Does Bailey's, "whatever's best for the team," selfless attitude become emblematic of the new Red Sox "team first" mentality?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Does Bailey's, "whatever's best for the team," selfless attitude become emblematic of the new Red Sox "team first" mentality?

Juxtaposed to the 08 - 12  Aceves type "it's all about me, not the team, & I've earned the right to act like a pampered, coddled, & spoiled" piece of krapp brand of Red Sox baseball!

I think Bailey's attitude is the freshest breath of air I've seen with the Red Sox since 07!  You gotta love some of these new guys!  My god, I'm even starting to fall for Lackey's new and improved look & attitude.  :)

I'm really starting to pull for this team!   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Does Bailey's,

So he says the right thing and is perceived as a good guy.  This means that Geo won't start a thread about him or some WEEI or media shitstirrer will find a different piece of bait to get hits to their blog.

I care about how he performs in whatever role he finds himself in.  For all we know, he could be traded before the start of the season.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I like that he said that.  That is good sportsmanship and good team attitude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I think our BP is strong enough to withstand trading Bailey.  He could, if he pitches well, be excellent trade bait for a missing piece of the position player puzzle?  IF Bard & Aceves pitch to their abilities, trading Bailey has been in the back of my mind, given an opening for the right player, i.e. quality OF'r.  Still, very unlikely!!!

Whatever the case, I'm liking the way this guy is carrying himself!  This could be one of, if not the strongest BP's in baseball with a healthy Bailey.  You gotta love it!  Wish we could make a trade for a #2 / #3 SPer!!!  THIS IS THE BIGGEST NEED for the Red Sox!  Too many question marks in the SR, which WILL BE THE DETERMINANT FACTOR in a 85+ win / possible WC season.

Yes!  The new position players acquired in the OS could be just as big a factor, but you have to love their attitudes also!!! 

Let's pray these guys get on an early roll....  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He realize that Hanarhan is going to be a FA next season and has the best shot at replacing him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

He realize that Hanarhan is going to be a FA next season and has the best shot at replacing him.

that's cold

I think bailey is a legit GG

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Lackey should share his successful diet experience with Bailey.  LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I thought Bailey looks in pretty good shape?  Let's just hope he's cut down on the video games.  Mysterious thum injuries?  I think not!   :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I thought we ended the four-line thread title.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Tri you must have missed the memo from------ kst.

It was overruled.

I think Bailey will be moved--if Hanrahan doesn't work out Taz or Aceves could share the closer role.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

It was overruled.

I think Bailey will be moved--if Hanrahan doesn't work out Taz or Aceves could share the closer role.

Aceves was a disaster as closer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

So he says the right thing and is perceived as a good guy.  This means that Geo won't start a thread about him or some WEEI or media shitstirrer will find a different piece of bait to get hits to their blog.

I care about how he performs in whatever role he finds himself in.  For all we know, he could be traded before the start of the season.  

apparently you prefer the "my off day is my off day" drivel of Beckett - because he performed so well last year...

maybe this is why he is gone? maybe this is why Aceves' agent had to meet Ben the next day after his "misunderstanding".....its too bad we just cant all shut down these boards of conjencture and simply communicate red sox interest via baseballreference.com metrics....kumbaya Sheriff...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

I thought Bailey looks in pretty good shape?  Let's just hope he's cut down on the video games.  Mysterious thum injuries?  I think not!   :)

Good morning RSdirtdogOR   :)

I bet Bailey can't even close games when he plays MLB 12.  LOL

All jokes aside, I hope he bounces back in 2013.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Brings up a good question.  Can a guy injure his thumb being played on Xbox?  IDK  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Juxtaposed to the 08 - 12  Aceves type "it's all about me, not the team, & I've earned the right to act like a pampered, coddled, & spoiled" piece of krapp brand of Red Sox baseball!

I think Bailey's attitude is the freshest breath of air I've seen with the Red Sox since 07!  You gotta love some of these new guys!  My god, I'm even starting to fall for Lackey's new and improved look & attitude.  :)

I'm really starting to pull for this team!   

Jonny Gomes is the same way. And naps has handled his situation with class as well...

With Pedro and Tek in the ear of these young guys, this team has set them selves up nicely to get back on the right track again.

Will it happen overnight like some want? Not a chance. But its headed in the right direction.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Bailey missed 90 % of the season and was another reason why the team tanked last year. He is constantly injured. What would you think he is going to say.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Brings up a good question.  Can a guy injure his thumb being played on Xbox?  IDK  :)

....that is not a good question lol probably one of the dumbest i've seen on these boards :p

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

It was overruled.

I love how posters talk to Triumph the insult comic dog, who spends all his time here just putting in one line insults in every thread and doesn't even discuss anything, like he's a normal person. He already admitted to trolling the Bruins board as well as this board as a Yankee troll.

FTR putting up a four-line thread just bumps other threads off the board. If you can't get anyone to reply to your post unless you put up four lines, than maybe you shouldn't put the thread up. The board is not about one person's thoughts.

Here's some of his latest insulting comments, one even went over the one-line rule, but it was for a good cause:

Wonder if they know where Ortiz gets his milk shakes?

yeah.....I am here waxing the floors and taking out the trash.....seem to be typing a post and responding to a BIG piece of trash right now.

No wonder we seem attract every single Yankee troll on the Internet. It's a troll paradise here. I think you should keep reading "Tri's" posts, and put me on ignore. We couldn't have less in common if this is one of the posters you agree with.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

What like a video game voodoo doll?