Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be?

yes it does. even though the Red Sox will not make the playoffs,keeping the pressure on the yankees forces them to play hard into September and not back into the playoffs. though i don't expect the Rays or O's to catch them at least the Rangers can finish with the best record in the American League.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be?

In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be?:
    [QUOTE]On a positive note - ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION PIKE - I was very impressed to see the three management amigos make a surprise road visit to our beleagered team and also to see Lucchino answering questions more honestly. That was encouraging for me and it was clearly encouraging for the team. You define this as a positive comment? It sounds more like you are being critical of the trio by impling that they were negligent previously. Calling someone dishonest in the past is being "positive". LOL, you can't even be positive when you intend to be.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Answering questions more honestly coming out of Lucchino's mouth is one small step above flat out lies. He's a lawyer remember. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Boston is six games behind in the loss column in the Wild Card race. 

Boston has to win two out of three vs. the Yankees. 

Time is running out for the Red Sox. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be?:
    [QUOTE]i predict a sox sweep in the bronx, the catalyst for a rockies-esque september firestorm that catapults the once-left-for-dead red sox into the playoffs.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps my legendary gift of precognition is rubbing off on you, space...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be? : I hope you're right, Space! I feel it's more like the woman that just dumped me, but still wants to be friends. She'll call, because her car is running crappy, but will take her new bf away in it on Monday, after I spend the weekend fixing it. The Sox will take 2-3 this weekend, get my hopes up and then, get swept by the Angels.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]
    Do a good job on the points and plugs, and you can consider that relationship repaired!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]i predict a sox sweep in the bronx, the catalyst for a rockies-esque september firestorm that catapults the once-left-for-dead red sox into the playoffs.
    I really hope this is sarcasm !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be? : I really hope this is sarcasm !!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    I cannot speak for space, but I really feel the Bosox are overdue for a Stadium sweep, and why not take out all that Yawkey Way Zoo cage rage on the hapless Bronx Bomblets...It will happen...Now as to the Sox morphing into the 2007 Colorado Rockies???....The Delphic Oracle doors have still not opened with regard to that one...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be? : I cannot speak for space, but I really feel the Bosox are overdue for a Stadium sweep, and why not take out all that Yawkey Way Zoo cage rage on the hapless Bronx Bomblets...It will happen...Now as to the Sox morphing into the 2007 Colorado Rockies???....The Delphic Oracle doors have still not opened with regard to that one...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the standings ? Those " hapless '' Yanks happen to be in 1st place and on cruise control to another division title. The Sox have been pretty much irrelevent since May. I agree, Red Sox are overdue for a miracle which would be to sweep the Yanks in the Stadium. As much as I hate the Yanks, it ain't happening !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

When it is the eight inning Sunday night, and the Bosox are clearly on the cusp of a sweep, it will indeed seem a bit surreal....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be? : I really hope this is sarcasm !!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

BELIEVE JP, BELIEVE!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Boston is six games behind in the loss column in the Wild Card race.  Boston has to win two out of three vs. the Yankees.  Time is running out for the Red Sox. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

Time ran out a long time ago. I believe they really were eliminated mentally either in Seattle or on Oakland when they lost six of those seven games. They do not have the team chemistry or the pitching to make it now even though they are not mathmatically eliminated yet. While I would love to see them sweep the damn Yankees, one win is all I am expecting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be? : BELIEVE JP, BELIEVE!!
    Space, this team makes it too hard to believe in. As sad as it is to say, with all of the drama, the bickering, he said she said stuff, players way under performing &  the whole Bobby Valentine thing, this year's Red Sox team have turned into a complete gongshow !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be? : Space, this team makes it too hard to believe in. As sad as it is to say, with all of the drama, the bickering, he said she said stuff, players way under performing &  the whole Bobby Valentine thing, this year's Red Sox team have turned into a complete gongshow !!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]I really liked the Gong Show. That was one of the best shows on television.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

What's that movie about Chuck Barris, monsieur???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]What's that movie about Chuck Barris, monsieur???
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]A Dangerous Mind? I liked it. I guess I must like entertainers named Chuck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I'm definitely taking that Ouija Board back to Walmart...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'm definitely taking that Ouija Board back to Walmart...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]I wast going to say so much for your predictive powers. Have you guys won ten yet?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Not any more except, maybe, to say "sit, fellas" to Salty and Aviles. Wouls like to see them bring up the SS from Pawtucket; stick with Ciriaco at third, keep a set lineup and see what happens. Give the C job to Lavanway.

Give Ortiz a solid, 14 mil, 2-year con tract. Place CC on the DL, and get him whatever surgery will get him 100%. Bring up the kid Fields, and let him close a few games; see what's what there.

Stumbling along without any plan is a waste of time, at this point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be? : I wast going to say so much for your predictive powers. Have you guys won ten yet?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    I ALMOST predicted that this series would be the first time one of my long-shot picks would be off...Sheesh...I hate when that happens....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Have to revise that sweep thing, but 2 of 3 would be nice.  Yanks have some rookie pitcher going tomorrow so Sox should enjoy some fireworks in that ballpark.  Just have to slow down those HRs by the Yanks...that team is built with that stadium in mind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Tomorrow's matchup (Lester vs. Phelps) should be a good one...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Tomorrow's matchup (Lester vs. Phelps) should be a good one...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]Hopefully Lester's throwing his curveball for strikes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I really like Lester in this spot....Phelps can really only go 5 so the Yankee bullpen, whch has been a bit up and down of late, will play a big role in this game...So much for the sweep I predicted, but I think the Bosox will take the next 2 now...Lester, with all his ups and downs, is still a Number 2 in my book...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does this weekend's Red Sox-Yankee series matter, and what will the result be? : I wast going to say so much for your predictive powers. Have you guys won ten yet?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Carn, it's currently 7 games to 3