Dog days of posting?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Dog days of posting?

The Sox aren't the only ones wilting in the August heat. The postings of the last week have been juvenile at best. Someone starts out with an OP and it quickly is forgotten, and one of three things seem to happen. First is name calling between Sox fans and Yankee trolls that is tedious at best. Second posters fall in love with each other, and really should just get a room and leave the rest of us alone. Third, and this one drives me insane, and believe me that is a short ride, is the political nonsense, what's next am I going to be deluged with your religious, or lack of same, ramblings.
       I know it is a lot to ask but how about a discussion on wether if this kid Lavarnway can hit, will it be the end for the captain.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Dog days of posting?

I'm sorry dan, you are right.

I get caught up in some of this ( and even instigate a bit), and I am ashamed to say that I am one of the culprits.

I will endeavor to be better at sticking to baseball talk, although it is tough with this crowd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Dog days of posting?:
    [QUOTE]   The Sox aren't the only ones wilting in the August heat. The postings of the last week have been juvenile at best. Someone starts out with an OP and it quickly is forgotten, and one of three things seem to happen. First is name calling between Sox fans and Yankee trolls that is tedious at best. Second posters fall in love with each other, and really should just get a room and leave the rest of us alone. Third, and this one drives me insane, and believe me that is a short ride, is the political nonsense, what's next am I going to be deluged with your religious, or lack of same, ramblings.    I know it is a lot to ask but how about a discussion on wether if this kid Lavarnay can hit, will it be the end for the captain.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

The two Lavarnway threads were quickly hijacked and became Montero threads. You are right. We could start a thread about the Prudential Tower in Boston and the Yankee fans would arrive in a few minutes and brag about the Empire State Bldg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Dog days of posting?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Dog days of posting? : The two Lavarnway threads were quickly hijacked and became Montero threads. You are right. We could start a thread about the Prudential Tower in Boston and the Yankee fans would arrive in a few minutes and brag about the Empire State Bldg.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

The Empire State Building is awesome.....the Prudential Tower isn't even in the same conversation....cmon lets get serious!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry dan, you are right. I get caught up in some of this ( and even instigate a bit), and I am ashamed to say that I am one of the culprits. I will endeavor to be better at sticking to baseball talk, although it is tough with this crowd.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with old fashioned name calling, but it should be in conjunction with some facts or opinion that back it up. It is the insults flying back and forth may have some history behind them, but for a Johnny come lately like me, I'm left in the dark.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dog days of posting? :    Nothing wrong with old fashioned name calling, but it should be in conjunction with some facts or opinion that back it up. It is the insults flying back and forth may have some history behind them, but for a Johnny come lately like me, I'm left in the dark.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Babe has no trouble with anyone calling him a troll. He has admitted it many times. He says that he loves to come here and annoy Red Sox fans. Case closed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

agreed phil, posters a troll are not of values or uses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lavarnway sounds like a good kid, I hope he hits...in fact, I'm counting on it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You're right, these are the ChatDog Days.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dog days of posting? : So you don't have a problem with the name calling between the red sawx trolls and Yankee fans?
    Posted by ) />TheBabe<([/QUOTE]

If your fron N.Y. I have no problem with someone being a Yankee fan, because they don't know any better. The Yankee fans from other parts of country are nothing but front runners who lack any imagination.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

attic: everyone outside NYC hates the yankees, there is gonna be exceptions here and there, but they are not important

we should all go and invade some lame NYY sports page and anoy them back...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

http://www.myyesnetwork.com/go/thread/view/82290/28210563/THIS_ONE_IS_ON_THE_UMPS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

you're right. let's make this board as boring as possible.
    use pawsoxphil and atticdan as examples. if you think watching crawford at bat is tedious, wait til you see how this board turns out.
    btw, ZILLA has pretty much turned into a limp lizard. i used to respect his humorous posts, now he's as sleep inducing as wal-mart phil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]you're right. let's make this board as boring as possible. use pawsoxphil and atticdan as examples. if you think watching crawford at bat is tedious, wait til you see how this board turns out. btw, ZILLA has pretty much turned into a limp lizard. i used to respect his humorous posts, now he's as sleep inducing as wal-mart phil.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]  NOT TO MENTION  BILL-806 AND HIS DAD !!LaughingCool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Name-calling should be reserved for the: players/managers/coaches/umpires/league officials/broadcassters/writers.
    The fans need to stick together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, gotta give this board credit for consistency then.  The Dog Days devolution of threads seems remarkably similar to the devolution of threads in April, June, off-season.  Steady as she goes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]you're right. let's make this board as boring as possible. use pawsoxphil and atticdan as examples. if you think watching crawford at bat is tedious, wait til you see how this board turns out. btw, ZILLA has pretty much turned into a limp lizard. i used to respect his humorous posts, now he's as sleep inducing as wal-mart phil.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Sorry YAZZER, I am not going to be sucked into your web and respond childishly to the "limp lizard" remark.

I like this guy, atticdan. He is correct. Many of us, and I am as guilty as the others, stray from baseball talk way too often. I will try to keep you entertained , but plan on sticking to baseball talk as much as possible.

Here is a funny  picture, just so you don't get too bored:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agree on the dog days and on decent threads being ignored. 

Funny thing is, there's lots to talk about right now because the Sox are slumping at the plate, which is doubly bad because they won't often win games on pitching alone. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that you don't wait with baited breathe for my pithy remarks, and insightful observations, I'M SHOCKED, SHOCKED.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I have abstained from responding to any Troll posts for over a week now. That simple action for me has felt good without question. Why so many others on this forum continue to respond to the obvious Trolls with any response is beyond me. Just Say No! Don't take their bait. Let them drone on. They are counting on you to fight back. Just stop.

Now, back to baseball. We are facing this huge eight game road trip without Papi and Youk. Miller starting tonight. The slumping Lavarnway being brought up is not the answer. Crawford continues his season long deep slump. Buch out for the season. Facing 4 against the streaking and tough Rangers in Arlington and 100+ degree heat, all lead me to beleive and hope that September will bring a resurgence of our bats. Between now and then, we are in for a rough road and don't give me that "you're not being positive" line, I have been a Red Sox Fan for 46 years and know that these slumps happen every year. We have to endure and hope for the best once we get out of this malaize.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Sindarin, agree with most of your thoughts but don't see it quite as bleak as you see it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]I have abstained from responding to any Troll posts for over a week now. That simple action for me has felt good without question. Why so many others on this forum continue to respond to the obvious Trolls with any response is beyond me. Just Say No! Don't take their bait. Let them drone on. They are counting on you to fight back. Just stop. Now, back to baseball. We are facing this huge eight game road trip without Papi and Youk. Miller starting tonight. The slumping Lavarnway being brought up is not the answer. Crawford continues his season long deep slump. Buch out for the season. Facing 4 against the streaking and tough Rangers in Arlington and 100+ degree heat, all lead me to beleive and hope that September will bring a resurgence of our bats. Between now and then, we are in for a rough road and don't give me that "you're not being positive" line, I have been a Red Sox Fan for 46 years and know that these slumps happen every year. We have to endure and hope for the best once we get out of this malaize.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]
        I agree, the Sox need to grind out some wins, and being in K.C with their less than stellar pitching is a perfect spot for offense to right itself despite injuries. Texas on the other hand a split would be welcome at this address. Sox then can come home regroup for final push leading to play offs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I am very thankful we are only .5 out as of today. Yes, we definately need to take advantage of KC, but actually they are a good hitting team which does not bode well for tonight. I'm hoping Lester does well Sunday too. I'd take a 3-5 road trip at this point, 4-4 would be awesome given all the position player injuries and slumps right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from <(The--Babe)>. Show <(The--Babe)>'s posts

[QUOTE]I have abstained from responding to any Troll posts for over a week now. That simple action for me has felt good without question. Why so many others on this forum continue to respond to the obvious Trolls with any response is beyond me. Just Say No! Don't take their bait. Let them drone on. They are counting on you to fight back. Just stop. Now, back to baseball. We are facing this huge eight game road trip without Papi and Youk. Miller starting tonight. The slumping Lavarnway being brought up is not the answer. Crawford continues his season long deep slump. Buch out for the season. Facing 4 against the streaking and tough Rangers in Arlington and 100+ degree heat, all lead me to beleive and hope that September will bring a resurgence of our bats. Between now and then, we are in for a rough road and don't give me that "you're not being positive" line, I have been a Red Sox Fan for 46 years and know that these slumps happen every year. We have to endure and hope for the best once we get out of this malaize.

Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I gonna take your advice so I'm gonna try not to respond to you any longer.