DONE!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: DONE!

In Response to DONE!:
    [QUOTE]I predicted this demise two months ago. No runs against one of the worst minor league teams in 11 innings. This group of talanted individuals stink as a team. They do nothing to keep in shape. They have guys behaving as girls. They are done. At least we will not have to see them choke in the playoffs. Right now the yankees, rangers, tigers, angels, rays, white sox, indians are all better than this group. Been a red sox fan for 70 years and this group is the most disappointing.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.  

You're funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

wow, its okay to be critical but to jump ship.... seems silly as the boat is not actually sinking. Good luck with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE POSTER "teddybaseball1009" , I
    WATCHED THE TORONTO GAME ON LABOR DAY, AND IT IS HARD
    TO BELIEVE THAT THIS TEAM, AS ASSEMBLED BY THEO EPSTEIN,
    THE "GENIUS" , COULD NOT BEAT A KID WHO WAS PLAYING A
    BALL AT YEAR'S BEGINNING.  WE SCORED 0 RUNS. ADD THIS TO
    RESOUNDING SERIES LOSSES TO THE RANGERS AND YANKEES, AND
    IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THIS TEAM IS GOING ANYWHERE. IF
    WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, IT WILL BE SHEER LUCK. OUR PITCHING
    STAFF IS IN CHAOS AND OUR HITTERS ARE UNDERPERFORMING.
    I AM AS DISAPPOINTED AS "teddybaseball" . I WATCHED THE YANKS
    ON MY LOCAL TV, AND THEY SCORED WITH EASE, AS THEY DO IN
    NEARLY ALL THEIR GAMES.  WE STRUGGLE TO SCORE 2 RUNS.
    THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE WITH THE TEAM...WE WERE SUPPOSED
    TO BE PROLIFIC ON OFFENSE.  [ NOT ] !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sniff-tears. Show sniff-tears's posts

In Response to DONE!:
    [QUOTE]I predicted this demise two months ago. No runs against one of the worst minor league teams in 11 innings. This group of talanted individuals stink as a team. They do nothing to keep in shape. They have guys behaving as girls. They are done. At least we will not have to see them choke in the playoffs. Right now the yankees, rangers, tigers, angels, rays, white sox, indians are all better than this group. Been a red sox fan for 70 years and this group is the most disappointing.

Hang in there pops... Your Yankees just beat the WORST AL team, at HOME, by ONE run 11 to 10!!! I'd rather see the Red Sox lose 1-0 on the road in extra innings than to hang on aginst Baltimore in a barn burner... Great pitching you got there Spankee!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

A lot of frustrated fans today

I don't get it

Yeah we should have taken G3 from the yankees

Rangers just outslugged us

And the Jays won ONE game - it's not like it was an ugly game

Until the Sox give up the WC lead - and IF they ever do, not sure how you can mail it in

They should bounce back

Now if Beckett is done that's a different story completely

The good news is we have 3 more weeks to get healthy, get it together and go on a hot streak

It would be foolish to give up now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

This is ridiculous!  The sox are playing in October period.   The good news is they can rest Beckett for the whole month of September if necessary, concede the division to the Spankees and still win the wild card by a comfortable margin.  They won it all in '04 by winning the wild card and again in '07 as the Eastern Division champions.  The sox medical staff and management will be sure to keep Beckett as healthy as possible and will not use him until he is ready.  Sprained ankles are definately painful but he can heal from this by playoff time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to DONE!:

i agree. if there's any team that could choke up and not make it to the playoffs, it's this year's SOX.

heads are gonna roll; hopefully, theo's will roll 1st.
    he will be the most responsible for this year's upcoming collapse. his free agent signings for the last few years have been nothing short of pathetic, and are now finally catching up to this overrated tool.
    slackey, jenks, and crawford; no GM should be allowed to survive that catastrophe.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Time to see Francona really coach....like move men over when the hitting sucks. It's time Tony!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I thought that a TOOL was someone "being used by someone else"? Are you saying that Theo is being used by John Henry. You had better look up TOOL in the dictionary first before using the word wrongly and making an azz of yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: DONE!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to DONE! : i agree. this SOX team of wusses will NOT make it to the playoffs this year. Posted by --theYazzer--[/QUOTE]

How about a wager on that?  Here's what I propose:

If you're right, the next time I get banned I'll never come back, under any name.

If you're wrong, the next time you get banned YOU never come back under any name.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to DONE!:

Yeah, man, tough to watch.  If I were you, I would just give up the ghost and switch teams to root for.  You will be much happier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would like to see a little lineup change:
    Ells
    Scu
    Crawford
    Pedroia
    AGon
    Youk
    Papi
    Salty/Tek/Lavarnway
    Reddick

Crawford would be getting some good pitches to hit  ahead of Pedroia and would have the opportunity of having a runner on in front of him with Ells and Scu.

If Ells and CC don't have the greenlight to create some havoc on the bases we are losing half of their value.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I guess I fall somewhere between, as usual. I too am more than annoyed at this team, and am tempted to jump ship. The Beckett thing is the key, if he's ok, things aren't too bad. But I can't say that I like the idea of "giving him Sept. off", he wouldn't be good for much after not pitching for a month. We will probably not win the AL East, that is a major disappointment for morale and home field. But baseball is a sport of unexpected reversals and twists. Playing crappy in Sept. could mean a sudden revival when the PS starts. It's been done many times before. The 00 NYY were aweful in Sept. and got hot in the PS, as did the 06 Cardinals. They were deader than dead in Aug/Sept., but look what happened--I think they only won 85 games that year. That's my main hope, because winning it outright based on being the best team in baseball like they did in 07? Aint gonna happen folks, and I got news for ya NYY, aint gonna happen that way for you either, you got too many holes. NYY starting pitching has been as ugly lately as the Sox hitting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Yeah, we need a low OBP-OPS guy in the 3 slot, to kill the lineup.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Sox get wild card, beat Texas in 4, Yankees in 6, then Buch is back in the rotation in the world series against the Phillies and we beat them in 7.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

JD Crawford as that is his new moniker in my household and Julio Scrubtaro at the top of the line up surely you jest? Scrubby hits well at the rogers centre except when there are runners on base and in any other ballpark he is out number whatever he is for that inning. Look every team has flaws but most good managers try to hide them on the bench and only use them in an emergancy.The Sox have a Gold glove SS sitting at Pawtucket who though he's a light hitting SS his glove alone produces hits in the minus column for the opposition,lets say Iglesias gets one hit in a game but he prevents 3 hits in a game thats like him going 4-for whatever,in Scrubby's world he goes 2-4 and prevents not one hit it's a wash,thats just one of the blemishes on this wart filled team! Gonzo is a great DH and an average firstbaseman,Youk is a great firstbaseman playing thirdbase. Reddick though an improvement over Drew but not by much. Crappy Carl all of a sudden can't steal a base,doesn't bunt anymore and is at best a mediocre LF um i think the sox were suckered on this deal.I would get into the bullpen but there are only three members out there who actually do their jobs consistantly Paps,Bard and Aceves. Morales,Albers,18 Wheeler and there goes the game.The starters are OK but if Beckett goes down the next words you'll be hearing in Boston are Go Patriots! Has anyone seen Bobby Jenks? 15 and 2/3's innings pitched 6 million dollars,Wow sign me up and I'll throw in an extra 1/3 of an inning. I will say this though it's to early too judge but I think Bowden might turn out to be OK... The bring up Lavarway,Spears and Weiland but leave the one true weapon that needs to be playing in Iglesias down on the farm,even as slow witted as I might be I don't make this tactical error. Also if they have a problem with Beckett's injury who steps up? Not Weiland,they should bring up Matt Fox who was the best pitcher on the Pawsox this season..I must be missing something?????????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --theYazzer--. Show --theYazzer--'s posts

[QUOTE]JD Crawford as that is his new moniker in my household and Julio Scrubtaro at the top of the line up surely you jest? Scrubby hits well at the rogers centre except when there are runners on base and in any other ballpark he is out number whatever he is for that inning. Look every team has flaws but most good managers try to hide them on the bench and only use them in an emergancy.The Sox have a Gold glove SS sitting at Pawtucket who though he's a light hitting SS his glove alone produces hits in the minus column for the opposition,lets say Iglesias gets one hit in a game but he prevents 3 hits in a game thats like him going 4-for whatever,in Scrubby's world he goes 2-4 and prevents not one hit it's a wash,thats just one of the blemishes on this wart filled team! Gonzo is a great DH and an average firstbaseman,Youk is a great firstbaseman playing thirdbase. Reddick though an improvement over Drew but not by much. Crappy Carl all of a sudden can't steal a base,doesn't bunt anymore and is at best a mediocre LF um i think the sox were suckered on this deal.I would get into the bullpen but there are only three members out there who actually do their jobs consistantly Paps,Bard and Aceves. Morales,Albers,18 Wheeler and there goes the game.The starters are OK but if Beckett goes down the next words you'll be hearing in Boston are Go Patriots! Has anyone seen Bobby Jenks? 15 and 2/3's innings pitched 6 million dollars,Wow sign me up and I'll throw in an extra 1/3 of an inning. I will say this though it's to early too judge but I think Bowden might turn out to be OK... The bring up Lavarway,Spears and Weiland but leave the one true weapon that needs to be playing in Iglesias down on the farm,even as slow witted as I might be I don't make this tactical error. Also if they have a problem with Beckett's injury who steps up? Not Weiland,they should bring up Matt Fox who was the best pitcher on the Pawsox this season..I must be missing something?????????
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

hey sportsbozo,

i'm bragging here, but it was i who invented the JD CRAWFORD tag.
    i'm very proud of it.
    thank you for making use of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Teddybaseball009, you probably remember the early 70s when RS would be in first place in August, and the Orioles would come into Fenway and sweep three or four game series, pitching several shutouts along the way.  Is your reaction to recent struggles triggered by the RS teams of the past?  Hang in there!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Got something for you.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]wow, its okay to be critical but to jump ship.... seems silly as the boat is not actually sinking. Good luck with that.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    Sounds old enough to have been on the Titanic. Did anyone know that the unsinkable Molly Brown went down on Fenway's opening night? The game was delayed due to rain. This is where all the banshees that troll the Fens came from. They couldn't find Ellis Island.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Did he ever noticed that Boston played two best AL teams within six days periods?

Come on, Yankees are playing no one except Boston within past 10 days.  After the Yankees playing Baltimore, the Yankees will not have much easier schedule.  Same goes to Boston.

Wait until Yankees go on a road trip, and then we can see the standing.

Quit worry already.