Don't call me J.D. Beeyotch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Don't call me J.D. Beeyosch

May:

.348   12 RBI's   5 runs  :)

atta boy!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Don't call me J.D. Beeyosch

I predicted about .280 BA .340-50OBP and a north of 800 OPS by years end with solid defense. Ill take that from my SS any year. Thats worth 9.5M IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The more than solid D at SS is the biggest surprise to me.  After watching Ciriaco, who I've always liked, Drew looks like the consumate PRO!  He is solid, with excellent positioning instincts.  Makes ALL THE PLAYS he's supossed to +++  :)

This guy is really growing on me!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

JD 2 ;-)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Totally solid fundamentals, gotta say that much about the Drews no matter what else you wanna think or say about them.  Like the younger one better myself, he plays every day, no phantom injuries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not really a JD Drew fan. His brother is starting to play ball like it should be played,so I doff my cap to the younger Drew, and I'll stop calling him Stephanie! He's actually playing very good ball both defensively and offensively.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

The younger Drew has definitely solidified the up-the-middle infield with DP.  A very pleasant surprise.  He has started contributing to the team's success.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This is why I was saying to watch him before you judge him. His slow start was due to not getting the amount of AB's needed to get the timing down. Once he got those AB's he took off. The numbers would say that Drew was a mess defensively. The numbers lie. I had many a debate here that Drew was a statisticians nightmare because hes a solid defender. Everyone kept throwing UZR/150 and range factor or whatever at me. Now theyre understanding what Im saying.

Defensive stats are not even remotely close to being as accurate as offense and pitching. its too subjective and has too many variables that numbers cant count for.

Before his injury, Drew was improving every year and was top 3 and top 5 in OPS for SS. Hes an 800+ OPS SS which is top tier. Put that with his solid defense and you have a SS that you can count on and is worth 9.5M.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Drew might always be unpopular due to Iglesis fanaticism, his brother, and fans who simply cannot let go.  But the guy has 15 RBIs in the last 16 games, and during a stretch when most of the team is struggling with RISP.  i don't get how fans can complain about the lack of cltch hitting and complain about Drew at the same time.  

Learn to enjoy baseball at some point...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Drew might always be unpopular due to Iglesis fanaticism, his brother, and fans who simply cannot let go.  But the guy has 15 RBIs in the last 16 games, and during a stretch when most of the team is struggling with RISP.  i don't get how fans can complain about the lack of cltch hitting and complain about Drew at the same time.  

Learn to enjoy baseball at some point...

Well said.

Too bad it has to be said at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

When the Sox originally signed him I actually liked it quite a bit.  Iggy was a complete disaster at the plate and in the 3 years the Sox had him there were ZERO signs that he would finally get it.  People are also quick to forget that Iggy has not been able to stay on the field for a season because he has been injury prone.  The only issue I had was the $9.5 mil they signed him for.  I really thought it was way too much for a guy coming off a pretty major injury and who didn't end the season well when coming back from it.  I figured a "Napoli deal" would have been more appropriate.  With that said......if he can bat .285 with and have a .365OBP......as well as continue the VERY solid defense....he will be well worth it and I'll be happy to eat my words.... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

When the Sox originally signed him I actually liked it quite a bit.  Iggy was a complete disaster at the plate and in the 3 years the Sox had him there were ZERO signs that he would finally get it.  People are also quick to forget that Iggy has not been able to stay on the field for a season because he has been injury prone.  The only issue I had was the $9.5 mil they signed him for.  I really thought it was way too much for a guy coming off a pretty major injury and who didn't end the season well when coming back from it.  I figured a "Napoli deal" would have been more appropriate.  With that said......if he can bat .285 with and have a .365OBP......as well as continue the VERY solid defense....he will be well worth it and I'll be happy to eat my words.... 

Nice post, Kingface....The dollars were obviously high, but I believe it was St. Louis who was willing to give him significant guaranteed money and all things being equal, he would've preferred to stay in the NL and play there.  The Sox had to be aggressive to be able to sign him, as they obviously weren't going into Spring Training with Iglesias & Ciriaco as the only SS options.  His defense has been exactly what the AZ beat writer said it would be on WEEI - "a stat geek's nightmare."  

The Sox were supposedly very aggressive with Kuroda (he said it himself publicly), but it obviously wasn't all about the money with him.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Nice post, Kingface....The dollars were obviously high, but I believe it was St. Louis who was willing to give him significant guaranteed money and all things being equal, he would've preferred to stay in the NL and play there.  The Sox had to be aggressive to be able to sign him, as they obviously weren't going into Spring Training with Iesias & Ciriaco as the only SS options.  His defense has been exactly what the AZ beat writer said it would be on WEEI - "a stat geek's nightmare."  

The Sox were supposedly very aggressive with Kuroda (he said it himself publicly), but it obviously wasn't all about the money with him.

I love the fact that most looked at the numbers and came to the conclusion that he was an awful defender. Might give some a whole new look at the validity of defensive metrics.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Don't call me J.D. Beeyotch

Drew had a very abbreviated ST this year. His ST was the first few weeks of our season. From April 10 when he returned to April 21 he hit .100/.339. After that he has hit .309/.937. While I don't think those latter numbers can be maintained, its pretty clear that there is a huge difference between what he can do with the bat and what Iggy can do with the bat. Defensively he has been solid, if unspectacular. In my mind the right decision was made in terms of sending Iggy back to Pawtucket until he demonstrates a consistent ability to hit the baseball, a day which may or may not ever arrive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

We need more players like STEVIE !!!!   What say you ????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

So you are ready to admit that the decision to send Iggy down was correct?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

SD Drew? :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

So you are ready to admit that the decision to send Iggy down was correct?

No, but I always have a place in my POSTING for good HUMOR !!!  Drew is a better hitter, IGGY has the glove......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Bill, 

Would you please be consistant. All you spoke about for weeks was raving about bringing up Iggy. Now you've suddenly got a change of heart. 

Hetch

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Totally solid fundamentals, gotta say that much about the Drews no matter what else you wanna think or say about them.  Like the younger one better myself, he plays every day, no phantom injuries.

Why phantom injuries when he has a one year deal? Don't you know how the system works?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Bill, 

Would you please be consistant. All you spoke about for weeks was raving about bringing up Iggy. Now you've suddenly got a change of heart. 

Hetch

HETCH, Please see above !!!