Don't dismiss how valuable Brock Holt might be down the road

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Don't dismiss how valuable Brock Holt might be down the road

If he has already responded by hitting ,290+ in a season ending run, I am already interested.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he has already responded by hitting ,290+ in a season ending run, I am already interested.

[/QUOTE]

He could even push pedro out the door.  He's Younger,has more potential,and is under control longer than pedro is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He could even push pedro out the door.  He's Younger,has more potential,and is under control longer than pedro is.

[/QUOTE]

....and the world could still end this month in a Mayan-predicted disaster.

"Baby Face Holt" and his 72 MLB PAs turns 25 in June.  He was a throw-in in a deal for the not-really-mighty Joel Hanrahan.

"Old Man Pedroia" and his ROY, MVP, SS, 3 AS and 2 GG turns 30 in August.  Hopefully he will return to full health this season.

• The Sox would not trade Pedroia for Holt.
    • The Sox would not trade Pedroia for 5 Holts (middling, middle-aged "prospects").
    • The Sox would not trade Pedroia for 10 Holts.
    • The Sox would not trade Pedroia for 25 Holts.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

soxprospects.com placed Holt at #16 just ahead of Ranaudo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are speaking of Ciriaco, right?

[/QUOTE]

Ooh, if so my apologies to xXR....if I misread "Pedro" for "Pedey" in your last post.  I can easily see Holt pushing Ciriaco out the door as early as 2013.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Looks to be more than just a "throw in". Would explain why Melancon was part of the deal. Melancon may just end up being the closer in Pittsburgh, and will probably do well there. Hanrahan has filthy stuff as long as he can get it over the plate, at age 31 should be entering his prime as far as control. But Holt may turn out to be a nice add, he's been a allstar at every level of in minors and the fact that he's termed hard nosed makes him a good fit for Fenway crowds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

these last trade by Ben is the first trade i have felt really good about since his tenure began as GM...i really like both of these guys...well done

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are speaking of Ciriaco, right?

[/QUOTE]

Ooh, if so my apologies to xXR....if I misread "Pedro" for "Pedey" in your last post.  I can easily see Holt pushing Ciriaco out the door as early as 2013.

[/QUOTE]

Yes i did mean Pedro Ciriaco in my last post, but thats ok Sh1t happens people misread things and what nots. I can see where saying that holt would push Pedey out the door would seem a little "crazy" for sure. Lol