Don't Feel Good About This Weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend

In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend:
    [QUOTE]As always, I look forward to Sox-Yanks series. I did predict earlier in the week that the Red Sox would be 3-4 games out of first by Sunday night. So no, I don't feel good about our chances here at all. Game 2, with Lackey vs. CC is a guarenteed loss. So it will be up to Lester in Game 1 and Beckett in Game 3 to come through. I sense a sweep by the Yanks. After our early season dominance of the Yanks, history of this series says, they sweep us to get the season series close. Hope that my prediction is wrong, but we shall see.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

August has not been kind to us the last couple of years. This is just 3 games, but IMO, very pivotal. We need to sweep, but 2 of three is a must.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

no doubt this will be a lot of fun to watch.  I think Geo makes a good comment when he claims that nothing will be resolved by this weekend, just some short term bragging rights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Like some of the others I feel terrific going into this weekend !! My Dark horse star of the series will be Crawford, for no other reason then he is Waaaaaaaay overdue !!  SOX 3-0 Sweep !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Like some of the others I feel terrific going into this weekend !! My Dark horse star of the series will be Crawford, for no other reason then he is Waaaaaaaay overdue !!  SOX 3-0 Sweep !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

Yeah Gator, THE RETURN OF MR. WALK-OFF!!  Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Hey, guys, CC is 0-3 against the Sox ... his ERA is horrible against them.  CC may finally get over the hump, but until that time give the Sox their due.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend : word up.  thanks j-bay.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]hey Space, stash those links J gave you, in case they get sacked by the mods..like last time...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, guys, CC is 0-3 against the Sox ... his ERA is horrible against them.  CC may finally get over the hump, but until that time give the Sox their due.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

no doubt Meister!  There seems to be a lot of "well, chalk up saturday night to the Yanks" sentiment going around.  Now, my confidence in Lackey twirling gem is not particularly high.  But, my confidence that the Sox can get to CC is based on recent history.  Sure, he has been a beast of late.  But I know a few guys in the Sox line-up in the mood for some monster-slaying.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend : hey Space, stash those llnks J gave you, in case they get sacked by the mods..like last time...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
     Good lookin' out Jete.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I am always excited for a series with the Yankees, but at the same time very nervous.  I don't know why, but I get myself so worked up sometimes that I can barely stand to watch the games.

The Yankees are playing great ball right now.  I'm hoping for a series win, but it will be tough.  I like the overall pitching matchups, but I've learned to not try to make predictions based on the matchups, especially in a Red Sox/Yankees series.

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-_yazzer. Show the-_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]This weekend is going to be awesome. Im in NYC and I cant wait to celebrate. Lackey is going to turn it on and dominate CC, just wait.
    Posted by thewags[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, the only CC that SLACKEY could dominate is the one that plays on his own team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend :  Good lookin' out Jete.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

i use this sometimes:
    http://atdhe.ws/

alsom mlb.tv charges by the game if you have internet out there but check to see if the evil empire has blacked out access first!
    good luck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend : i use this sometimes: http://atdhe.ws/ alsom mlb.tv charges by the game if you have internet out there but check to see if the evil empire has blacked out access first! good luck.
    Posted by kbair[/QUOTE]

You already sent us that link when posting as Babe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

In reality, since the Rays have faded away this series means very little. Nevertheless: Yanks take 2/3

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend : i use this sometimes: http://atdhe.ws/ alsom mlb.tv charges by the game if you have internet out there but check to see if the evil empire has blacked out access first! good luck.
    Posted by kbair[/QUOTE]
     thank K.  Yeah I have the mlb.tv package but of course it is blacked out here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend : Hahaha.  No can do.  I've been rolling with the Roku, and it has no controls on its box.

Spaceman

I got an app for my Iphone that is a remote for the Roku, that is how I watch the games also.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend : Spaceman I got an app for my Iphone that is a remote for the Roku, that is how I watch the games also.
    Posted by SpikeCunn5[/QUOTE]

gotta love the 21st century.  

Baby deep-sixed the remote for your control-lacking tv box?  THERES AN APP FOR THAT.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Sox should be fine with 2 wins, the Lackey game looks likely to be dropped.
    Posted by Cuthbertallbad[/QUOTE]

Cuth- Sure, Lackey is liable to give up 35-40 hits.  But let us not forget that CC hasn't exactly been shutting the Sox down.  Don't count out Saturday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-_yazzer. Show the-_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend : Cuth- Sure, Lackey is liable to give up 35-40 hits.  But let us not forget that CC hasn't exactly been shutting the Sox down.  Don't count out Saturday.

spaceman,
    i'll make a deal with you. if the SOX win saturday's game, i will refrain from using
    the terms "inepstein" and "THEO BLUNDER."
    i will still believe he is both, but i just won't post them anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]I feel real good about this weekend.

Ditto

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't Feel Good About This Weekend : spaceman, i'll make a deal with you. if the SOX win saturday's game, i will refrain from using the terms "inepstein" and "THEO BLUNDER." i will still believe he is both, but i just won't post them anymore.
    Posted by the-_yazzer[/QUOTE]

Love it.  DEAL.  The weekend just got more interesting.