Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!

There is no way Doubront stops the bleeding for the Red Sox. I think the free fall will continue. I can see Doubront getting lit up against the Jays in front of 50,000 in their home opener. No way this guy should even be in the rotation. This rotation is in serious trouble. Can you say 0-4 ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Re: Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!

In Response to Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!:
    [QUOTE] There is no way Doubront stops the bleeding for the Red Sox. I think the free fall will continue. I can see Doubront getting lit up against the Jays in front of 50,000 in their home opener. No way this guy should even be in the rotation. This rotation is in serious trouble. Can you say 0-4 ?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Last year they were 0-6, and then spent a lot of time in first place (despite the end of the season).  It's 162 games, there is no 'bleeding' and no 'free-fall.'  Sometimes I think the sox logo should be replaced with chicken-little.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Maybe the Yanks and Sox are having a contest to see which one pulls the ripcord first to stop this tragic free fall.  Looking at the posts on this board one would think the season is coming to an end, not just starting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Should my fantasy team start Henderson Alvarez against the Red Sox on Monday or Neftali Feliz against the Mariners on Tuesday? Both? Neither?

Alvarez faced the Red Sox in the fateful September of 2011:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR201109050.shtml

In his career, Feliz has pitched 16 shutout innings against the Mariners, striking out 21 ... without surrendering a hit:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=felizne01&year=Career&t=p

My fantasy pitching staff is already reeling after disappointing starts from Clay Buchholz, Madison Bumgarner and Mat Latos (plus mixed starts from Felix Hernandez and an encouraging start from Jered Weaver).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

In Response to Re: Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!:
    [QUOTE]Should my fantasy team start Henderson Alvarez against the Red Sox on Monday or Neftali Feliz against the Mariners on Tuesday? Both? Neither? Alvarez faced the Red Sox in the fateful September of 2011: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR201109050.shtml In his career, Feliz has pitched 16 shutout innings against the Mariners, striking out 21 ... without surrendering a hit : http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=felizne01&year=Career&t=p My fantasy pitching staff is already reeling after disappointing starts from Clay Buchholz, Madison Bumgarner and Mat Latos (plus mixed starts from Felix Hernandez and an encouraging start from Jered Weaver).
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Wow, these questios about your fantasy baseball team are very interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

he had the lowest era in spring training. i dont think he could do any worse than beckett or buch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE] There is no way Doubront stops the bleeding for the Red Sox. I think the free fall will continue. I can see Doubront getting lit up against the Jays in front of 50,000 in their home opener. No way this guy should even be in the rotation. This rotation is in serious trouble. Can you say 0-4 ?

What can you see now, smart-guy, or are you only available for bold predictions rather than crow-eating?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!": [QUOTE] There is no way Doubront stops the bleeding for the Red Sox. I think the free fall will continue. I can see Doubront getting lit up against the Jays in front of 50,000 in their home opener. No way this guy should even be in the rotation. This rotation is in serious trouble. Can you say 0-4 ? Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE] Terminally dense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!! : What can you see now, smart-guy, or are you only available for bold predictions rather than crow-eating?
    Posted by OhEFFU[/QUOTE]

And if I were the Bruins, I'd sue him for using a Bruins avatar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!": [QUOTE] There is no way Doubront stops the bleeding for the Red Sox. I think the free fall will continue. I can see Doubront getting lit up against the Jays in front of 50,000 in their home opener. No way this guy should even be in the rotation. This rotation is in serious trouble. Can you say 0-4 ? Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE] Please say bard will stink tomorrow!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!": Please say bard will stink tomorrow!
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]I still want Bard as the closer, even though Ace looked good tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!! : I still want Bard as the closer, even though Ace looked good tonight. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] I like bard in the rotation, I think he has too high a ceiling to not give it a try.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!! : What can you see now, smart-guy, or are you only available for bold predictions rather than crow-eating?
    Posted by OhEFFU[/QUOTE]

I will eat crow when it is called for. Although he was not terrible, he did not beat the Jays. You have to pitch more than 5 innings in this league to be considerd a quality start. If Santos doesn't gift wrap the game to the Red Sox in the 9th I'm sure you wouldn't be shooting off '' smart guy ''

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!! : I will eat crow when it is called for. Although he was not terrible, he did not beat the Jays. You have to pitch more than 5 innings in this league to be considerd a quality start. If Santos doesn't gift wrap the game to the Red Sox in the 9th I'm sure you wouldn't be shooting off '' smart guy ''
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]Come on, Doubront looked good tonight. Even you have to admit that. That curveball was nasty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Another poster who wants attention by being a troll or a pessimist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Go Devils....also you were not correct

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Doubront was terrific tonight. I guarantee the Sox would have gladly taken 5 IP and 2 ER tonight. (Probably would have only been 1 ER had Salty done a little better job blocking the plate, but I digress).

Also, and I know I sound like a broken record here, Atchison was fantastic in relief.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!! : I will eat crow when it is called for. Although he was not terrible, he did not beat the Jays. You have to pitch more than 5 innings in this league to be considerd a quality start. If Santos doesn't gift wrap the game to the Red Sox in the 9th I'm sure you wouldn't be shooting off '' smart guy ''

"No way he can stop the bleeding."  "I can see him being lit up."  "Can you say 0-4."  Now you say this?  You could say, "well, ok, I was wrong."  Everything else just translates to "I'm a jack@$$"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Doubront was terrific tonight. I guarantee the Sox would have gladly taken 5 IP and 2 ER tonight. (Probably would have only been 1 ER had Salty done a little better job blocking the plate, but I digress). Also, and I know I sound like a broken record here, Atchison was fantastic in relief.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]Atchison was great too. As was Ace.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doubront up next against the Jays - Yikes!! : Atchison was great too. As was Ace.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

It was just a good game all the way around, a trend that hopefully will continue!