DRAKE BRITTON

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: DRAKE BRITTON

Here is a link to the plagiarized WEEI material:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/11/red-sox-minor-league-roundup-an-efficient-drake-britton-allen-webster-in-line-with-lackeyaceves/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

Left-hander Drake Brittonshowed tremendous stuff after last year’s mid-season promotion to Portland, particularly in his final outings of the season, but there remained a fly in the ointment. He still struggled to achieve the pitch efficiency that will be necessary if he is to make a case for a long-term future as a starter. He was mindful of that element as a focal point for his development entering the year.

“It’s very important, especially very important for me,” said Britton earlier this year. “We’re all human. We’re all going to make mistakes. But it’s all about minimizing those mistakes and being efficient with your pitches. That’s going to take me longer into the outings. That’s something, working on my delivery all offseason and working on conditioning and staying in shape, all that put together, if I can just put together what I did starting last year, that’s going to put me in the best position to be more pitch efficient, take me to the sixth, seventh, hopefully eighth, maybe complete game.”

On Thursday, Britton had an outing unlike perhaps any other that he’s had in the minors. He sailed through six innings in just 66 pitches, throwing a gaudy 74 percent (49) for strikes while punching out four and, for the third time in his Double-A career, not giving up a walk. He gave up four hits (all singles) and elicited seven swings and misses while showing the ability to throw strikes with his complete mix.

Unquestionably, the 23-year-old is under somewhat heightened scrutiny this year, both because of the notoriety he gained due to an arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence in spring training and because, as a player on the 40-man roster for a second year, he must build on his 2012 campaign in Portland (3.72 ERA, 76 strikeouts, 38 walks in 84 2/3 innings) and show that he is nearing big league readiness if he wants to remain in the organization’s plans. Still, his talent remains considerable, and while his year started in regrettable fashion in Fort Myers, he still has an opportunity to leave a vastly different impression by season’s end. Outings such as his start of Wednesday underscore the point.

Here is a link to the plagiarized material:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/11/red-sox-minor-league-roundup-an-efficient-drake-britton-allen-webster-in-line-with-lackeyaceves/

You beat me to it Hill... Always site your source BPSL.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Left-hander Drake Brittonshowed tremendous stuff after last year’s mid-season promotion to Portland, particularly in his final outings of the season, but there remained a fly in the ointment. He still struggled to achieve the pitch efficiency that will be necessary if he is to make a case for a long-term future as a starter. He was mindful of that element as a focal point for his development entering the year.

“It’s very important, especially very important for me,” said Britton earlier this year. “We’re all human. We’re all going to make mistakes. But it’s all about minimizing those mistakes and being efficient with your pitches. That’s going to take me longer into the outings. That’s something, working on my delivery all offseason and working on conditioning and staying in shape, all that put together, if I can just put together what I did starting last year, that’s going to put me in the best position to be more pitch efficient, take me to the sixth, seventh, hopefully eighth, maybe complete game.”

On Thursday, Britton had an outing unlike perhaps any other that he’s had in the minors. He sailed through six innings in just 66 pitches, throwing a gaudy 74 percent (49) for strikes while punching out four and, for the third time in his Double-A career, not giving up a walk. He gave up four hits (all singles) and elicited seven swings and misses while showing the ability to throw strikes with his complete mix.

Unquestionably, the 23-year-old is under somewhat heightened scrutiny this year, both because of the notoriety he gained due to an arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence in spring training and because, as a player on the 40-man roster for a second year, he must build on his 2012 campaign in Portland (3.72 ERA, 76 strikeouts, 38 walks in 84 2/3 innings) and show that he is nearing big league readiness if he wants to remain in the organization’s plans. Still, his talent remains considerable, and while his year started in regrettable fashion in Fort Myers, he still has an opportunity to leave a vastly different impression by season’s end. Outings such as his start of Wednesday underscore the point.

my bad, is that y  it was deleted or censored? thought it was somehow for content.. good point. i often do! what do  u think of HIM/ will he make it to the bigs? could he b a stud or just another tazawa or miller type? he's still only 23 though.. a lefty throwing strikes could b around forever. how hard does he throw?

seems like we have a ton of these type of guys all over the org.. a very high rate of efficiency and production

Yeah BPSL, thats why it was removed. Gotta add a link.

Britton has some nasty stuff when hes on. Hes almost unhittable. Problem is consistency and control. Hopefully he can put it all together this year. I like Him. reminds me of a young Lester.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

After his spring training escapades, he needs to pitch well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

my bad, is that y  it was deleted or censored? thought it was somehow for content.. good point. i often do! what do  u think of HIM/ will he make it to the bigs? could he b a stud or just another tazawa or miller type? he's still only 23 though.. a lefty throwing strikes could b around forever. how hard does he throw?

seems like we have a ton of these type of guys all over the org.. a very high rate of efficiency and production

I think that there are way better prospects to be excited for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I think that there are way better prospects to be excited for.

For sure Drew, but the subject was Britton and were just giving our opinion of him.