It's to early to conclude one way or the other how each of the players will fare in 2013. It's not however to early to conclude that the team is much improved over last season. How much depends on the health and continued production that we're getting from the starting rotation. Lester & Buccholz are the key drivers...If both can give us 30 plus starts, 200 innings with a sub 4 ERA we'll win our share of games they start. Thereafter what we need is quailty innings from Dempster, Doubront and Lackey (Morales-Aceves-Young guns?). The formula is pretty simple. The closer we get to 900 to 1000 innings from 5 or 6 starters the better, because it allows Farrel to better manage the bullpens workload with the goal of 500 innings or so from the key guys in the pen...

Offensively, as comprised our line-up won't scare too many guys, but will make them work. We're likely to get an uptick once Papi returns and my guess is that as the season progresses if we continue to be in the mix, they'll add a stick come July's trade dealine...

For my money, the best news coming out of the clubhouse is no news. Given the overall balance of the AL East it's anyones division to be had...So I ask? Why not us?