Edwin Jackson agrees to sign with Nationals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Edwin Jackson agrees to sign with Nationals

http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/34668020

Nationals' rotation just got stronger.. Tougher NL East division now...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Edwin Jackson agrees to sign with Nationals

Thanks for the link Sean....yes between the Marlins moves and the Nationals moves, the NL East should be much tougher this year.....and Woe to all those poor Met fans out there.....big Money team in the biggest Market in the world and destined for last place.....very sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

John Lannan is the odd man out in the Nationals rotation and he lost in arbitration and will make 5million.

Could Ben get Lannon in a trade, looks like they were going to pay Roy 5 million.

Lannon could be upset with losing the arbitration hearing.

He would be nice #5 guy...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Edwin Jackson agrees to sign with Nationals:
    [QUOTE]John Lannan is the odd man out in the Nationals rotation and he lost in arbitration and will make 5million. Could Ben get Lannon in a trade, looks like they were going to pay Roy 5 million. Lannon could be upset with losing the arbitration hearing. He would be nice #5 guy...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I agree he could be nice #5 starter.  Only concern is his WHIP. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

Lannan wouldn't be able to cut it in the AL East, he's very much an NL pitcher (who gives up a lot of baserunners even in that league).

In the AL East, he'd have trouble going 6 innings at a time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Does Young Ben realize that Oswalt's price wet up ? Hope this guy knows what he is doing here. I for one am worried about this offseason and the starting pitching staff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

He may also know that his budget allowance has not gone up.

And Lanna cannot be worth $5 million a year if the Sox are only placing Osalt and Jackson's value at $5 million.  Pass on Lannan, and forget about Oswalt.  That's my guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Does Young Ben realize that Oswalt's price wet up ? Hope this guy knows what he is doing here. I for one am worried about this offseason and the starting pitching staff.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

READ MY WORDS. THERE IS A BUDGET AND AN UPPER LIMIT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Wow...the Nats have quietly put together one of the league's best rotations!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Suggest offer to take Lannan if Nationals pay $3.5 million of salary, Sox pay $ 1.5 mil. Prospect cost Lars Anderson, Mike Bowden plus a bag of balls only.

Good thing is Lannan has one option remaining so could be parked in AAA if didn't make the cut in rotation. Bad thing is we have enough surplus replacement - level only pitchers available for 3 AAA teams now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]Suggest offer to take Lannan if Nationals pay $3.5 million of salary, Sox pay $ 1.5 mil. Prospect cost Lars Anderson, Mike Bowden plus a bag of balls only. Good thing is Lannan has one option remaining so could be parked in AAA if didn't make the cut in rotation. Bad thing is we have enough surplus replacement - level only pitchers available for 3 AAA teams now.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

Why not just ask them to pay his salary while we take him off their hands.  I am sure they are not trying to pare down their payroll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

[QUOTE]Does Young Ben realize that Oswalt's price wet up ? Hope this guy knows what he is doing here. I for one am worried about this offseason and the starting pitching staff.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

This makes sense.  You lose a potential suitor, leaving three, two of which don't have a spot for you, and you think that that means you have more leverage?  I had never considered that.

As for Jackson and the Nationals, I think they will be a lot better this year.  Their lineup is deep, and if Jackson can find some consistency, Strasburg, Gonzalez, and Jackson are a pretty solid 1-2-3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

No wonder he didnt want to sign with the Red Sox cuz the nats are going to pay him 9 to 12 million dollars!!  Ridiculous contract!!  

The next possible move is to make a trade with the White Sox for Floyd!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Wow...the Nats have quietly put together one of the league's best rotations!
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

Davey Johnson feels Bryce Harper is ready for the bigs...freekish 5 tool player...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Suggest offer to take Lannan if Nationals pay $3.5 million of salary, Sox pay $ 1.5 mil. Prospect cost Lars Anderson, Mike Bowden plus a bag of balls only. Good thing is Lannan has one option remaining so could be parked in AAA if didn't make the cut in rotation. Bad thing is we have enough surplus replacement - level only pitchers available for 3 AAA teams now.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]
    A better option than John Lannan might be another lefthander under his team's control for two more years: Seattle's Jason Vargas.

Lannan has a 2012 salary of $5 million and Vargas a 2012 salary of $4.85 million even though Lannan has been valued at only 2.5 WAR in 328 innings over the past two seasons while Vargas has been valued at 5.0 WAR in 393.2 innings over the same period.

The Mariners have starting depth with Felix Hernandez, Blake Beavan, Hisashi Iwakuma, Hector Noesi, Kevin Millwood, Oliver Perez and Charlie Furbush with touted prospects Danny Hultzen, James Paxton, Taijuan Walker and Erasmo Ramirez standing by.

However, I'm not sure the Red Sox have the trade chips the Mariners would want.