ELLS is finally about to hit .300.. what does it mean?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

ELLS is finally about to hit .300.. what does it mean?

the reverse pivot has been on an epic streak. over .400 for the past 6 weeks or so. its like something just clicked. hitting to all fields, finally got the memo he's not a power hitter. a solid leadoffer, base stealer (33 and counting).. talking 18m or so for 7 years .. that will be the going rate. certainlly nothing less than 100m! if i'm the sox, i enjoy the ride but let him walk! just as good as he's been, can get back cold esp as he ages. i see 3 more years at best of elite play before the injuries and slowness start to set in! 5 years and 85m.. would b my MAX!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: ELLS is finally about to hit .300.. what does it mean?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

the reverse pivot has been on an epic streak. over .400 for the past 6 weeks or so. its like something just clicked. hitting to all fields, finally got the memo he's not a power hitter. a solid leadoffer, base stealer (33 and counting).. talking 18m or so for 7 years .. that will be the going rate. certainlly nothing less than 100m! if i'm the sox, i enjoy the ride but let him walk! just as good as he's been, can get back cold esp as he ages. i see 3 more years at best of elite play before the injuries and slowness start to set in! 5 years and 85m.. would b my MAX!

It means he is about to hit .300

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It means he averages roughly 3 hits every 10 at bats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You see 3 more years of elite play and  yet you want to pay him $85 mil , for 5 years?

I have seen just 1 year of "elite" play from this guy, and would rather take my chances of him having 3 in row in another city. I would offer him significantly less than the going rate , in hopes that he takes the hint and gets on the next bus to Los Angeles.

Jackie Bradley Jr. slide into his leadoff/ centerfield spot and may not steal as many bases, but also won't spend entire seasons on the DL.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

it means he fair 7 out of 10 time  what a bumb   

After the Mavericks finished off the sweep, Magic Johnson said that the Lakers "embarrassed the organization" and called the fouls on Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum "classless."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would think Ells performance this year has cost him anywhere from 40-50% of what his percieved value was before this year..

This is a market that saw Bourne get 4/$48...and saw the mistake that was BJ Upton at 5/$75. I could see Ells in that 5/$50 area...and would hope that the SOx would agree.

Could live with an OF of Xander/Ells/Victorino with JBJ getting 350 AB's platooning at all 3 positions and filling in for injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

It means Jacoby Ellsbury has entered the territory of centerfielder Michael Bourn, who landed a four-year, $48 million contract* last offseason at the same age Ellsbury will be in the upcoming offseason.

Bourn posted a WAR of 6.1 in 155 games and 703 plate appearances last season while Ellsbury has posted a WAR of 2.8 in 78 games and 372 plate appearances this season.

* with a team option for a fifth year at $12 million

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He will be the top OF FA this year and if his numbers keep going north he will get about 16-18M and 5-7 years from someone. Id be surprised if he didnt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He will be the top OF FA this year and if his numbers keep going north he will get about 16-18M and 5-7 years from someone. Id be surprised if he didnt.

+1.. some of these guys live on planet jabro! no way ells with his pedigree and still-blossoming upside get anything less than what a victorino gets .. bidding starts at 14m regardless of how his year ends.. with boras starting at 20m. between the 2 extremes, u will find a middle between 17-18.7m! the real issue will b years. if boras pushes beyond 5, u say see ya! someone out there will give him 7 as will be the case with the overrated cano! i would overdo it with $ not w/years! perhaps they could do an automatic 6th year for 20m if he stays healthy and plays x and x games. will only guarantee 5.. period!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

No chance we deal thru Boras to keep Ells at some inflated price. The guy lies thru both sides of his mouth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

No chance we deal thru Boras to keep Ells at some inflated price. The guy lies thru both sides of his mouth.

Specifically, what lies has Scott Boras told?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Ellsbury has a .300 average

aannndddd it's gone

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

[QUOTE]No chance we deal thru Boras to keep Ells at some inflated price. The guy lies thru both sides of his mouth.

[/QUOTE]

Well, to begin with, he told Jason Veritek that if Veritek went to FA he'd get ~$12M.

I just wish other players would see what happened there and realize that just because Boras says he can get big money doesn't mean it's so.

I also have the definite feeling that Boras is controlling the player's end of the negotiations while it should be the player.  At some point the players should realize that there's more to baseball than how much money they can make.  There's something to be said for playing where you want to play even if it costs you money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]No chance we deal thru Boras to keep Ells at some inflated price. The guy lies thru both sides of his mouth.

Well, to begin with, he told Jason Veritek that if Veritek went to FA he'd get ~$12M.

IDK S5 is that really a lie

or did he just misread the market

seems more like bad information than a lie

can one be wrong and not be a lier

I just wish other players would see what happened there and realize that just because Boras says he can get big money doesn't mean it's so.

I'm really feeling some boris hate my friend

I'm thinking boras would put his record up against anyone

(no ones perfect

I also have the definite feeling that Boras is controlling the player's end of the negotiations while it should be the player.

U might be right but

who's fault is that

At some point the players should realize that there's more to baseball than how much money they can make.  There's something to be said for playing where you want to play even if it costs you money.

weaver ,a boris guy, stayed because it really was HOME

how can anyone be sure whether they like a place or not

when  they have never  played / lived there

I mean be sure enough to give up millions

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

IDK S5 is that really a lie

or did he just misread the market

seems more like bad information than a lie

can one be wrong and not be a lier

I'm really feeling some boris hate my friend

I'm thinking boras would put his record up against anyone

(no ones perfect

I also have the definite feeling that Boras is controlling the player's end of the negotiations while it should be the player.

U might be right but

who's fault is that

At some point the players should realize that there's more to baseball than how much money they can make.  There's something to be said for playing where you want to play even if it costs you money.

weaver ,a boris guy, stayed because it really was HOME

how can anyone be sure whether they like a place or not

when  they have never  played / lived there

I mean be sure enough to give up millions

+1

I followed Jason Varitek's 2008-09 offseason closely and I never read that Scott Boras guaranteed a $12 million salary for Varitek.

No agent correctly gauges the market correctly 100 percent of the time ... but Boras gauges the market correctly frequently enough to attract the most impressive clientele. Just as a broker guesses wrong on some stocks, that broker can maintain clientele by guessing right frequently enough.

Contract negotiations are two-sided ... to borrow S5's words, at some point the owners should realize that there's more to baseball than how much money they can make.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Specifically, what lies has Scott Boras told?"

Awesome - a Scott Boras apologist. Never thought we would see such a person in the wild. I think scientists may need to study you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie, as to what it means, it means the Ellsbury can hit for average and not for power. 

Boras will try to turn him into Joe Dimaggio somehow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It takes 2 sides to reach an agreement. I don't see the Yankees or Dodgers in on Ells. I also don't see the O's or Cubs in on Ells. Ditto Giants. Tigers have  Jackson and Hunter. Angels have Bourjos and Trout. Braves have Upton. 

Rangers? Red Sox? Mets? 

Boras has Bourne last year and they really sweated out an offer. Not a lot of money out there these days to a 30 year old speed OF with limited slugging numbers. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I would not be hostile to paying good money for Ells IF we could work in some wording on PAs, games, etc. The previous missed playing time worries me in terms of paying big money and getting little for it.