ELLSBURY & ORTIZ, If I was starting a team...........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: ELLSBURY & ORTIZ, If I was starting a team...........

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Bozo,

What a pathetic hypocrite you are seeing you have spent the last 2 months bashing Ortiz.

And you SON, have a ZERO SENSE OF HUMOR !!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

We would have to build around David & Jacoby ...... 26mil for david and after 5 steals last night MR. BORA$$ is all $MILES !!!!  What say you, all you T-BALLERS !!!!

Nice to see you're finally coming around, Bill.

Ellsbury is probably playing his last season for the Sox, but I'm glad that Ortiz will be back for one more year.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

We would have to build around David & Jacoby ...... 26mil for david and after 5 steals last night MR. BORA$$ is all $MILES !!!!  What say you, all you T-BALLERS !!!!

Ellsbury is probably playing his last season for the Sox, but I'm glad that Ortiz will be back for one more year.

Don't kid yourself.  Bill isn't coming around.  Bill has no mind of his own.  The first time Softy again starts saying how Ells is a poor "value and fit" for the Sox Bill will once again be Softy's lap dog, fawning all over Softy and agreeing with Softy's upidsta positions like Ell's five steals didn't mean anything because he didn't score after any of them. 

It's Bill.  Get used to it and don't get your hopes up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Don't kid yourself.  Bill isn't coming around.  Bill has no mind of his own.  The first time Softy again starts saying how Ells is a poor "value and fit" for the Sox Bill will once again be Softy's lap dog, fawning all over Softy and agreeing with Softy's upidsta positions like Ell's five steals didn't mean anything because he didn't score after any of them. 

You must be the BDC "SHRINK"  ?????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Ortiz is a great fit in Boston, period.  Ellsbury will go to to some team that, like the LA Dodgers last summer, is determined to show their fans they are willing to spend a lot for marquee talent. 

Both are doing a lot of good for the Sox right now, not only in helping to win games, but in getting fans back to Fenway.  Ortiz will remain indispensable, but Bradley makes Ellsbury awfully expensive for the home team to want to keep him in Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I would build my team around neither...I like Jacoby..but he's not the type of player you build a team around. Ortiz is only going to be around another season...so it doesn't make sense to build a team around him either. Besides..the dedicated DH is a dying breed.  I think that once Ortiz is gone, the Sox will go in a different direction for DH.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I understand you must be trying to stir the pot Bill, but the team is currently being built around Pedroia, Middlebrooks, Lester & Buchholz. I would prefer to see Ellsbury be included in this but he will have to participate in that decision sometime before next season.

David Ortiz can not be a player to build around, solely because of his age and likely short remaining career. Maybe Mike Napoli will be the DH of the future, or somebody else who toils for another organization right now.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

amazing how you and your clone appear as soon as I post.  Catch you tomorrow.

Actually I was following miscricket .... don't forget the wheelbarrow for that ginormous cranium of yours. 

You can always tell when Jack has run out of clever things to say.

You get the "following me" routine. Then, he takes off.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Don't think the designated hitter of just the one guy doing it and nothing else, apart from occasional appearances in the field against NL teams, is necessarily not going to happen again with the retirement of Ortiz.  If a guy like Ortiz or Edgar Martinez comes along and can hit the way these guys do and did as DH, then there will be teams who gladly sacrifice an extra position player to keep the one-dimensional player in that role.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"

Thats a "BINGO!!!!!"

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ellsbury should be sold before he plans on leaving town. His prima donna part-time act deserves the late night flight and notice that he's been traded.

Ortiz had no 2 year market, so that was a mistake. Now that it's done, they need to geep Ortiz's season work load to 100 to 110 games so they can increase the chances he won't break down before the end of the 2014 season.

Lester and Pedroia should be extended now, and so should Middlebrooks. Perfect time to extend Middlebrooks, long term, beyond the arbitration years. \

Ellsbury is the loser face of what I call "The Billion Dollars Spent and Zero Playoff Wins Years". He was not one of the leaders of the 2007 AL East champion and title team.

I'd like to see Ortiz retire at the end of this season, and take a retirement contract amendment. I was his biggest appreciation supporter for a long time. But it's time to get off the stage and walk away gracefully on his own terms. He should not try and play another season, and should take a retirement contract amendment that pays him more over a lifetime services agreement.

Just wondering, what is a "sprained groin" worth on today$ market ?????