Ellsbury best leadoff hitter in the AL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Re: Ellsbury best leadoff hitter in the AL?

No, in fact it's his official nickname, per baseball reference. You have issues, Vica vermon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

The best leadoff hitter in the AL has  2011 OBP in the .340's with poor splits v. LHP. This thread isn't even amusing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

The reason Ellsbury has that stupid nickname is because he helped out an entire nation with his baserunning ability.

I don't think Bill Hall has a nickname, because he hasn't done anything of value in his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

His nickname is "Billy" and had one career year where he hit a lot of homers and signed a substantial multi-year contract. He wasn't given a squat roster spot like Lowell or Wakefield, though, because Fenway Park fans don't look like Bill Hall and don't identify with him. They loves Tim Wastefield, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

The Bill Hall BaseballReference page is looking for a sponsor. I dare you to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You are blind if you can't infer the tone of his posts. He pretends to be objective, but the numbers he uses and the way he phrases his posts is more than enough to figure out his actual opinion. Not as objective as he thinks he is.

When did I ever say he or anyone else was "objective"?

Someone wrote the Ellsbury had the best OBP of any leadoff hitter. OBP is not an opinion. OBP is a verifiable stat. I said, "this time" Hill was merely just correcting false numbers. I never said he didn't have other motives or a subjective slant at times: we all do.

If someone uses numbers to make a point, and the numbers are wrong. I don't see anything bad about trying to correct it. From what I know about Hill, he has" corrected numbers" that agree with his positions as well. He may not like certain players as much as others, but I think that is because they have not lived up to his standards or expectations. At least he is consistent with what numbers he uses and doesn't cherry-pick or move the goalposts constantly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury best leadoff hitter in the AL?:
    [QUOTE]You are blind if you can't infer the tone of his posts. He pretends to be objective, but the numbers he uses and the way he phrases his posts is more than enough to figure out his actual opinion. Not as objective as he thinks he is. When did I ever say he or anyone else was "objective"? Someone wrote the Ellsbury had the best OBP of any leadoff hitter. OBP is not an opinion. OBP is a verifiable stat. I said, "this time" Hill was merely just correcting false numbers. I never said he didn't have other motives or a subjective slant at times: we all do. If someone uses numbers to make a point, and the numbers are wrong. I don't see anything bad about trying to correct it. From what I know about Hill, he has" corrected numbers" that agree with his positions as well. He may not like certain players as much as others, but I think that is because they have not lived up to his standards or expectations. At least he is consistent with what numbers he uses and doesn't cherry-pick or move the goalposts constantly.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Agreed Moon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m