Ellsbury injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Ellsbury injury

Are we going to see this guy play again?  Or is this another out for the year injury.  I see Bradley for the Celtics dislocate his shoulder and he is playing the next game.  I haven't heard any reports of when or if Ells is coming back and if you haven't notice the Sox could use him in the outfield.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Ellsbury injury

He was off to a terrible start, just like in 2010. I expect his agent has advised him to take as much of the season off as possible, then try and put up numbers in his FA contract year, next year, which will be his last year in Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Not what I want to hear Hank

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury:
    [QUOTE]Not what I want to hear Hank
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

dont even bother reading softy's idiotic... negative posts.  you can't compare bradley's injury to Ellsbury's injury. Bradleys shoulder pops out and usually they just pop it back in and he continues to play....JE injury was much worse

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury : dont even bother reading softy's idiotic... negative posts.  you can't compare bradley's injury to Ellsbury's injury. Bradleys shoulder pops out and usually they just pop it back in and he continues to play....JE injury was much worse
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]
    It also needs to be noted that Ellsbury is close to returning( a couple more weeks) and AB has been horrible and has seen a drastic cut back in minutes since the injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I hope Ellsbury gets better soon.

So they can trade his @ss to Seattle or Houston!

This guy is pathetic. You can always tell when a player has Scott Boras as his agent. I wouldn't sign any of his clients to play on my team!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Just goes to show you some Boston Red Sox fans wouldn't know a great baseball players if they saw one. I will never forget Tony C talking about how some Boston started complaing about his eye injury three days after it happen. Some fans are just plain jerks.    

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I hope he comes back soon, when at 100%, then rakes the remainder of 12 and all of 13. Then I hope he goes to a team and a city where he is appreciated. Meanwhile BC will replace him in centerfield with the likes of Byrd. What a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

He should be back fairly soon, or at least ready to start a rehab assignment.  I imagine we would have heard by now if anything was torn that would have required season ending surgery, but won't know for certain until he starts his rehab assignment (see Kalish's 2011 season).  Looks like we dodged a bullet there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Re: Ellsbury injury": [QUOTE]I hope Ellsbury gets better soon. So they can trade his @ss to Seattle or Houston! This guy is pathetic. You can always tell when a player has Scott Boras as his agent. I wouldn't sign any of his clients to play on my team! Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE] I don't like Boras either, but he is only fighting for his clients. In 2010 we saw Pedroia demonstrate the downside of coming back too soon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

There are obviously different degrees of shoulder separations.  Bradley's shoulder pops out all the time and the training staff puts it back in.  Ells injury came from a 225 pounf falling on it with all his weight while he was in an awkward vulnerable position.

It's like the difference between a guy that pulled a muscle in his back and a guy that broke his back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I wouldn't want to trade Ellsbury, he is our best outfielder by far.  I know Boros is his agent but if he gets back at 100% our team is much better defensively and offensively an actual lead off hitter with great speed.  Our outfield will then have some depth and flexability with Ells, Ross, Sweeney, Byrd.  I think we could say good bye to Dmac even though Byrd isn't a huge upgrade.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The "hype" is bigger than the player.

Has no throwing arm. Take away his speed and he is a below average fielder. Strikes out too much for a leadoff hitter. The shoulder thing is the latest in a string of injuries that make him expendable.

I don't see this team going anywhere without a pitching upgrade. This guy has some trade value becuase of his age and the good season he had last year. Get something for him now before he is like Youkilis, worthless as far as trade value goes. We have Byrd, and although he is not a long term solution, he and Sweeney could rotate and give the Sox better defense, and good offense, maybe we sacrifice a little speed and power....but Boston never plays a running game anyway, and we have enough power in the lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]The "hype" is bigger than the player. Has no throwing arm. Take away his speed and he is a below average fielder. Strikes out too much for a leadoff hitter. The shoulder thing is the latest in a string of injuries that make him expendable. I don't see this team going anywhere without a pitching upgrade. This guy has some trade value becuase of his age and the good season he had last year. Get something for him now before he is like Youkilis, worthless as far as trade value goes. We have Byrd, and although he is not a long term solution, he and Sweeney could rotate and give the Sox better defense, and good offense, maybe we sacrifice a little speed and power....but Boston never plays a running game anyway, and we have enough power in the lineup.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

......what....the.....hell are you talking about?? take away any OF'ers speed and their a below average fielder..

ells has had 2 major injuries in his MLB career and other than that has been extremely durable..

byrd & sweeney will not give you better defense than ellsbury... he did win a gold Glove after all..

plus he gives you a force on the base paths and an unreal leadoff guy.. don't trade him, PAY HIM!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The guy was the league's MVP among position players last year.  That's good isn't it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Ells injury was 4 weeks ago today. he has started to put weight on his shoulder, expects to start rehab soon but no timetable.  6-8 weeks, seems it will be closer to 8. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]The guy was the league's MVP among position players last year.  That's good isn't it?
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    no thats dreadful... the exact OPPOSITE of what you look for in a player

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury : ......what....the.....hell are you talking about?? take away any OF'ers speed and their a below average fielder.. ells has had 2 major injuries in his MLB career and other than that has been extremely durable.. byrd & sweeney will not give you better defense than ellsbury... he did win a gold Glove after all.. plus he gives you a force on the base paths and an unreal leadoff guy.. don't trade him, PAY HIM!
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Yeah! What HE said! 

"Take away his speed and he's a below average fielder"?  Give your head a good, hard shake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ellsbury injury : Yeah! What HE said!  "Take away his speed and he's a below average fielder"?  Give your head a good, hard shake.
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]
    thats like saying "take away big papis eyes and hes a below average hitter" speed is 90% of an OF'ers defense.. you can't make a play on a ball you can't get to... the same as a batter can't hit what he cant see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]The "hype" is bigger than the player. Has no throwing arm. Take away his speed and he is a below average fielder. Strikes out too much for a leadoff hitter. The shoulder thing is the latest in a string of injuries that make him expendable. I don't see this team going anywhere without a pitching upgrade. This guy has some trade value becuase of his age and the good season he had last year. Get something for him now before he is like Youkilis, worthless as far as trade value goes. We have Byrd, and although he is not a long term solution, he and Sweeney could rotate and give the Sox better defense, and good offense, maybe we sacrifice a little speed and power....but Boston never plays a running game anyway, and we have enough power in the lineup.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    Zilla are you kidding me. " Take away his speed"  Are you really that stupid.  His speed is why he is a great player.  Add the power he showed last season and you have a MVP candidate.  I may have to block you after this post but I like entertainment.  WOW!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Zillagod has painted himself into the soft law corner. Mindless.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Production isn't measured over one season. Ellsbury is the biggest prima donna in Red Sox history. His cheerleaders have painted themselves into the Ted Williams corner. Ellsbury has been a big loser for the Red Sox, when he's not on the shelf. Beckett has been a winner, which is more than can be said for Ellsbury. Overrated and seeking his FA Crawbust contract, which won't be paid in Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Apache and Sioux warriors laugh at his Navajo wuss butt.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Ellsbury, Pedroia, Middlebrooks, and Lavarnaway.  That is the core of your team for the next 5 years.

Ellsbury is the best of the 4.

He'll be back when his shoulder heals - there isn't anything else he can do.  If you have an injury, it is easy to type on a computer while drinking a Stroh's Light - but baseball players actually need a separated shoulder to heal.

Of course if we took away Ellsbury's speed and his hand-eye coordination he would really stink.

Likewise, if you took away Charlize Theron's perfect body and gorgeous face - she would be ugly.