1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Ellsbury needed a rest?? Why?

Please tell me that Farrell didn't schedule this day of rest for Ellsbury back in February ! They had 4 days of rest for the allstar break and Ells had played 4 games and needed another day off??  Remnants of Francona's policy of resting players that didn't need a rest, especially players that are performing well. Unless Ells is hurt, the rest was an unnecessary risk for Farrell, or in my opinion, overmanaging.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Ellsbury needed a rest?? Why?

Why? None of your business.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Obviously, Farrell is a believer in this. What was surprising was resting him against the righty instead of Moore or Price. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

Please tell me that Farrell didn't schedule this day of rest for Ellsbury back in February ! They had 4 days of rest for the allstar break and Ells had played 4 games and needed another day off??  Remnants of Francona's policy of resting players that didn't need a rest, especially players that are performing well. Unless Ells is hurt, the rest was an unnecessary risk for Farrell, or in my opinion, overmanaging.

What record do you think your buddy Bobby V would have? I would bet the would be hoovering around 500.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

We needed this thread?? Why? Remnants of softlaw's policy on posting about non issues. This thread is an unnecessary risk, or overposting in my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Obviously, Farrell is a believer in this. What was surprising was resting him against the righty instead of Moore or Price. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

The Rays broadcasters were shocked by it and try as they might, they couldn't explain it. I thought he was hurt again, but I see he's in tonight's lineup. I had a nightmare last night that Sit & Spit was back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

What record do you think your buddy Bobby V would have? I would bet the would be hoovering around 500.

[/QUOTE]
    Funny you mention that. There was an article in one of the Boston papers about that subject. The writer did a poll on that subject. It was surprising how baseball people thought their record would not be much different than it is now under Farrell. I think they would have a better record under Bobby V because he wouldn't have used the same strategy with Bailey that Farrell used. Bobby V has always had a big mouth, but he's forgotten more about baseball strategy than Farrell and Francona ever knew!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Funny you mention that. There was an article in one of the Boston papers about that subject. The writer did a poll on that subject. It was surprising how baseball people thought their record would not be much different than it is now under Farrell. I think they would have a better record under Bobby V because he wouldn't have used the same strategy with Bailey that Farrell used. Bobby V has always had a big mouth, but he's forgotten more about baseball strategy than Farrell and Francona ever knew!

[/QUOTE]

Actually I believe people figured they would be about 7 games worse. You really think the Grater could have as positive clubhouse(which helps prevent the team from quitting)? I think you should really reconsider the better record part if you really want people to respect your opinion. One he had more talent last year before the trade and was fighting for 500, and two he is considered a very poor manager by most in baseball and will probably never manage again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

People realize Ellabury has a sore wrist, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

We needed this thread?? Why? Remnants of softlaw's policy on posting about non issues. This thread is an unnecessary risk, or overposting in my opinion.

It's needed because to many fans are willing to excuse poor managing if the TEAM wins in spite of it. I am not willing to accept those kind of decisions, even if they win the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's needed because to many fans are willing to excuse poor managing if the TEAM wins in spite of it. I am not willing to accept those kind of decisions, even if they win the game.

Will you at least agree JF is the AL manager of the year at this point?