Ellsbury pulling back ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncsoxfan4life. Show ncsoxfan4life's posts

Ellsbury pulling back ?

Watching Ellsbury in the oufield last night on Hafner single & Nunez ground rule double in the past he catches those ball ! Contract year, pulling back ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Ellsbury pulling back ?

In response to ncsoxfan4life's comment:

Watching Ellsbury in the oufield last night on Hafner single & Nunez ground rule double in the past he catches those ball ! Contract year, pulling back ?

I don't think he's pulling back....I simply think that his bad jumps on balls in the past was VERY masked by his great speed.  I never thought he was a great defender....solid Yes....but not GG worthy.  I think it's pretty evident that he has lost a step or two and what you're seeing is the result of it.  I really think the best place for him is Left and Center for JBJ.  JBJ gets AMAZING jumps on the ball and always seems to be at the right place at the right time...plus he has a great arm.  Ells can still field well but his arm is better suited for LF right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Agree totally with Kingface.  JBJ is more athletic, has better instincts, gets good jump on the ball - better utilized in CF.  Ells will be more than adequate in LF.  Should improve overall outfield defense meaningfully.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

"great speed"  ???? Rickey Henderson had great speed. elles is a wannabe.

Hey Taco......did you know that Soft Guy "loves Bill to death"?....

You may be next.

oh yeah?  "Wannabe"???  Really??  How old are you??

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It's hard to say. Just because he didn't quite get to a ball, it doesn't mean he got a bad jump or that he's pulling back. Some balls are going to be just out of anyone's reach. And anyone watching on TV doesn't know if he got a bad jump because usually you don't see the jump an outfielder gets on a ball. The camera is following the ball, not the fielder.

With the injuries he's had, I don't have a problem with him being a bit more careful. Look at Ken Griffey Jr. He got hurt a number of times by playing reckless defense. Did he really help his teams by playing like that but missing all the time?