Ellsbury's defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Ellsbury's defense

The all star played avergae defense lately. Today two drops around him cost the team two runs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Ellsbury's defense

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury's defense:
    [QUOTE]ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

We don't need one. We have 2 of our best RH'd relievers who get lefties out more than righties and another one that gets both out almost equally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

lovetruth - while I admire your love for paul pierce I have to express my distaste for you always starting threads in relation to a in game play.  Ellsbury's speed makes up a lot, and his jumps aren't as bad as naysayers say.  his UZR/150 looks good, he has top 5 range factors and has only made 2 errors his entire career. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Who else is a Celtics fan and a Red Sox hater. Hint - he is from Gloucester.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I used to live in New Gloucester and love the Sox, but hate the Celts: does that count?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ellsbury has always been a fielding deer in headlights. Bad baserunner and fielder. The speed fools most fans who don't understand baseball skillsets. Despite the speed, he plays one of the deepest CF's in MLB. Likes the big high hop. Pulls up early from even padded walls, refusing to jump towards the wall to attempt the harder plays.

The reason he has 2 career errors is because he never takes any chances and his speed always makes it look like his poor routes were simply tough chances.

He is better, this year, but will never be a good defensive CF'er.

Once he moves to a lineup without a Pedroia, Agon, Youk and Ortiz, his plate numbers will decline.

This is his career best season, and the circumstances that produced it are more than meets the eye. He benefited from a near full year away from the everyday grind, and AGon completely changed the dynamics of pitch location and type that he sees.

Regardless, Theo bought long on Crawford, so the only question is whether Ellsbury leaves before the 2.3 arby control term ends, or after. Clearly, with the lack of anything to fill the long term RH Of slugging spot, he should go long before FA, not after.

Red Sox should make a serious effort to go after Kemp, which is pretty obvious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Great. Another awesome thread from lovetruth. lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Willie Mays in his prime had bad days too. Fickle stuff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Ellsbry has a lot in common with Willie Mays. Two similar talents.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Ellsbury's defense:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbry has a lot in common with Willie Mays. Two similar talents.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

so i guess Ells, by your standards, will be a HOF'r...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaz82. Show Yaz82's posts

I read some of these posts everday without posting but this moron takes the cake! I notice he rips Elllsbury every chance he gets, then compares him to MAYS ! Possibly the greatest CF so far .(According to his Peers) I often wonder why there is no life guard in the gene pool!In Response to Re: Ellsbury's defense:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbry has a lot in common with Willie Mays. Two similar talents.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]