EMERGENCY MEETING AT FENWAY PARRRRRK TODAY..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

EMERGENCY MEETING AT FENWAY PARRRRRK TODAY..............

WITH THEO, TITO, AND  BILL-806 !!!!   AGENDA:   WAKEFIELD, SMALL BALL, MADAGAN........  FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, & SUGGESTIONS !!!!!    WHAT SAY YOU ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Re: EMERGENCY MEETING AT FENWAY PARRRRRK TODAY..............

In Response to EMERGENCY MEETING AT FENWAY PARRRRRK TODAY..............:
    [QUOTE]    WITH THEO, TITO, AND  BILL-806 !!!!   AGENDA:   WAKEFIELD, SMALL BALL, MADAGAN........  FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, & SUGGESTIONS !!!!!    WHAT SAY YOU ?????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Ive said many times I always support our players and the management! Unfortunately this team somehow needs a shakeup! I obviously do not have the baseball intelligence (like so many others here) to say what it could be. Maybe something as simple as putting Drew (im not picking on Drew here) on the disabled list for vertigo and bringing someone up from the minors for a few weeks, that seemed to bring life to the club last year when folks came up and played lights out. There are a few guys that are hot right now, Maybe Reddick playing right field for a few weeks with a hot bat brings some life to the team. I sure wish someone had an intelligent answer! Frown

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'd like to see how Buck does today before I push the panic button.

If they lose today then, hopefully the players will have a players meeting but more importantly Senior Management has to make some hard decisions - as they simply can not continue down this path.

I'll give you my answer at 6pm tonight......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THERE LOOKS TO BE NO SPRING IN THE OFFENSE......  3 UP, 3 DOWN.....GROUND BALL TO SHORT, TO 2ND, TO 1ST !!!!    MOVE THE RUNNERS AROUND, PLEASE !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

No easy answers here fellas!!!!

If it's not the pitching, it's the hitting.....  If it's not the hitting it's the base running.....  If it's not the base running, it's the bull-pen.  If it's not the bull-pen, it's the questionable line up.  If it's not the line up, it's the pitching & the hitting.  If it's not the pitching or hitting, it's the questionable game-time coaching.  If it's not the game-time coaching, it's the ........................

Bottom line.............  The problems are more consistent than ANYTHING.....

I'm not saying this to knock our guys!!!!!!  I'm just absolutely NOT SURE where the blame lies????????

Even our favorite guys!!!  Our mainstay players just can't seem to put it all together?????  One or two start breaking out, then 3 or 4 go into a tailspin????
    Maybe it's as simple as too many guys coming back from bad injuries, mixed with too many new guys????  Perhaps they just don't have the chemistry yet?????
    It's certainly hard to put your finger on the main problem, as the problem keeps shifting..............  I doosn't seem to be a lack of effort!  Too many guys pressing, trying to put this team on their back???

Since we CAN'T significantly change the personnel........  Nor, would I really want to get rid of any particular player.......  The sad reality is...........................
    If the guys don't get it together SOON, we all know what the answer will be!!!!

It sure would be sad!  Perhaps that is what needs (?) to happen, but I'm NOT convinced that's the answer either?????

Just being real here.  NOBODY!!!!  NO TRUE Red Sox fan would EVER think about jumping ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We're simply trying to put our collective finger on the problem / problems?????

Again!  NO EASY ANSWERS HERE!!!!  I SURE AS HELL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

In Response to Re: EMERGENCY MEETING AT FENWAY PARRRRRK TODAY..............:
    [QUOTE]No easy answers here fellas!!!! If it's not the pitching, it's the hitting.....  If it's not the hitting it's the base running.....  If it's not the base running, it's the bull-pen.  If it's not the bull-pen, it's the questionable line up.  If it's not the line up, it's the pitching & the hitting.  If it's not the pitching or hitting, it's the questionable game-time coaching.  If it's not the game-time coaching, it's the ........................ Bottom line.............  The problems are more consistent than ANYTHING..... I'm not saying this to knock our guys!!!!!!  I'm just absolutely NOT SURE where the blame lies???????? Even our favorite guys!!!  Our mainstay players just can't seem to put it all together?????  One or two start breaking out, then 3 or 4 go into a tailspin???? Maybe it's as simple as too many guys coming back from bad injuries, mixed with too many new guys????  Perhaps they just don't have the chemistry yet????? It's certainly hard to put your finger on the main problem, as the problem keeps shifting..............  I doosn't seem to be a lack of effort!  Too many guys pressing, trying to put this team on their back??? Since we CAN'T significantly change the personnel........  Nor, would I really want to get rid of any particular player.......  The sad reality is........................... If the guys don't get it together SOON, we all know what the answer will be!!!! It sure would be sad!  Perhaps that is what needs (?) to happen, but I'm NOT convinced that's the answer either????? Just being real here.  NOBODY!!!!  NO TRUE Red Sox fan would EVER think about jumping ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We're simply trying to put our collective finger on the problem / problems????? Again!  NO EASY ANSWERS HERE!!!!  I SURE AS HELL CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!!!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

GREAT POST Dirtdog!!!! This team is simply finding too many ways to not win games on a consistant basis and it is totally baffling. I think that you hit upon all points and summed it up perfectly.

The question is how does a team address all of the apparent deficiencies at once and move on to playing inspiring and winning baseball?

Maybe this team needs a resident psychologist/psychiatrist more than a field manager. I know that many are starting to focus on removing Francona because, quite frankly, you can't terminate the entire team but who would we bring in that would get more out of this underperforming team.

I can't remember a Red Sox season with so many question marks and plot twists although I sure have lived through some rather disappointing ones. All the pieces appeared to be in place, what's happening????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Finding ways to lose?  Does that mean making consistent physical and mental errors, mis-managing the bull pen, not running the bases properly, and not having a clue how to protect the plate with 2 strikes?  If so then yeah, they are certainly "finding" ways to lose.  :)

Good Bye Billy Mueller, Kevin Millar,  Mikey Timlin, and Alan Embree - Hello Carl, Adrian, Dan, and Bobby!  Theo wanted to get rid of the dirtdogs and he's certainly succeeded.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

We are about 20 games away from finishing the first third of the season, so there is time to right the ship. 

They need to put together a winning streak - reel of about six in a row to neutralize the first road trip (which ended 0-6).  As last year, Lackey and Dice-K need to step up and maintain a high level.  Buch just needs to be consistent.

Still too early to panic.  Pedroia and Youk are hitting in the .230s.  When two of your key producers are slumping like that, it is easier to lose - or should I say, more difficult to win?

Maybe Youk and Pedey should take a day off.  Slip Lowrie into 3B, start Scut at SS, and Pedey at 2b one day, then put Lowrie at 2B for another day with Youk at 3B and Scut at SS.  There is no way to give them both the same day off, unless DMac can play the infield, which would cause me to shield my eyes, I think.

One of those times when I miss having Bill Hall on the team.  I get the sneaky suspicion that there may be more of those times coming up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

This team lacks emotion, the best case of emotion was Pedroias AB against Weaver this week.  Very little clutch hitting and a lack of consistency with the rotation.  Thank god for Beckett and Lester, this team would be 10 times worse.

Shake the lineup a little.  Move Youk to five, let Papi take a shot at the cleanup spot for a bit.  Another Idea is to have Lowrie up in the 2 hole and push Pedroia to the 3.  Maybe it will mean more guys onbase for Gonzales.

Make an early call up, Reddick or Lineras and put Mcdonald on waivers.  Take a shot at trading Scutaro for a RP and call up Navaroo to be the utility guy.

Any of these could help, I dont think there is one main cure, its just a matter of clicking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Cameron last inning..... Bases loaded........

2 strikes on him????  What does he do????  Swings for the Downs!!!!  CTS!

Unfortunately, other than that 13 pitch at bat by Pedey last week, we have everybody doing the same thing!!!!!!

Sorry!  BUT I just have to question the hitting coaches?????  I just don't get it either!  This is antithetical to our hitting philosophy...... Patience at the plate!  Protect the plate when behind in the count!  Work the pitch count!  What the hell is going on?????  The crazy thing......... Even many of my favorite players are doing the same thing???? It's like a virus has struck the team hitting membrane????

One thing....  I'm sure glad I didn't write that thesis kicking around my head about every player needing to emulate Pedey's 13 pitch at bat!!!  Shortening the swing & hangin in...... Pedey's been one of the biggest offenders lately???
    This season has been like Seinfeld's "BIZARRO WORLD!"  The myriad of problems is absolutely mind boggling!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

TRUST ME!!!! I'm not saying this stuff to "dog on" our guys!!!!!

It's literally perplexing to me!!!!! 

MY FAVORITE guys are the worst offenders right now!  It's NOT for lack of effort.  To the contrary...... I think they're pressing too hard.  It's in their heads!  I DON'T GET IT??????????  WTH is going on?????????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

With a francona managed team it will NOT HAPPEN.

[QUOTE]        THERE LOOKS TO BE NO SPRING IN THE OFFENSE......  3 UP, 3 DOWN.....GROUND BALL TO SHORT, TO 2ND, TO 1ST !!!!    MOVE THE RUNNERS AROUND, PLEASE !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Most teams are only as good as their next starting pitcher.  Clubhouse meetings and advice from the peanut gallery can't fix that. 

I think the starting pitching will come around, but, if it doesn't, this season is over.  But the bullpen is still suspect. 

Wakefield started last night because Francona had to use Matsuzaka Wed morning at 2 am and because, before the game, Wake had a lower ERA than Buchholz, Matsuzaka, and of course Lackey. 

Small ball ain't the answer when Youkilis consistently comes to bat with a man on third and one or no outs and strikes out.  Pedroia is struggling worse than Youk, and Crawford may or may not be coming back.  Drew continues to have minimal impact on the game with his hitting, plus his OPS is well below his career average. 

Today's (Sat, May 7) lineup has three guys (Salty, CC, and Cameron) under .200 and 1 guy (Scutaro) at .222--plus Youk and Pedroia in slumps.  That leaves Ellsbury, Gonzalez, and Lowrie to actually hit the ball.  Ellsbury led off with a double and stole third and almost didn't get home.  Fortunately, Pedroia got dead lucky when Duensing walked him, or Youk would have been the third out in the 1st inning. 

Lowrie is hitting, but he sure ain't fielding--2 errors last night and another today--which presents Francona with a Hobson's choice. 

So, please tell me how a team meeting or small ball is going to fix all of the above. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stengel. Show Stengel's posts

It won't. Sounds like putting Humpty Dumpty back together again. I suggest that you wait until next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]It won't. Sounds like putting Humpty Dumpty back together again. I suggest that you wait until next year.
    Posted by Stengel[/QUOTE]

F off!  Just kiddin:)  Well......... Now that I think about it????  F off!

WE WILL MAKE A RUN!!!!  I don't know how right now, but WE WILL!!!!!  :)  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WAKEFIELD & DICE-MAN ARE STILL THERE.......  NEW ALL WORLD SHORTSTOP COMES IN TODAY.. CHANGE IS GOOD......  SPARK !!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The problem seems to be consistancy IMO. they can hit anyone and theyve proved that. 12 more last night. They can play defense. one of the best filding % right now. Pitching can and has dominated. So whats left? BEING CONSISTANT WITH IT. There is nothing wrong with this team offensively and defensively. The do both very well.....when they do it. This team needs to be more consistant IMVHO.