Enough with goat horns...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Enough with the goat horns...

Middlebrooks sux, Salty sux, Drew can't hit, Bogie can't play ss, JF cant manage, Clay is weak....I want to win this as bad as anyone but the nation has got to get its s#it together....every game is going to have pivotal moments in which things could go either way. I'm all for criticizing players/moves that deserve it but FOCUS people...

we need to win just one game to bring it back to Boston....baby steps... and remember -

THERE's NO CRYING IN BASEBALL

GO SOX!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Enough with goat horns...

Normally, I would applaud such an upbeat post, but not this time.  What happened last night is very much worth discussing.  Besides, our positive or negative attitudes will have absolutely no effect on the next game.  Here is the place to vent.

One positive note is Salty is unlikely to start another game this season.  He looks dumb because he is dumb in game situations. 

And it sure looks as though Middlebrooks is not likely to get into another game except to pinch hit or replace someone hurt.  Right now he can't hit, and his so-so fielding does not make up for his lack of hitting.  For the duration it will be Bogaerts at 3B and Drew at SS.

Clay is a problem, but he will start tonight with two starters in the bullpen to back him up.  Doubront only threw 25 pitches last night and should be available tonight. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Normally, I would applaud such an upbeat post, but not this time.  What happened last night is very much worth discussing.  Besides, our positive or negative attitudes will have absolutely no effect on the next game.  Here is the place to vent.

One positive note is Salty is unlikely to start another game this season.  He looks dumb because he is dumb in game situations. 

And it sure looks as though Middlebrooks is not likely to get into another game except to pinch hit or replace someone hurt.  Right now he can't hit, and his so-so fielding does not make up for his lack of hitting.  For the duration it will be Bogaerts at 3B and Drew at SS.

Clay is a problem, but he will start tonight with two starters in the bullpen to back him up.  Doubront only threw 25 pitches last night and should be available tonight. 

[/QUOTE]

move on...thats all....Salty, Drew, Middlebrooks could all be heroes this game....this has been a team effort thus far this year....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

georom, I entirely agree it has been a team effort all along.  Best example was/is the huge frustration of Victorino right up until that grandslam in game 6 of the ALCS.  Baseball is like that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I'm not happy with Drew at the plate, Middlebrooks looks lost and a shell of the player he was last year, and Salty couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat, Clay is fragile....we know our shotcomings but this team has resiliance like i have never seen...case in point with all the uproar about the obstrcution call, Peavy dealing like fighter when he needed to....that kind of grit defines the team, not mistakes....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

If Salty looks dumb in game situations, what does that say about the manager who chooses to leave him there in those situations?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Middlebrooks sux, Salty sux, Drew can't hit, Bogie can't play ss, JF cant manage, Clay is weak....I want to win this as bad as anyone but the nation has got to get its s#it together....every game is going to have pivotal moments in which things could go either way. I'm all for criticizing players/moves that deserve it but FOCUS people...

we need to win just one game to bring it back to Boston....baby steps... and remember -

THERE's NO CRYING IN BASEBALL

GO SOX!

[/QUOTE]As the "BIG O" would say .........  "We need to get it right, no one is responsible for the last two games" !!!!!