Everybody Hates Raymond

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Everybody Hates Raymond

Truly, the Tampa Bay Raymonds are the most anoying team in sports. From their indoor dumpster of a stadium, to their no-show fans and dumb cowbells. Throw in their goofy genius manager who out-dumbed everyone by actually batting Carlos Pena, leadoff. What's to like about their show-off closer who mimes arching arrows into the sky after a save? They cast off their best players with nary a care or a thankyou and still compete in the fierce AL east. I can't STAND this team. Go to H-E double hockey sticks Ray.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Everybody Hates Raymond

In response to youkillus' comment:

Truly, the Tampa Bay Raymonds are the most anoying team in sports. From their indoor dumpster of a stadium, to their no-show fans and dumb cowbells. Throw in their goofy genius manager who out-dumbed everyone by actually batting Carlos Pena, leadoff. What's to like about their show-off closer who mimes arching arrows into the sky after a save? They cast off their best players with nary a care or a thankyou and still compete in the fierce AL east. I can't STAND this team. Go to H-E double hockey sticks Ray.

Just goes to show how the AL East is again the tougher division to be in. The Red Sox have had that kind of competition the whole year and have thrived. There's that (old?) saying, if you want to get better, play a better opponent- I think there's some truth in that. In any case, I'm not surprised. 

Go Sox!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

emp9,  I hope you're right, having to play the Rays and the O's for almost 1/4 of your games has allowed the Sox to have some rather tense games. The Yankees games and the Jays are almost always very competitive. So both the Rays and Sox are "hardened" no doubt.

All phases of the Game, as BB and JF frequenly say: Starting Pitching, The Pen, Defense and Timely Hitting will be the keys, as usual, to a successful outcome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If the Rays beat us in this series I will throw myself out a window. Hope that doesn't get posters more on board with the Rays. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I hate, I hate, I hate peter pan..........er, um, I mean the devilrays. Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Could not have said it better, excellent post. Meanwhile, we get one drooling post after another on this site honoring their plucky greatness. My response is always the same: show me the World Series Championship hardware.  See 2011, when, after we let them in and they took credit for a "miracle comeback", they got throttled immediately by Texas. Or 2010 when the media was singing their praises for winning the ALE and they got the same as soon as they stepped foot in the playoffs. This year they would not even be in the playoffs if not for that horrific call against Daniel Nava that got them one extra win. I want you to absorb the full horror of the possibility that they could play and eliminate us out of the playoffs because of that call.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

throw in the fact that they made they dramatically made the post season with a small payroll, makes people really hate them.

That's not really it.  Nobody hates the A's.  The Rays are different.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

throw in the fact that they made they dramatically made the post season with a small payroll, makes people really hate them.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's got nothing to do with the payroll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I am clearly in the minority here. I do not hate the Rays. It would be very easy for this bunch of castoffs and young stars to just throw in the towel, but they don't. They go out and bust their butts even though they play in front of few fans every night in an arena that is a joke. I am not rooting for them, but I don't hate them at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I am clearly in the minority here. I do not hate the Rays. It would be very easy for this bunch of castoffs and young stars to just throw in the towel, but they don't. They go out and bust their butts even though they play in front of few fans every night in an arena that is a joke. I am not rooting for them, but I don't hate them at all.

The way I read the OP, it's not the players he hates either (except Rodney).

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

If the Rays beat us in this series I will throw myself out a window. Hope that doesn't get posters more on board with the Rays. :)

i hope you're planning to move into a beach house before the end of that series Tongue OutWink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Time to humble the players and managers of the Rays. 

Well I be a SOB, I agree with Softy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

i hope you're planning to move into a beach house before the end of that series Tongue OutWink

[/QUOTE]

She lives in a basement. Tongue Out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to NLU75's comment:

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time to humble the players and managers of the Rays. 

Well I be a SOB, I agree with Softy

[/QUOTE]

Me too, and this is twice in the past week.  I'm beginning to question my own judgement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Don't go through the gass , plese leave window open

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree with the majority of posters.  I really dislike Tampa Bay and don't have the same dislike for other small market teams.  I was really hoping that they would lose to Texas this week so they had no chance of getting into the playoffs.  I was very disappointed by the outcome of the wild card games this week. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneMoreMinute. Show OneMoreMinute's posts

just make sure you are on the first floor or better yet in the basement.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneMoreMinute. Show OneMoreMinute's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree with the majority of posters.  I really dislike Tampa Bay and don't have the same dislike for other small market teams.  I was really hoping that they would lose to Texas this week so they had no chance of getting into the playoffs.  I was very disappointed by the outcome of the wild card games this week. 

[/QUOTE]

Did anyone really want to hear a week of tito stories?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

It's Maddon and his having a smart _ _ _ answer for every question. I think that's where this dislike starts.

He has the best pitching, probably the best pitching coach currently in baseball, and is a Sports Pschologist without a degree in it and he knows how to manipulate kids and make them believe they can beat anyone and come back from any deficit.

The front office is also pretty amazing: The Gambler--Kenny Rogers---knows when to trade--who to let walk and who to bring in. 

Zobrist, Longoria, Myers, Ecsobar, Jennings, Loney, Molina, Lobaton,Rodriguez, Johnson, Joyce, Fuld, and smoke and mirrors. Delmon Young and DeJesus get picked up and produce when called on. Many, many roll players and only a couple of stars.

They are becoming the team you love to hate. Plus I think about the lack of fans---the fans don't deserve to have a successful team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

The way I read the OP, it's not the players he hates either (except Rodney).

Specifically, I think the ownership team, the fans, and the stadium are despicable. There is nothing other than that to hate about the Rays. Maddon is an EXCELLENT manager, and Andrew Friedman is an EXCELLENT GM. Despite getting shat on by the owners and fans the players on that team to not mail it in. I find that very admirable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

I'm glad that everything is not puppies and kittens with the Raymonds. Really disliking them makes me that much happier when we win. It's like hating Thurman Munson, just for being mentioned in the same class as Fisk. Those old Yanks were the "bad guys", Rivers, Nettles, and Jackson, OY! Not like Jeter and Mo at all. Luke Scott? Can't stand him or his wolverine chops. I'll be cheering for the Sox, Apple Pie and Mom.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I couldnt care less what theyre payroll is and I get so sick of hearing that brought up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I couldnt care less what theyre payroll is and I get so sick of hearing that brought up.

Very true, but what about their payroll ?  How do you feel about the payroll?