Excellent Peter Abraham piece: Who is Bobby Valentine?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Excellent Peter Abraham piece: Who is Bobby Valentine?

Spot on. If that doensn't convince the nay-sayers, nothing will. The RS need a good old-fashined butt-kicking, and Bobby V is just the guy to do it! No more entitlement-minded crap, or favoritism with him at the helm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Like the part he thought Roberto Alomar should have bunted more. What, doesn't like small ball?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Who on this forum can't like a guy who loves to needle the Yankees?  :-))

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Bobby V adds passion to a game and pride to a team. Bring on Bobby 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, I'm just about sold on it. I'd like to see him given a shot. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't, but I say give it a shot. He'd LOVE to stick it to NYY, and that alone is reason to give him a look.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Too much of the article was either irrelevent, wrong or both.

Coming from NYC, I saw a lot of the Met games.  I remember the 1B playing off of first.  The only problem is that you can't hold the runner on 1st if you are not on first.

And no, autograph shows were around for a lot longer than Valentine.

And no, I don't care if he talks about military history.

And no, I don't care if he talks about BB with reporters that cover BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I didn't read the article, but my opinion is if a manager doesn't have respect for the rules of the game, what will that mean for the players? Everyone keeps talking about how he'll get them in line, when he couldn't even be kept in line. It just doesn't make sense to me.

My feeling is the other possible managers wouldn't agree to not having control over their position, and Valentine may have. I don't get this at all, but, of course, I will support any decision they make for the good of the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

If Bobby V is hired, the Red Sox may have their version of the Bronx Zoo Yankees of the late 70s.  Still, some of those teams won in spite of the ongoing drama.  Those Yankees teams also had so much talent that they won in spite of the drama.  I'm not sure you could say that about this current Red Sox team.  At least not yet. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

evry team has  drama and charachters    it's how they are meshed together  rxample  2004 Sox  - Millar and players   favorite Jack Daniels  a lot  gets passed over  when you WIN.

I AM SURE AS A FRMER BEAT WRITER IN NY  AND SOMEONE WHO SAW THE TEAM DAY IN AND DAY OUT  -- is going to post fiction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Excellent Peter Abraham piece: Who is Bobby Valentine?:
    [QUOTE]If Bobby V is hired, the Red Sox may have their version of the Bronx Zoo Yankees of the late 70s.  Still, some of those teams won in spite of the ongoing drama.  Those Yankees teams also had so much talent that they won in spite of the drama.  I'm not sure you could say that about this current Red Sox team.  At least not yet. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Billy Martin was also a great manager.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Excellent Peter Abraham piece: Who is Bobby Valentine?:
    [QUOTE]evry team has  drama and charachters    it's how they are meshed together  rxample  2004 Sox  - Millar and players   favorite Jack Daniels  a lot  gets passed over  when you WIN. I AM SURE AS A FRMER BEAT WRITER IN NY  AND SOMEONE WHO SAW THE TEAM DAY IN AND DAY OUT  -- is going to post fiction.
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

It's always that way.  Had they won in 2011, it was because they had great team chemistry and went out drinking together.  Had they lost in 2004, it would've been because they were drinking Jack together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

It is a good article, learned a few things about him I did not know. To me he is without question the no brainer decision to become the next Red Sox Manager. They need his in your face discipline, his fire, his on the field managing experience, his ability to deal witht he Boston media and Ownership. My only question is if BC is ready for Bobby Valentine. Not sure he can handle him.