Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?

In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?:
    [QUOTE]Finally, a post to the point...good work,2012
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Whatever you think of Valentine as a manager, if you are a player, you KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT until the season is over. You DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TOLD TO DO as best you possibly can. If you think that the manager is making a mistake, tell HIM in the privacy of the clubhouse, in his office. These spoiled overpaid lazy SOBs are nauseating...they got their feeeeeeeelings hurt. I don't really give a damn if they have hurt feelings, not after last year's collapse and this year's performance. I hope our FO has the cajones to toss one or two of them out the window to show the others that things have changed. Valentine is NOT the perfect manager; no one is, not for this group. Thats obvious. I would love to see the GONZOBUM or the PEDEYBUM tossed out into KC or some other abyss of a franchise. How incredibly arrogant, these brats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?

In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : The players are children and as you say anyone who was there last year, should just shut up and play, because Bobby V wasn't there last September. I by no means agree with everything Bobby V has done or said but the fact that you have millionaires running to the owners to complain about what amounts to some childish garbage is a joke. Bobby V puts you in the line-up every day Pedey, what you do after that is 100% on you.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

why keep bring up the money? They'll get paid, regardless. The issue is an unhappy envirnment, working for someone they don't like working for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : DC, the alternative to using five RPs in each game was to allow our disgusting SPs to continue flailing about on the mound. Well he did that with Lester and the whiney spoiled SOBs that masquerade as ball players didn't like that either. Maybe they would like it better playing for the Royals. I think someone has to be made an example of-maybe more than one person. What an incredibly hateable team, worst in memory.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

The alternative was to carry guys like Wakefield (thrown out by Lucchinno, and I did say "like" him, not be him) and Aceves as middle long men, so you have guys who can take the 3 or 4 innings that the SP couldn't get done. What I'm talking about is every time you use a reliever, it's not the number of outs they get. It's the number of pitches they use to warm up. If you got a guy who is doing full 100 percent warmup to get ready, he could be throwing 50 pitches or more in the pen before he gets called in. Andrew Miller gets out 1 hitter, but he threw 60-65 pitches for that one out. So when you bring in Atchison 3 times a week to throw 1 inning or even 2, he's throwing somewhere between 200 to 250 pitches of warmup and actual game pitches. That's how you burn out an arm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Agon, Pedey and all the rest of the Sox prima donnas are paid to perform - not to vote for who they want to perform for.  Since 2007 the players have underachieved and the blame has fallen on the FO or management - not on the players.  A 170M team should perform accordingly regardless of management.  I defy any player (Papi perhaps) to say they have earned what they are being paid to do this year.  If BV is the reason for the players poor performance - then the players have been tanking it all year long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : Whatever you think of Valentine as a manager, if you are a player, you KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT until the season is over. You DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TOLD TO DO as best you possibly can. If you think that the manager is making a mistake, tell HIM in the privacy of the clubhouse, in his office. These spoiled overpaid lazy SOBs are nauseating...they got their feeeeeeeelings hurt. I don't really give a damn if they have hurt feelings, not after last year's collapse and this year's performance. I hope our FO has the cajones to toss one or two of them out the window to show the others that things have changed. Valentine is NOT the perfect manager; no one is, not for this group. Thats obvious. I would love to see the GONZOBUM or the PEDEYBUM tossed out into KC or some other abyss of a franchise. How incredibly arrogant, these brats.

oh, like BV did to Youkilis publicly calling him out. Nice inning, Middlebrooks in front of other players. Can't BV hold it in to a man-to-man chat too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : That is just naive.  I do agree it is about respect, self respect, and the childish players having none of it.

it's not, cowards. I work directly for the owner of the company. He makes million. Sadly, I do not. not even close. same dynamics. When I'm not happy with something, he hears about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : Last year is past, pumpsie. Francona is gone, Theo is gone. It's a new day. new manager, new GM. I've worked in corporate all my life. Management for half of it. this is how it works. You get togehter hash things out.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yes, you do have to hash things out-WITH THE BOSS, not the owners. And the immediate boss of these a$zholes is Valentine. I know how "it works"; I have been in management too. The players here last year simply used up all their good will and benefit of the doubt not only last year, but this year too when they obviously gave up on the season. It would be a huge mistake for the ownership not to ship Pedroia out the window now, if they cannot get rid of Gonzalez. These babies need to grow the hell up and become real men and deal with real life. The truth is: YOU DON'T ALWAYS LIKE YOUR BOSS. You still have to do your job. I did. I am sure you didn't like all of your bosses either. THAT"S the way it works.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : Yes, you do have to hash things out-WITH THE BOSS, not the owners. And the immediate boss of these a$zholes is Valentine. I know how "it works"; I have been in management too. The players here last year simply used up all their good will and benefit of the doubt not only last year, but this year too when they obviously gave up on the season. It would be a huge mistake for the ownership not to ship Pedroia out the window now, if they cannot get rid of Gonzalez. These babies need to grow the hell up and become real men and deal with real life. The truth is: YOU DON'T ALWAYS LIKE YOUR BOSS. You still have to do your job. I did. I am sure you didn't like all of your bosses either. THAT"S the way it works.

How do you know they didnt try to take it up with him first? this took place at the end of July. my best guess is, it built up to the point where it had to be taken farther. You dont always have to like your boss, but you do have to respect him. I think you're being presumptuous without actually knowing what's taken place, pumpsie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : oh, like BV did to Youkilis publicly calling him out. Nice inning, Middlebrooks in front of other players. Can't BV hold it in to a man-to-man chat too?

I am not going to defend the mistakes Valentine made. You cited two of them. We knew they were coming when he was hired. So did the players. But its INSUBORDINATE when spoiled buffoons like Pedroia tell the media that "Thats not the way we do things around here"...or that "no one tells me when I am going to play". He has a BIG MOUTH. I want him out of here. He is a cancer on this club and needs to be put in his place for the ultimate good of the franchise. Yes Valentine made mistakes; I am not sure he should be rehired at all, but I will tell you what: these players just lost all of MY respect (what little remained) when this story came out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : why keep bring up the money? They'll get paid, regardless. The issue is an unhappy envirnment, working for someone they don't like working for.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox players don't "work for" Bobby V in any traditional sense.  He didn't hire them, he can't fire them, he can't dock them pay, he really can't bench them due to upper mgngmnt, media, fan etc.... input.   What is he going to do, write up Pedey for bad behavior and send it to Ben and Larry?  Get a file built up on Beckett's poor performance so upper management has grounds to terminate him?

What real authority does he have over them?  During the actual game he calls the shots, that is about it.  He has the power to leave Lester in while he is getting shelled and this is too much for the players to handle?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, let's trade the team's best hitter and a former MVP because they ran to the owners to cry about a manager who does not have their backs. pumpsie, you can't fire the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : How do you know they didnt try to take it up with him? this took place at the end of July. my best guess is its been on going and built up to the point it had to be taken farther. You dont always have to like your boss, but you do have to respect him.Ii think youre being presumptuous without actually knowing what's taken place.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

This year their job was to keep their mouths shut and work their tails off for their new boss. At the end of the year, if they had concerns, they meet privately with Valentine's boss. I really don't give a damn if they were concerned that Lester was left in a game until he gave up 11 runs. In fact, I don't much care about anything these overpaid spoiled country club employees want any more. They more of them that remain on the roster the more of our young kids will get the wrong idea about PROFESSIONALISM, and the longer it will take for this team to be relevant again. Valentine should be supported now by the FO and rehired for next year just to show the players who is in charge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pedroia is now a cancer? Unbelievable. Trade Nomar, he's a bad man! Trade Manny, he's a cancer! You guys are really borderline delusional when it comes to ballplayers. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Yes, let's bat Ciriaco at DH tonight, he's so suited for that role. That's just a manager's decision, nothing to do with his other attributes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : The Red Sox players don't "work for" Bobby V in any traditional sense.  He didn't hire them, he can't fire them, he can't dock them pay, he really can't bench them due to upper mgngmnt, media, fan etc.... input.   What is he going to do, write up Pedey for bad behavior and send it to Ben and Larry?  Get a file built up on Beckett's poor performance so upper management has grounds to terminate him? What real authority does he have over them?  During the actual game he calls the shots, that is about it.  He has the power to leave Lester in while he is getting shelled and this is too much for the players to handle?

I think it goes much farther and deeper than leaving Lester in too long, or nice inning kid, to middlebrooks. The bottom line, for whatever reason, it's not working, hasn't worked and won't work. I for one do not want to go through another season like this. Make the necessary changes. If it's Valentine, fine. If it a few players, so be it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]yes, let's trade the team's best hitter and a former MVP because they ran to the owners to cry about a manager who does not have their backs. pumpsie, you can't fire the team.

Someone needs to go. A ringleader of the overpaid spoiled buffoon gang. This cannot be allowed to go unpunished. We could probably get some very good players or prospect, especially pitchers, for Pedroia. I am quite serious about this. The entitlement attitude that is the root of this problem must be addressed-firmly, promptly. We will not compete for any championships until professionalism returns to the franchise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : it's not, cowards. I work directly for the owner of the company. He makes million. Sadly, I do not. not even close. same dynamics. When I'm not happy with something, he hears about it.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

But those are not the same dynamics, those are normal real world financial power structure dynamics, in sports it is reversed.  Hence the owness is on the players to respect the power structure, which the Red Sox players do not and did not last year either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : I think it goes much farther and deeper than leaving Lester in too long, or nice inning kid to middlebrooks. The bottom line, for whatever reason, it's not working, hasn't worked and won't work. I for one do not want to go through another season like this. Make the necessary changes. If its Valentine, fine. If it a few players, so be it.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

You will be going through a lot of seasons like this if the foxes keep guarding the henhouse. IMO the quickest way to become relevant again is to get rid of the ringleaders of the mutiny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

just heard carfado on pregame...he said players are mad it came out as anti BV...typically there are 3-4 times a yr when players  meet with management - this was one of them....as far as lester goes, BV told him that day he would have to keep him in for bullpen reasons/shortage...

i think the players are in spin control because with the exception of the Francona Bootlicker Brigade, the players have been savaged for their whining...too much like last yr when JHenry had to invite them on their yacht and give them $400 headphones for having top play a dblheader...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Pedroia is now a cancer? Unbelievable. Trade Nomar, he's a bad man! Trade Manny, he's a cancer! You guys are really borderline delusional when it comes to ballplayers. 

Dustin Pedroia: "Thats not the way we do things around here. He'll figure that out"
    Dustin Pedroia: "No one tells me when I am going to play. I am playing tomorrow night"
    Yes, Pedroia is an insubordinate cancer. Time for him to be handed his walking papers. I will not miss him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

As always many here miss the point.

Players are not "whining" or "blaming" the manager.

They hate the manager.  And when the whole team hates the manager, it's the managers fault.  Because the managers job is to manage the players..

It's that simple.  Whether the players are lazy, entitled jerks or not isn't the point.

Valentine can't manage them.  Which was obvious to me since they announced the hire.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : This year their job was to keep their mouths shut and work their tails off for their new boss. At the end of the year, if they had concerns, they meet privately with Valentine's boss. I really don't give a damn if they were concerned that Lester was left in a game until he gave up 11 runs. In fact, I don't much care about anything these overpaid spoiled country club employees want any more. They more of them that remain on the roster the more of our young kids will get the wrong idea about PROFESSIONALISM, and the longer it will take for this team to be relevant again. Valentine should be supported now by the FO and rehired for next year just to show the players who is in charge.

Thats hard to say, pumpsie without actually knowing more of what's transpired. I think it has to be a lot more than leaving Lester in too long or a comment to middlebrooks. It's never one or two things that trigger something like this, it's usually cumulating over a period of time. Right or wrong, warranted or not, they obviously cant stand the guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

I think Pedroia is digging a big hole for himself. Why does a .275 hitter with 9 home runs have this role. It seems like the biggest crybabies are the underperformers....Pedroia,Beckett, Lester. As far as the Middlebrooks incident if Carter was paying attention he would know BV said he felt he had a good enough relationship with WM to say that. Plus if the guys i work with were on that bench he would have heard a lot worse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]just heard carfado on pregame...he said players are mad it came out as anti BV...typically there are 3-4 times a yr when players  meet with management - this was one of them....as far as lester goes, BV told him that day he would have to keep him in for bullpen reasons/shortage... i think the players are in spin control because with the exception of the Francona Bootlicker Brigade, the players have been savaged for their whining...too much like last yr when JHenry had to invite them on their yacht and give them $400 headphones for having top play a dblheader...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Hard to believe that anyone can support the buffoons ("players" is too kind) on this. I think its absolutely disgusting. If they had the intention of doing this kind of thing, they had damn well better have been sure it never got out to the media. They cannot win this one. Valentine is going to come out of this smelling like a rose-and he doesn't deserve it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : Hard to believe that anyone can support the buffoons ("players" is too kind) on this. I think its absolutely disgusting. If they had the intention of doing this kind of thing, they had damn well better have been sure it never got out to the media. They cannot win this one. Valentine is going to come out of this smelling like a rose-and he doesn't deserve it.

How could they be sure, in this day and age, it never got out to the media?