Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?

In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : IF it happened the way the media presented it THEN I would be in favor of getting rid of Pedroia. Cherington did confirm that a meeting occurred. Orsillo and Remy don't have a clue about this; and they are paid by the Red Sox.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

IDK pumpsie. they were pretty outspoken and upfront about it. They didnt have to bring it up, which is what some broadcasters do, dont mention it at all. BC did confirm it, but they said ownership does have monthly meeting with the players. Remy did say some players told him before the game, theyre done talking to the media, which 
    i think is the way to go. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?

In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : IDK pumpsie. they were pretty outspoken and upfront about it. They didnt have to bring it up, which is what some broadcasters do, dont mention it at all. BC did confirm it, but they said ownership does have monthly meeting with the players. Remy did say some players told him before the game, theyre done talking to the media, which  i think is the way to go. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]You can't go wrong by taking a page from coach hoodie's book.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

how funny because BV is the opposite of BB--he volunteers too much info all the time to the media. That's your great leader there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

They had a play-friendly manager, and they took advantage of it. They blew that for themselves so the team went out and hired a guy specifically because he was a tough manager. He was brought in to be hard on them and get the clubhouse in order. I understand why the players are complaining about it, but at the same time the front office shouldn't even be giving them the chance to complain. You can't hire a guy to be hard on the players and then baby the players when they don't like it.

There's no accountability on this team. None. Beckett's been terrible and doesn't seem terribly bothered by it. He just blows it off and gets defensive if anyone has a problem with the staff ace giving up 8 runs every couple of starts. Why not skip his next start? Or put him in the bullpen? Or do something to force him to get it together? They do nothing, just let him stroll out there every 5th day like nothing happened. Why is John Lackey allowed to hang out in the club house? He's been a disaster on and off the field. He's done nothing for the team on the field, and suddenly now Beckett and Lester have the same attitude that he's known for having. If he wants to travel with a team send him to AAA to drink beer on the bus. Ortiz is a veteran who still seems to care about the team and they're stringing him along with year to year contracts while they give guys like Beckett and Lackey whatever they want. So Lester was embarassed giving up 11 runs? Simple. Pitch better and don't give up 11 runs. What they're doing isn't working and if BV says or does anything to try to correct it they get mad about it and the front office babies them. This team under these conditions is not getting better - either start shipping out some players or let the manager do what he has to do to get a performance out of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

But what you fail to understand is that when BV go the best out of his other teams in MLB--the final result was a .510 win percentage. That's not saying a lot about being a tough manager who will call out the players and is old-school...10 years away from MLB is a lot and it's not surprising he's having problems communicating...one of Tito's strengths.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]how funny because BV is the opposite of BB--he volunteers too much info all the time to the media. That's your great leader there.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]True enough. Bobby does talk too much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : I'll admit that I thought you were crazy a couple of time, but not this time.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]Thanks for responding. I was beginning to wonder if anyone had read that post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is that a chimpanzee could manage the Sox right now and it would be a better fit than BV. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

More than a better fit... it would be downright fitting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : More than a better fit... it would be downright fitting.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]You should take bellhorn under your wing. That was Homer and Jethro funny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Bosox1941 had the copyright on J Fred Muggs being able to manage better than Francona and now Dannycater has stolen that line regarding BV? How many monikers does Cater have?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Both the Red Sox and Braves collapsed last September.

Fast forward to today, the Braves are drama-free and are in the playoff hunt.

The Red Sox has more drama than all of my exes combined and are 5.5 games behind in the Wild Card. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Bosox1941 had the copyright on J Fred Muggs being able to manage better than Francona and now Dannycater has stolen that line regarding BV? How many monikers does Cater have?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]Please stop pike. Could you comment about baseball at least once?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

[QUOTE]I think the whole thing is way overblown, and people are only talking about it because either it's too painful to talk about the real issues facing this team, or they only want to call themselves Red Sox fans and  and then turn around and bash the team. But that's just my opinion. It is interesting that you don't see too many admitted Yankees fans on these doom and gloom, the sky is falling threads. Mostly all you see is so called Red Sox fans. As far as the Red Sox players liking Bobby V., who ever said they needed to? Do you think Billy Martin's guys all liked him? Or Dick Williams, Casey Stengel or John McGraw? In fact, without looking it up I'd be willing to wager that more championships have been won by universally loathed managers than universally loved ones. I guess this is just a long winded way of saying two things. First, the Red Sox as a team really need to suck it up. Second, I still think Bobby deserves a real shot. I didn't like his hiring, I think moon and some others will remember I wanted DeMarlo Hale, but I still think he deserves a shot at managing the Red Sox when the deck isn't stacked against him. If the Red Sox do retain him, he should allowed to name his own coaches, and he should probably sit down with ownership and reach some sort of agreement regarding disciplining players. Now I know I'll get flamed for having said this, and probably many of you are questioning my sanity right now. All I can say is it won't be the first time my soundness of mind was called into question. However, I think there are at least 3 reasons to bring back Valentine for the rest of his contract. First, what kind of message does it send to the rest of baseball for the Red Sox to fire 2 managers in 2 years? Second, the guy who really should be managing the Red Sox has his contract come up at the same time as BV. Third, we have to pay him anyway. Oh, and a fourth, I like what Bobby did with the bullpen this year, especially considering he lost his closer before the season even started.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Carnie, I say dump the selfish complainers! I will take BV any day over these over paid LOSERS! Bobby played not one game. Guess who did!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The ship may have had a hole or two in it...but now it is sinking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : Carnie, I say dump the selfish complainers! I will take BV any day over these over paid LOSERS! Bobby played not one game. Guess who did!
    Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE]I'm not going as far as saying dump anyone ma vieille ami. I am saying our players need to suck it up, starting right now. It doesn't matter who your manager is, if your name is Dustin Pedroia you need to be getting on base, and if your name is Josh Beckett you need to throw your curveball for strikes. Hopefully Josh doesn't want to show up in San Francisco wanting to kick my azz.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]The ship may have had a hole or two in it...but now it is sinking.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]
    Titanic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]I actually have no idea whether the fault is with Valentine or the players, though I suspect a little of both.  But I do think that a third line of fault lies with management who hired Bobby in the first place.  Whatever one may think about the firing of Francona, he was the architect of a succesful club culture that existed for 8 years.  It was an institution.  To turn around and hire a guy who you know will try and insititute the exact opposite culture is really begging for disaster.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Space. A voice of reason in all of this reactionary furor. It seems to me that the people who put these things in place are the ones most responsible, but they are the ones flying under the radar because the media that reports on the Red Sox has very much taken a hands off approach toward upper management. I'd like to see some of those feet put to the fire for a change instead of puff pieces like Henry's e-mail or Luchino's letter to season ticket holders. It's time to ask some hard questions of an ownership group that, most of the time, appears lost.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : You should take bellhorn under your wing. That was Homer and Jethro funny.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Thanks, carnie. You over flatter me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : Thanks, carnie. You over flatter me.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]Glad you apreciate the compliment. Homer and Jethro might have been the two funniest guys who ever lived.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]But what you fail to understand is that when BV go the best out of his other teams in MLB--the final result was a .510 win percentage. That's not saying a lot about being a tough manager who will call out the players and is old-school...10 years away from MLB is a lot and it's not surprising he's having problems communicating...one of Tito's strengths.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Look, I know you don't like BV. Frankly I am not sure I like him either. But Pedroia and Gonzobum, nonetheless, were out of line with their whining about their new boss after last year's choke and this year's refusal to perform. Tito was mediocre as a manager; his players took advantage of his leniency. This cycle has to stop NOW. If what the media reports is true, the perpetrators have to be defecated out of the franchise for the sake of the future. Period.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I wonder if BDC knows what "Muddy Chicken" really means while they're splashing it in the Pedroia ads all over these pages.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Both the Red Sox and Braves collapsed last September. Fast forward to today, the Braves are drama-free and are in the playoff hunt. The Red Sox has more drama than all of my exes combined and are 5.5 games behind in the Wild Card. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

the problems start and end with ownership/gm.
    i their ship was straight, you wouldnt have the dysfunction between the players and manager. those seeds are sewn up top. otherwise none of this would be tolerated.
    play the game listen to and back the manager. its not about you, its about the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The ship may have had a hole or two in it...but now it is sinking.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

that being said, ownership is going nowhere, therefore, likely manager is gone, and maybe some players. but unless the ownership says no going past the manager, listen to the manager, this will happen again. likely they get another kiss kiss mgr (for the players),like tito, who will yield to the overcontrolling gm/ownership

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership-Your Reaction? : Thanks, Space. A voice of reason in all of this reactionary furor. It seems to me that the people who put these things in place are the ones most responsible, but they are the ones flying under the radar because the media that reports on the Red Sox has very much taken a hands off approach toward upper management. I'd like to see some of those feet put to the fire for a change instead of puff pieces like Henry's e-mail or Luchino's letter to season ticket holders. It's time to ask some hard questions of an ownership group that, most of the time, appears lost.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

biggest prob was not hiring v, but ownerships style of running club (wanting weak manager to yield to players whims and who will yield to ownerhsip/gm meddling nature