Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

My son lives within 10 a ten minute walk from where this happened and works even closer. Imagine how a father feels when this crap happens and his child is close by. My son is fine, but it almost gave dad his forth heart attack!

My thoughts are with all those in Boston. This hateful crime better not go unpunished! When you attack our home be it in NYC 911 or in Boston 415 you will be hunted down with out concern of cost or resources. You will pay for your crimes against our brothers and sisters!

Jete, thank you for starting this thread, brothers in arms! Let no person forget what you do to hurt us! You cannot destroy us because we care about each other!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurenfrances. Show laurenfrances's posts

Yankee fan here, my prays are with you.  We have your back !!!!  Condolences to your love ones. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurenfrances. Show laurenfrances's posts

Yankee fan here, my thoughts and prays are with you...stay strong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurenfrances. Show laurenfrances's posts

My thoughts and prays are with you. We NY stand with you tonight!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

This only goes to show us that we can never take things for granted. Life is too precious and we never kn oiw what is going to happen. it sickens me to hear that an 8 year old child lost his life over something that was a total act of terrorism. We all come on here as fans of different teams but tonight we are all Bostonians. My thoughts and prayers with those families and have the utmost respect for the first line responders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Now it's reported 3 are dead

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

We are all Boston citizens today.

We always were Jess. When 911 happened and NY was crying, Boston brothers were beside you. Even us displaced brothers. I spent a week in NYC after 911 with my wife. Partly because business was hurting and my brothers and sisters were struggling. I droppped as many bucks as  I could to help them out. Momma and I love new york, but Boston is our home! New Yorkers treated us with love and thanked us over and over. Imagine that?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I used to go to the Patriot's Day red Sox game every year with my dad, and then walk over to the finish line to watch the runners come through.

Those explosions were not far from where I used to stand...

I can relate to what you're saying.  For the past seven years it's been a tradition for my SO and I to go to the Patriot's Day game, then after the game have walked over to the Pru and slightly toward the finish line to watch the "stragglers" finish.  Had we done that this year we would have been directly across from the first explosion, most likely at the time it happened. 

In addition to that, my daughter and her two children are having a mini-vacation this week in Boston but they thankfully are safe.

I don't have words for how I'm feeling.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I was wondering who would be the first douchenozzle to inject politics into this. Actually, no I wasn't.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

my heart goes out to the families of those injuredFrown.....Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line
    By Jimmy Golen, The Associated Press | Associated Press – 7 mins ago

BOSTON - Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.
    Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.
    "There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina.
    He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line.
    Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.....

When things like this happen, like the "Sandy Hook" tragedy here in Newtown CT that took the life of all three of my kids former principal at Bethlehem elementery die, all I wanted was justice. 

It may not be Gods way but I truly hope we find the person or persons responsible for todays bombing and hang them ASAP.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

My son lives within 10 a ten minute walk from where this happened and works even closer. Imagine how a father feels when this crap happens and his child is close by. My son is fine, but it almost gave dad his forth heart attack!

My thoughts are with all those in Boston. This hateful crime better not go unpunished! When you attack our home be it in NYC 911 or in Boston 415 you will be hunted down with out concern of cost or resources. You will pay for your crimes against our brothers and sisters!

Jete, thank you for starting this thread, brothers in arms! Let no person forget what you do to hurt us! You cannot destroy us because we care about each other!

no problem Promise, Boston fans were were quick to reach out during 9/11 and Sandy..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Thankfully, my nephew, who ran in the marathon, and my sister and brother-in-law were already on their way home when the explosions occurred.  This is such a horrific event in so many ways.  At the heart of it are the fatalities and the families who suffer a painful and senseless loss for the remainder of their lives.  Then there are the wounded who lost body parts and the ability to function in the ways we take for granted, many of whom will suffer pain and recurring trauma.  Beyond that are the witnesses who will replay and relive the trauma in their minds.  Then there are the runners who see their joy of accomplishments for something they've worked months and sometimes years for overshadowed and diminished by the greater tragedies of the day.  Beyond this is the city of Boston and its greatest civic event forever tarnished by the events of this day.  Then, of course, are all of us who are angered and disgusted by such a heinous act.

While this may have been the action of Islamists, I hope it's the action of a domestic sicko because the next layer of tragedies will stem from the hightened level of fear and paranoia that will be unleashed and further perpetuate the insanity.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I was wondering who would be the first douchenozzle to inject politics into this. Actually, no I wasn't.

Softlaw can't help it. The larger question is why BDC condones his behavior and actually encourages it?

Actually, who cares WHY they did it.  The point is they DID it.  Softlaw's point is legitimate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

While this may have been the action of Islamists, I hope it's the action of a domestic sicko because the next layer of tragedies will stem from the hightened level of fear and paranoia that will be unleashed and further perpetuate the insanity.

You have serious issues. You state "may be the action of Islamists" and then "I hope it's the action of a domestic sicko". Stop hoping for who you want it to be. Whoever was involved, I could care less why they did it and what group they are or aren't a part of of.

The most serious issue is the near certainty that this act of mayhem was planned in a way that would take full advantage of a media that will sell it to the public for as long as it will sell. The most valuable partner to nearly all organized plans to commit mayhem and homicide is the media and it's captive public. To the extent that nearly every member of the public laps up the media sold narrative, it is providing the largest desired platform that a sinister mind can dream of. The irony of this is beyond words.

The media driven national public narrative is a vital part of the desired response sought by those involved. To the extent that the media sells the narrative and the public captively engages in a narrative about planned acts of violence, the greatest desired platform is achieved by anyone involved with the planning.

The correct individual response is to turn off the media and scold them for selling the narrative to people who have zero need to know and who simply provide the largest audience that the planner(s) could dream of.

I have not watched any of the media coverage of it, and have zero interest knowing about it. I am disappointed that I know anything about it, at all.  

Who committed it doesn't change the pain of the tragedy itself, but the identity of the perpetrator will affect our responses to it, whether it makes any sense or not or no matter to what extent it's fed by media selling a narrative.  If the action was perpetrated by an outsider, conflict will ensue.  If it was committed by one of us, we will be left with little to do but grieve.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Another human thread hijacked by the inhuman softlaw to push his personal agenda.