Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Giving " political asylum " to individuals from the terrorist hotbed of Chechnya was, and is,  an unbelievably stupid thing to do.  Even Russia  - not exactly an ally -  warned us about these savages. They have experience with the atrocities of these individuals. They know them well.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

CNN tried to blame the right for this, how pathetic.

How?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Thinking out loud that I wondered how many folks in Watertown wished they had a gun the house really was an upsetting point for you to ponder I guess.

Sure there are gun owners everywhere and certainly a few in that locale but nothing offers more security to face a home intruder and to protect your family than a fire arm.

And I have never owned one but it is a stark reality.

The gun debate will resume after this terrorist is brought to justice whether you like it or not.

Again, nobody wants to take away guns from law-abiding citizens. What part about this can't you grasp?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Just to be clear: 

I didn't politically bend those numbers: 3,000 to 900,000

The numbers are real. All I ask is that you think about them. I'm not worried so much about Al Queada. I'm more worried about us. 

Look, I've said my piece. See you at the game tomorrow. As always:

GO SOX! 

Can't wait to hear the Anthem at Fenway tomorrow!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Thinking out loud that I wondered how many folks in Watertown wished they had a gun the house really was an upsetting point for you to ponder I guess.

Sure there are gun owners everywhere and certainly a few in that locale but nothing offers more security to face a home intruder and to protect your family than a fire arm.

And I have never owned one but it is a stark reality.

The gun debate will resume after this terrorist is brought to justice whether you like it or not.

Again, nobody wants to take away guns from law-abiding citizens. What part about this can't you grasp?

And where the hell have I ever stated that someone wants to take guns from law abiding citizens?

The 2nd time I've read that today.

Nowhere have I ever wrote the intention is to take guns from citizens.

Can you grasp that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Watertown, boat, waterboard....it just fits so nicely...

There is hope.

He has not been given his Miranda Rights.

We need to learn what his big brother was doing on those trips to Russia.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

And where the hell have I ever stated that someone wants to take guns from law abiding citizens?

The 2nd time I've read that today.

Nowhere have I ever wrote the intention is to take guns from citizens.

Can you grasp that?

Let this be a lesson to all: Fully read a post before you fly off half-cocked. Apologies, TWM ... I totally misread your point.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Pumpsie...

Re: As you have posted on this discussion and voiced your displeasure with the political rants back & forth, you are able to determine that despite part of the Heading being "Boston Marathon" that there has been no or little discussion about the sports aspect of the race.

You have 2 choices:  

1.If you feel certain posters are unreasonable in their views, you might do as I do, don't get into an argument with someone unreasonable. It's pissing up wind !!!

2. If you disagree with what is said and you don't wish to offer a rebuttal, leave the thread. I have agreed that politics should not be discussed here & opinions given on our President either should not be done. By continuing to express your displeasure, you are not going to stop someone from defending insults. You are feeding their egos because they know what they have said upset you. They will stop when no one responds because the've shot their loads but firing back with insults makes them load up again. If they are ignored, they will go away.

3. I am a dieheart Boston teams fan but I did enjoy getting involved in some of the political discussions and I came back with my rebuttals without name calling and an explanation why I agreed or disagreed with what was said.  Needless to say, if you want to stick to the Sports Forums/Topics only, then by all means do it ! No one should be disturbing you on this post if you stay away.

I have as many choices as I want. I appreciate your suggestions, but I think I will choose another option. Sports forums are not the place to utilize as a vehicle for spewing your personal political agenda. If you like, I can provide you with a link to the POLITICAL forum where such discussion are a better fit. Many of us here have gotten tired of the persistent intrusion of political rants by Softlaw and Mr Bill. Its not just this thread, but this thread IS a prime example of malpositioned posts. As long as they continue to spew their diatribe I choose to continue to reject their intrusion and call them out on it. I am not alone; others have posted the same thing. Best course of action: the mods move this thread to the political forum where it belongs.

========================================

I did not intend to limit you to 2 choices...Mea Culpa.  What I meant was that I had 2 recommendations.

But, and this is my opinion Re:

"Many of us here have gotten tired of the persistent intrusion of political rants by Softlaw and Mr Bill. Its not just this thread, but this thread IS a prime example of malpositioned posts. As long as they continue to spew their diatribe I choose to continue to reject their intrusion and call them out on it. I am not alone; others have posted the same thing. "

By showing your dissatisfaction by calling them out with what they've posted and the fact that they have posted on a Sports Forum only serves, again my opinion, to feed their egos that they are bothering you and it becomes a worthless time consuming never ending tennis/ping pong match.  Since there is no moderator like in a debate saying your time is up, it goes on and on and maybe only fatigue stops it.

The most important thing I feel you have said about combating them, if you don't simply choose to leave the thread as I have said many times if they get no responses, they can do nothing but repeat their arguments is .....

"Best course of action: the mods move this thread to the political forum where it belongs."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Well, Softy, here is the full text of the first paragraph of your post. You really do have a hard time admitting that you are wrong, even when presented with a quote authored by you:

Just like I had a wild hunch those involved wwere young militant Muslim jihadists, I have this wild hunch this teenager is dead. I hope I'm wrong on the "he's dead" hunch.

People who can actually comprehend written English understand this to mean that your hunch IS that the teenager is dead, but that you hope your own hunch is wrong.

You are blathering incoherently, after your first to attempt to leave off "I'm hope I'm wrong on the "he's dead" hunch.

You need to go nite-nite, and it's stunning that the current narrative is "thank goodness this is over".

Why is it so hard to admit you are wrong? When I am wrong, I admit it. No one is right all the time, and I provided you with PROOF of what you actually said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Pumpsie...

Re: As you have posted on this discussion and voiced your displeasure with the political rants back & forth, you are able to determine that despite part of the Heading being "Boston Marathon" that there has been no or little discussion about the sports aspect of the race.

You have 2 choices:  

1.If you feel certain posters are unreasonable in their views, you might do as I do, don't get into an argument with someone unreasonable. It's pissing up wind !!!

2. If you disagree with what is said and you don't wish to offer a rebuttal, leave the thread. I have agreed that politics should not be discussed here & opinions given on our President either should not be done. By continuing to express your displeasure, you are not going to stop someone from defending insults. You are feeding their egos because they know what they have said upset you. They will stop when no one responds because the've shot their loads but firing back with insults makes them load up again. If they are ignored, they will go away.

3. I am a dieheart Boston teams fan but I did enjoy getting involved in some of the political discussions and I came back with my rebuttals without name calling and an explanation why I agreed or disagreed with what was said.  Needless to say, if you want to stick to the Sports Forums/Topics only, then by all means do it ! No one should be disturbing you on this post if you stay away.

I have as many choices as I want. I appreciate your suggestions, but I think I will choose another option. Sports forums are not the place to utilize as a vehicle for spewing your personal political agenda. If you like, I can provide you with a link to the POLITICAL forum where such discussion are a better fit. Many of us here have gotten tired of the persistent intrusion of political rants by Softlaw and Mr Bill. Its not just this thread, but this thread IS a prime example of malpositioned posts. As long as they continue to spew their diatribe I choose to continue to reject their intrusion and call them out on it. I am not alone; others have posted the same thing. Best course of action: the mods move this thread to the political forum where it belongs.

========================================

I did not intend to limit you to 2 choices...Mea Culpa.  What I meant was that I had 2 recommendations.

But, and this is my opinion Re:

"Many of us here have gotten tired of the persistent intrusion of political rants by Softlaw and Mr Bill. Its not just this thread, but this thread IS a prime example of malpositioned posts. As long as they continue to spew their diatribe I choose to continue to reject their intrusion and call them out on it. I am not alone; others have posted the same thing. "

By showing your disatisfaction by calling them out with what they've posted and the fact that they have posted on a Sports Forum only serves, again my opinion, to feed their egos that they are bothering you and it becomes a worthless time consuming never ending tennis/ping pong match.  Since there is no moderator like in a debate saying your time is up, it goes on and on and maybe only fatigue stops it.

The most important thing I feel you have said about combating them, if you don't simply choose to leave the thread as I have said many times if they get no responses, they can do nothing but repeat their arguments is .....

"Best course of action: the mods move this thread to the political forum where it belongs."

I know what you are saying. I will consider it. Softy's political act IS tiring.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Giving " political asylum " to individuals from the terrorist hotbed of Chechnya was, and is,  an unbelievably stupid thing to do.  Even Russia  - not exactly an ally -  warned us about these savages. They have experience with the atrocities of these individuals. They know them well.

I agree...shame we have open arms to any immigrants from repressive government countries and even fund part of their education here. Irrespective of background checks, many can be Manchurian Candidates or if they truly do like our way of life, terrorist groups then tell them they will kill their families if they don't participate in a jihad against us.

I am simplifying my interpretation of part of the Quran that it says that anyone who does not believe in Islam or does not convert, will be killed.

The problem I see is that if this happens again on our soil as 9/11 stopped planes being used as missles by air marshalls, locked cockpit doors & intensive annoying but needed body searches boarding planes, we may do something drastic and many peace loving Muslims will be affected...kept in camps as we did the Japanese in WW2.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

No one is right all the time.

Except me.

Laughing  Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Well, Softy, here is the full text of the first paragraph of your post. You really do have a hard time admitting that you are wrong, even when presented with a quote authored by you:

Just like I had a wild hunch those involved wwere young militant Muslim jihadists, I have this wild hunch this teenager is dead. I hope I'm wrong on the "he's dead" hunch.

People who can actually comprehend written English understand this to mean that your hunch IS that the teenager is dead, but that you hope your own hunch is wrong.

You are blathering incoherently, after your first to attempt to leave off "I'm hope I'm wrong on the "he's dead" hunch.

You need to go nite-nite, and it's stunning that the current narrative is "thank goodness this is over".

Why is it so hard to admit you are wrong? When I am wrong, I admit it. No one is right all the time, and I provided you with PROOF of what you actually said.

On this forum, you should be used to it. When somebody is nailed, the conversation devloves into incoherent volleys of BS; they either ignore it, twist it, change the subject entirely (usually via going on the opffensive and/or infantile insults), or come up with a lame excuse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This story is the biggest event in the country ,  if not the world , at this time. To come on here and remind people that this is a baseball forum is extremely disingenuous. Everyone wants to give their opinion on this. We know it is a baseball board. But this transcends that.  Why are some of you so upset with that ? I honestly think that some are disappointed with who the perpetrators turned out to be. You were hoping for something else , even though most clear thinking people knew what it was all about.  You need to face reality.  Don't be so obvious by telling people that this is a baseball board. If you have an agenda , go ahead and admit it. Try being honest. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

This story is the biggest event in the country ,  if not the world , at this time. To come on here and remind people that this is a baseball forum is extremely disingenuous. Everyone wants to give their opinion on this. We know it is a baseball board. But this transcends that.  Why are some of you so upset with that ?

+1 ... And while I agree in principle with the "Keep politics on the politics board" objections, that cat was out of the bag long ago. Discussions on politics or current events outside of baseball happen here constantly. Anyone bothered by that has to learn to ignore it or deal with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Wrong approach am. Obvviously society is to to blame for his "misdirection" and he should be coddled and loved, finally being released into society to live a long and prosperous life with a new identity and millions of dollars obtained in a law-suit for being harrassed while in his boat.

Meanwhile if we really want to stop this stuff we need to clamp down on more old woman at the airport with more aggressive cavity searches.

One of the most witty posters I've ever read on here! I can't laugh, because it's too serious a matter. But your words of satire are strikingly articulate and intensely demonstrative of the sad reality of current political and media leadership.

Agreed.  I guess providing a safe habor and giving them welfare money wasn't enough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This story is the biggest event in the country ,  if not the world , at this time. To come on here and remind people that this is a baseball forum is extremely disingenuous. Everyone wants to give their opinion on this. We know it is a baseball board. But this transcends that.  Why are some of you so upset with that ? I honestly think that some are disappointed with who the perpetrators turned out to be. You were hoping for something else , even though most clear thinking people knew what it was all about.  You need to face reality.  Don't be so obvious by telling people that this is a baseball board. If you have an agenda , go ahead and admit it. Try being honest. 

I agree.

This is a difficult period for us and I think we all need someone to talk to so we go to place we know.

This board is kind of like a disfunctional family ;0)  We argue, agree, disagree we may leave for a time but we end up coming back.

We have a need to talk to each other about this terrible event and yes some of us go on tangents but we are who we are. 

If anyone is bothered by this thread then they don't need to come here.  Those who are here need to duke this thing out because I think it helps.

Telling us this is a baseball thread is not helping.  Let this thread run its course, these types of threads always do.