Fans should be in an uproar......

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Fans should be in an uproar......

You don't "wait" when an opportunity comes to dump all that dead salary. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Clamshack1's comment:

Actually all posters should commit themselves at the moment of a trade or acquisition much like the GM has to do. The Gm is not given the excuse  of 20-20 hindsight so why not a poster on an an Internet forum? If you approve of a trade or acquisition , commit yourself immediately, anything else is disingenuous,  phony, insincere, and dishonest. The 20-20 hindsight routine can be played by any moron.

I have zero interest in gambling as it's a mug's game and I get no buzz from it....on the rare occasions I do gamble - and I rarely lose as I only bet when I "know" I am right - is to shut up stupid/biased/drunk/loudmouths or just to take their money.

Nanny state America generally doesn't allow gambling, but wouldn't it be great if say, Moon and Softlaw were able to bet $20 on the Sox 2013 win total?  And we could all take a position on it?

It would reduce the BS factor by at least 85%.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Isn't it extreme to move to Cambodia after getting fired as a clubhouse boy by the Red Sox? Talk about overreaction. How many persons would do something like that?

Who cares?  It's his business.  The only kind of person who takes your kind of interest in another poster's personal life is the stalker/creep kind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

By the way Chilliwings = Sonics Monks Lyres/ Vicars - all sht bands from centuries ago.

Hahaha....perhaps in your friendless, sexless bubble...but the Vicars are contemporary, Lyres are past their '81-'88 genius but still put on (generally) great gigs...and while for most people like.....you.....the Sonics and the Monks are not household names that says more about your household's a.m. radio than the bands.

To many people, including me, the Sonics were one of the greatest and most influential bands ever....to you?  You will/have gone to Wiki to learn {little} and spit it out here. 

Remember your stupid claims about me, LSD and "acid rock"?  You pathetic fool.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

... wouldn't it be great if say, Moon and Softlaw were able to bet $20 on the Sox 2013 win total?  And we could all take a position on it? 

I often offered 3:1 odds that VTek would have a better CERA (pitcher by pitcher) than VMart and then Salty.

No takers.

No end to the BS either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

By the way Chilliwings = Sonics Monks Lyres/ Vicars - all sht bands from centuries ago.

BTW, Mr. Music, who are some of your favourite bands?  Do tell!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

... wouldn't it be great if say, Moon and Softlaw were able to bet $20 on the Sox 2013 win total?  And we could all take a position on it? 

I often offered 3:1 odds that VTek would have a better CERA (pitcher by pitcher) than VMart and then Salty.

No takers.

No end to the BS either.

Moon, I have no doubt you would stand by your views....I'd stand by most of them!  It's the SSS pinheads and blowhards that you just know know wouldn't a) go on record, and b) risk even a modest amount of money.  The worst of them want to be able to attempt to claim even the slimmest of plausible deniability.  Which is why an adjudicated betting system would stop most of the nonsense.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Mr. Mooosick........you haven't told me about the good bands from today!

For me, Wau y los Arrrghs!!! are pretty much the top of the tree.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7E3dW0oSrU

Viven!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You are 100% correct sir. We've basically been given a "do over" and have plenty of cash to work with. Trust me, if the owners attempt to go cheap this off season, the howl's of frustrated Nation members will reverberate around the Globe. (pun intended). The market's a bit thin for stud FA's, but they better be active AND successful at bringing some talent in.

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment: Theres no question they did the right thing but Im curious... who can they possibly get in free agency this year that will help them? If they are smart maybe re sign Ross and Ortiz( if reasonable) . I hope they dont spend much money because i dont think there is anyone out there worth much.

I think they absolutely made the right move with the Dodgers trade.  As to whether it was for the sake of a buck, I think that will be better judged based on what they do going forward.

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No takers.

No end to the BS either.

That's why I often offer tag bets to other posters.  It's kind of a schoolyard thing, but I found out early on that anyone can talk.  But as soon as you offer them a wager, the bravado drains from their body.  I can't tell you the number of people I've met that have been reduced to mumbling when I suggest we wager on something.

On another site, we always make sure we offer a spot on our fantasy league to one of the biggest whiners.  He's never accepted.  Oddly enough, all the people in the league are quietly confident.  All the ones that tell how smart they are-never join.

What's the under/over for next year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW, Mr. Music, who are some of your favourite bands?  Do tell!

King Salamni? Is that a lunch meat?

[/QUOTE]

Waiting to hear what bands you dig (not that I would judge someone on such a thing, but as you are judging me on S/M/L/V I have to ask).

Re King Salami and the Cumberland 3.....no doubt they haven't reached your sexless, friendless, armoured enclave yet.....though they have been busy with their recent Japan, China and Australia tours recently and their relentless European touring schedule so they have probably not reached the burned-out, see you next Tuesday loser demographic yet.

Honestly, you pathetic loser....rather than criticise the name of the band, why don't you attempt to develop an informed view?  As if you could.....

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from willoman. Show willoman's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

The Dodgers wanted AGon, period. They weren't likely to make the playoffs when they made that deal. They would have been chomping at the bit to make the same deal over the winter, because they wanted AGon bad enough to take on Crawford and Beckett.

I agree they had plenty of chances to make a run at the playoffs and kept faltering. Beckett quit a year ago so don't blame Bobby V with him. Crawfod has done nothing but be injured for two years and is getting more surgery. Agon was the only valuable player they lost and wasn't playing up to his salary. I say build a young likable team, find a ne manager, develop some pitchers and add a few parts with the money you have to spend . Oh yeah and ban all media from the locker room. Let them report on the game from the press box. They only make things worse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No takers.

No end to the BS either.

That's why I often offer tag bets to other posters.  It's kind of a schoolyard thing, but I found out early on that anyone can talk.  But as soon as you offer them a wager, the bravado drains from their body.  I can't tell you the number of people I've met that have been reduced to mumbling when I suggest we wager on something.

On another site, we always make sure we offer a spot on our fantasy league to one of the biggest whiners.  He's never accepted.  Oddly enough, all the people in the league are quietly confident.  All the ones that tell how smart they are-never join.

What's the under/over for next year[/QUOTE]

I'd be open to a public bet.  I'm not very interested in a tag bet - a bit wanky - but a tangible bet - of any value - is attractive to me.  There are loads of Boston bands' 7" I don't have.....loads of other 7" I do have or could find easily.

Popsike.com - or my word ;-) - could eliminate any aggro.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Intitlement runs thick !!! Me me me mine mine it's  not fair I deserve more  me me me 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

No takers.

No end to the BS either.

Moon, I have no doubt you would stand by your views....I'd stand by most of them!  It's the SSS pinheads and blowhards that you just know know wouldn't a) go on record, and b) risk even a modest amount of money.  The worst of them want to be able to attempt to claim even the slimmest of plausible deniability.  Which is why an adjudicated betting system would stop most of the nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. My betting days are over, but I would bet on some of my key philosophies about baseball. Of all the posters, especialy softy, who called CERA "voodoo", why wouldn't he take 3: 1 odds on a bet that in his eyes is a coin toss?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

You don't "wait" when an opportunity comes to dump all that dead salary. 

I agree with you moonslav59.   :)

I was surprised that the Dodgers would take that much in salary.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I think they absolutely made the right move with the Dodgers trade.  As to whether it was for the sake of a buck, I think that will be better judged based on what they do going forward.

They could have waited until the off-season to make that or a similar deal.

[/QUOTE]

The Dodgers also might have had other options in the offseason, and might have been less driven to make a deal.

I hated giving up, but thy got some desperately needed pitching, and moved two players who would otherwise have been difficult to move without taking back any deadweight.  Losing AGon will certainly hurt in the immediate future, but long term, he had some potential to be an albatross as well...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Think of the countless threads about CC's contract and dismal beginning. We shed the albatross and had to include AGon who was neither a bargain nor a burden.

Think of the countless threads about Beckett's contract and inconsistencies. We shed the albatross  and had to include AGon who was neither a bargain nor a burden.

AGon was paid about what he was worth. Losing him was big, don't get me wrong, but with his $22M a year off the books, it is not unreasonable to think he can be replaced (maybe by 2-3 players at 2-3 positions) by 2014. Then there is the easy task of replacing what CC and Beckett (and Punto) have given us in productivity the last 2 years or so with $37M+ a year.

There should be an uproar over the clowns who don't get the fact, yes... it is a fact, that we fleeced the Dodgers. 

Dodger fans will be posting on sites like this over the next few years complaining about what the *&^%!  happened.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Whoever thinks that the Sox were wrong in this situation is either a) doesnt understand baseball all that well b) is just trolling around looking for a reaction.
    We completely fleeced the Dodgers...Taking 2 top pitchers from their organization and dumping 3 hefty contracts. If anyone here really though this team had any shot at the playoffs this season I would recommend some therapy sessions and/or stop using whatever substance that is clouding your thought process