Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!

He pitched great today!!  How often has a fan been able to say that lately?  He is still an arrogant guy but, 16 more of these types of games and no one will care if he plays golf injured or not on his 18 precious off-days!!

Oh, and Happy Birhday Josh!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!

In Response to Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!:
    [QUOTE]He pitched great today!!  How often has a fan been able to say that lately?  He is still an arrogant guy but, 16 more of these types of games and no one will care if he plays golf injured or not on his 18 precious off-days!! Oh, and Happy Birhday Josh!!
    Posted by chronic352[/QUOTE]
    They've been able to say it 5 out of 7 of his starts considering he's done good in all of the except the ones he gave up 7 runs in...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : They've been able to say it 5 out of 7 of his starts considering he's done good in all of the except the ones he gave up 7 runs in...
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

I guess a 4.97 ERA is now considered Good?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : I guess a 4.97 ERA is now considered Good?
    I guess you didn't read what I said? He has a 2.36 ERA in his other 5 starts. So how is this the first chance to cheer for him? He had two bad games and 5 good ones yet this is the only good game he has thrown this season?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Hopefully beckretts found a haters gonna hate mentality and go out there and do his thing. By the way this year I am getting silently impressed by saltys work with the pitchers as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : I guess you didn't read what I said? He has a 2.36 ERA in his other 5 starts. So how is this the first chance to cheer for him? He had two bad games and 5 good ones yet this is the only good game he has thrown this season?
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

Where is the hate in my post?  Yes, I was sarcastic when I said how often have we said lately, but hate?  

Looking at the game logs of all of his starts and the average of his best five games is 4.93 in the 5 games he has pitched 6 or more innings.  Now, I did say how often have we cheered him when he pitches not this is the first time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : I guess a 4.97 ERA is now considered Good?

And it only took one positive post for you to turn your thread into a negative one. That you too, Mikey?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

OK here is where Beckett is:

*  His stuff from 2007 is GONE and most likely is never coming back

*  His stuff last night looked very good, but nothing to get too excited about

*  And please we need to remember that he did this against a very weak hitting team

* If he can stay in this groove he can bring some value to the team but

*  History indicates he will fall apart in August

*  I still do not trust him with the ball in any type of important game

Bottom Line:  He may have bottomed out but he's just an average pither today and there is still no justification for the extension that Theo gave him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!:
    [QUOTE]He pitched great today!!  How often has a fan been able to say that lately?  He is still an arrogant guy but, 16 more of these types of games and no one will care if he plays golf injured or not on his 18 precious off-days!! Oh, and Happy Birhday Josh!!

Not to be a killjoy, but he did it against the Mariners, did you see their offensive numbers, let's wait till he beats a major league team to declare him back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]OK here is where Beckett is: *  His stuff from 2007 is GONE and most likely is never coming back *  His stuff last night looked very good, but nothing to get too excited about *  And please we need to remember that he did this against a very weak hitting team * If he can stay in this groove he can bring some value to the team but *  History indicates he will fall apart in August *  I still do not trust him with the ball in any type of important game Bottom Line:  He may have bottomed out but he's just an average pither today and there is still no justification for the extension that Theo gave him
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

This time last week you started a 'calling all sugar coaters' thread.  Just out of curiosity, how would you describe this coating your smearing over last night's start (his fifth good start in seven tries this year)?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

History indicates he will fall apart in August

"History" also indicates that September is his best career month, not counting October where in the playoffs, he is 7-3  3.07  0,900 WHIP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]History indicates he will fall apart in August "History" also indicates that September is his best career month, not counting October where in the playoffs, he is 7-3  3.07  0,900 WHIP.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Wow, 2007 and before huh?  I guess you don't realize he is a different pitcher since his injury late in 2008?  Why not write to Ben and suggest another contract extension.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : This time last week you started a 'calling all sugar coaters' thread.  Just out of curiosity, how would you describe this coating your smearing over last night's start (his fifth good start in seven tries this year)?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I am sorry but what did I sugar coat?  I believe posters praising JB are missing some key facts.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : I am sorry but what did I sugar coat?  I believe posters praising JB are missing some key facts.......

The facts are 1) Beckett has given up 3 runs or less in 5 of his 7 starts and 2) He posted an ERA under 3, a WHIP under 1.1 and was in the top 10 Cy Young voting in 2011.  You're not using sugar in your coating.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Lester now Beckett. Just need Clay to get it right. Sox on a roll.

I just retired the phrase: "Great Taste! Less Winning!"

The growing pains are over, and BobbyV is doing what he was hired for: To Manage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!": [QUOTE]OK here is where Beckett is: *  His stuff from 2007 is GONE and most likely is never coming back *  His stuff last night looked very good, but nothing to get too excited about *  And please we need to remember that he did this against a very weak hitting team * If he can stay in this groove he can bring some value to the team but *  History indicates he will fall apart in August *  I still do not trust him with the ball in any type of important game Bottom Line:  He may have bottomed out but he's just an average pither today and there is still no justification for the extension that Theo gave him Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] He went 7 innings against the rangers and gave up 2 runs. That' a good start against a very.good hitting team. You are wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Seattle is a joke offense. I mean what does it tell you when they move Ichiro to 3rd in the lineup?...it means they have almost nobody who can hit.

If you lose to them, you need to quit baseball and find a new career!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : Where is the hate in my post?  Yes, I was sarcastic when I said how often have we said lately, but hate?   Looking at the game logs of all of his starts and the average of his best five games is 4.93 in the 5 games he has pitched 6 or more innings.  Now, I did say how often have we cheered him when he pitches not this is the first time.
    I don't think you're reading the game logs right.  The era in the game log is his era to date, not for the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!": He went 7 innings against the rangers and gave up 2 runs. That' a good start against a very.good hitting team. You are wrong.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

Cherry Picking won't work given I actually saw the game he "pitched" against Detroit.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : Cherry Picking won't work given I actually saw the game he "pitched" against Detroit.......

You should happy.
    If Beckett pitches well, it's easier to get rid of him.

Isn't that what you want?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post!": He went 7 innings against the rangers and gave up 2 runs. That' a good start against a very.good hitting team. You are wrong.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

3 runs in 7 innings according to the stats

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : I don't think you're reading the game logs right.  The era in the game log is his era to date, not for the game.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]

oh...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : You should happy. If Beckett pitches well, it's easier to get rid of him. Isn't that what you want?
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

the other side is that if he pitches well Ben will want to keep him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a chance to write a positive Josh Beckett post! : the other side is that if he pitches well Ben will want to keep him

So, you don't want him to do well?

Good to know...

Makes the decision of ignoring the rest of your crap that much easier.