Finally figured out New RS fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Finally figured out New RS fans

New RS fans those new to the RS since 2000 and some before.

RS Fans = Multiple Personality Disorder
    Depending on the score of the game the day before the persons who appears on this forum could be Happy Harry/Harriette or Dismal Danny/Danille

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Finally figured out New RS fans

Or depending on his mood...Jovial James, Jolly Jim, or J'acussez Jima

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Finally figured out New RS fans:
    [QUOTE]New RS fans those new to the RS since 2000 and some before. RS Fans = Multiple Personality Disorder Depending on the score of the game the day before the persons who appears on this forum could be Happy Harry/Harriette or Dismal Danny/Danille
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

The big buildup for the big letdown. You're describing all fans everywhere, excepting you of course. You always hold your own when things go bad, and never get excited when things go well.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Finally figured out New RS fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally figured out New RS fans : Agree, who cares if people want to complain. Take it easy.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Griping about every player, the FO and management is every Red Sox fan's God given right. Example: I went to a Reds game thread the other night, and by the 9th inning, there were just over 50 posts. Generally, from 2-300 average on a Sox thread. Boston is just a different animal, the complaining and neurosis is part of the deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Examiner, that's why JimFla is no different than Pike. They both rail about what a good Sox fan is supposed to be, instead of being an actual, real-live, die-hard Sox fan..one that complains from pitch to pitch, from managerial decision to managerial decision, from game to game, and from loss to loss. and win to win..:-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Examiner, that's why JimFla is no different than Pike. They both rail about what a good Sox fan is supposed to be, instead of being an actual, real-live, die-hard Sox fan..one that complains from pitch to pitch, from managerial decision to managerial decision, from game to game, and from loss to loss. and win to win..:-)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

C'mon Danny now who's being pike who describing what makes a "real fan."

I'm an actual, real-life, die-hard Sox fan, but I dont complain pitch to pitch, etc.

Real fans can actually be real fans w/o turning off their brain and intelligence. Yes I'll complain and get pssed when players play lousy or the team plays lousy or the manager makes questionable moves or the team makes bad trades or signings, but I'm not in a constant state of negativity like some so-called "real fans."

Just because I choose to remain optimistic and support players and the teamin bad times w/o constantly whining and complaining doesn't make me less of a fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm being general, roy. But my point is that a lot of us wear our emotions on our sleeves when it comes to rooting for the team. Does that makes us bad fans? Of course not. This is a Sox forum. I think it was more die-hard prior to 2004, but I will say that believe it or not, I'm not really pitch to pitch, game to game either. I have my longterm opinions about a lot of players. Precisely why when JimFla did his DH thread, I took offense to it because it was a small sample size (you got to love moon for creating this superb term). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

see, roy, all fans are different and that's ok. It's calling out posters that I'm getting sick of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It has nothing to do with being a RS fan.  Some people are whiners, and some aren't.  It's in their nature.  I assume that the people that complain in here, complain in all aspects of their lives.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Joe, bullshoy....absolute bullshoy. I can vent on here and it has nothing, nothing to do with my personal life. You are so wrong about that comment, you have no idea what any of these people do or care about in their lives outside of the Red Sox. You can be the most die-hard Sox fan and be super casual as a person and with your family. Just because some are more passionate than others, doesn't mean they are pigeon-holed. For instance, I got a few fans that think I'm the most racist guy on Earth because I poke fun at the whole Monday as a slur word.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It has everything to do with being sensitive about negative opinionating by fans in here. That's what everything is about or causes the Forum division.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]see, roy, all fans are different and that's ok. It's calling out posters that I'm getting sick of.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

It can get much, but on the other hand, posters who are CONSTANTLY negative deserve the abuse IMO.

It's one thing to vent now and then. It's one thing to get mad now and then. But there are posters who do nothing but complain and whine. Do you really want to hang around with those kind of people? Do you really hang around them in real life?

If they're allowed to vent about the Sox, others are allowed to vent againt them -- especially when they spew out garbage that has not basis in fact.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Real Fans understand that baseball is a game and season of ups and downs. That this weeks 0 for 15 has nothing to do with next weeks 10 for 15. That each game is within it own station. That yesterday's loss has nothing to do with today's game. That 3K has nothing to do with the HR in the 9th inning to win the game.
    That players can not have the same output every game or the same output from year to year.

I stay on an even keel absolutely because I know that the grand slam on Friday has no effect on the same pitcher in his next outing. 
    I also believe that every player is working to be the best they can be every day.
    They have far more to lose not to be the best they can be every day. If you believe a guy is loafing you do not understand the professional athletes mind set.
    Do I believe they are perfect NO but I do know that they are not immune to every day personal issues that might affect their play. But not working at their craft every day I do not believe any player ever takes a day off.

What I don't like is "fans" who are ready to ship players out because of a bad year or injury or an 0 for 15 run or that do not understand the W & L by a pitcher does not tell the whole story.
    Some "fans" never look at stats you can tell this because when some posters show them the stats they never reply or they come back with some innane reply. 
    Last week when people were lambasting Beckett and one poster showed why his record is what it is with very in depth stats. 
    So no one that wanted Beckett gone commented on it NO one debated it. They disregarded all the information and kept on bashing Beckett.

Yeah I am even keel and have been for near 60 years

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

What a dumb thread.

If you are a negative person, and constantly complain about the red sox, you may be guilty of a lot things.  You may be guilty of being difficult to be around, you may be obnoxious, but you are still a fan.

Jim , you are dead wrong.  When I was 6 , I use to cry tears after every loss.  I may not have realized that a season is a series of ups and downs, but I was still a fan.

Bickering over what is a real fan , when its not even a real thing, has gotten rediculous.  There is no such thing as a real fan.  If you root for the red sox , you are a red sox fan.  It doesnt matter if you've played the game, criticize the team, understand the season is a series of ups or downs, blah blah blah.

There is one criteria and that is: do you root for the red sox.  Thats it.

Pike is a red sox fan, bill 806 is a red sox fan, jim from fla is a red sox fan, softlaw is a red sox fan, as is moon, as is myself.  We may not all get along.  We may not all understand the game to the same degree as others.  Some of us our optimistic, some realistic, some negative.  Some are smarter than others.  But we are all red sox fans.

Enough of this crap.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Pike, I hear what you are saying.  To me, a guy who comes here after a blowout win and complains is annoying.  He's negative, obnoxious and probably has a slew of personal problems.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say he/she probably isnt sucessful in his/her career.  The persons family life is also probably a wreck.

But if he turns on the game at 7 pm the next day, I dont question whether or not the person is a RS fan.  I question whether he/she is mentally stable, easy to be around, worth my time.  But to me, even if I dont like someone, they can still be a fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

My experience with "new" Red sox fans (defined by the OP as 2000 to the present) is exactly the opposite.

New Red Sox fans are almost terminally optimistic and happy.  They expect the Red Sox to win every year because they've experienced that their entire fan lifetime.  Two world championships and playoff runs almost every year of their lives.

So New fans just assume things are going to work out becuse the Sox always contend.

It is the old fans - those who lived through the darkness - that are much more likely to get angry when the team falters.  Old fans want nothing to do with a return of 1918 - 2003; so every set back is a potential tragedy.

Similarly, I've always laughed when people say Pink Hats = whiners.  Pink Hats don't even care who wins the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

But Pike , I do agree that it can ruin a forum.  I havent seen some of my favorite posters on here in a while.

Remember JimDavidson?  That due was awesome.  I also enjoyed Remecap.  Shuperman was an alright guy.  And the list goes on...

Also the bizarre ramblings of WoburnPaulie were awesome and are sorely missed.

I promise you that I've only used one moniker in my posting career.  However, if you ever see , "WoburnPaulieReturns" or "thewrathofwoburnpaulie" its probably me (or losmediarojas)

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Finally figured out New RS fans": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally figured out New RS fans : well said Drewski5 all of you guys that are still here are ''real fans '' it's the ones that dissapear when things get tough that could be questioned Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE] For some reason there are a lot of NYY fans in western Indiana. What annoys me about some of them is that they say they are NYY fans, but do not have YES, do not have mlbtv, only watch the team on nights they are nationally broadcasted, but then like to post smack on FB and etc. when NYY win a game or beat Boston. I don't take them as real NYY fans, and have told them so. IMO, you can't be a real fan of a team if you don't follow them on tv or radio almost daily unless your job or life situation prevents you from doing so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Many people are "bandwagon" fans that jumped on 8 years ago. I live and die with the Sox.I have never said " I am done with them". I grew up in Michigan where TSW was worshiped as much as any Tiger as long as Tigers won. Before I was married, I took my wife to see the Sox in Briggs Stadium and told her if we have a son , he will be named Ted. It happened. To this day I value watching NESN in Fla. I will never cancel my membership in the Nation. My father, wife, mother-in-law all went to the University of Michigan which outside of my family is my first love. I enjoyed Teddy, Yaz, and even Manny. Nothing will hinder my loyalty to the Sox. We all criticize because we care. If you don't care, go somewhere else.Bandwangers can jump off. I remember where I was when Bucky F. Dent hit the big one. I will always be a UM and Sox fan no matter what. I yell at the TV and get over it the next day.
      Too mahy arm chair QB'S. We all can't be Tom Brady. I saw every game he played in Ann Arbor. Many on this forumn need to get a grip. Despite my passions, I still get up positive to this day. I happened to know George the boss as he preceded me in the same military academy. We got along well and I always sat in his box in Tampa.Crepe hangers go away!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bofferific. Show bofferific's posts

I'll have to work on my complaining routine.