Fire Epstein?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Fire Epstein?

How many decent starters can you expect to sign and hide in the bullpen or AAA just in case of injuries to your starting rotation?

The Red Sox had a 9 game playoff cushion at the trade deadline.  How many prospects would you give up for Ubaldo Jimenez or Doug Fister?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Wakefield is not decent starter, and is a zero in pen.

Ramon hernandez in and Varitek out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Epstein has 1 year left on the gorilla contract. Majority would like to see Epstein replaced. My replacement is provided, supra.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Majoirty wants Epstein fired and Wakefield gone. Varitek support is weak and includes you on top. 

All surveys are valid issues. Your angry invective is a childish censorship cry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Epstein?:
    [QUOTE]I see a majority would like Epstein fired, regardless of post season results. Moonslow spamming t he thread with rants and prevarications, which resulted when he called for Ortiz to  be released and Lowell to Dh. Also, Moonslow wants Wakefied and Varitek back in 2012 and Ortiz money to be used elsewhere and Youk and Lowrie and Aviles splt Dh time and position work.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

Oh, so NOW you like democracy...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

yes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

Absolutely not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Epstein is a Yale man, so he is no dummy, however, he should find another line of work. He has become, in a word , weird. We all know about all the failures, Lackey adnauseum. But when he knew they needed pitching in reserve, he signed Millwood. Millwood pitched okay in Pawtucket, he was getting into shape basically, here's a guy who has pitched in the All Star game. gee his fastball was 86 mph. Theo lets him walk. Millwood's numbers in the rarified air of Colo are reasonable, how's Freddy Garcia doing? Millwod throws about the same as Freddy, he could have help the Sox. But OH no we get Weiland, rookie who has been pounded ever since he got here.

Theo has two catchers, neither who can throw any base stealer out. He loaded the team with Lefthanded hitters, making them vulnerable to left Handed pitching. He goes through Short Stops like Grant went through Richmond. His performance this year is bordering on crap. Should he be fired? of course. Will he be fired , no way, they sell out everynight, putting mediocrity , on the field, and charging a King's ransom to watch . people continue to buy this crap , so it will continue.

You don't like the results? vote with your feet, that's the only thing they understand.

"The more I practice, the luckier I get" Sam Snead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

How about persuading Youk to be our DH and occasional 3B/1B backup from next year, leaving 3rd for Aviles or another decent, low/medium cost right handed batter?

Youk hopefully stays healthy, invest Papi's money somewhere else, make the lineup a bit less lefty and the roster more flexible....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

You becha!!!!  He is the dumbest GM around - a sucker who overpays all the loser free agents and got rid of Red Sox who were better - read Pedro, DLowe, Freddy Sanchez, Jonny Damon, Murphy of Rangers, Masterson, Cabrera.  For Pedro and DLowe he gets fat boy Wells and Matt Clement.  Remember Nancy Drew, Julio Lugo, too many other SS busts to name, Cameron, Coco Crisp,the numerous bullpen busts, DiceK and Let em all in Lackey.  If he did not go Crawford, he could have kept Victor Martinez and Beltre.

Other than Lester - he has failed to develop any starting pitching from minors to Red Sox.  We have a lineup with as many as 6 LH batters in Fenway Park! 

This guy is a pinhead, an incompetent who should be fired after this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If Youk DH's part time we then need either the new short-stop or platoon third-baseman to be able to hit. We can absorb one no bat slick fielding infielder not two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Good point.

If the 3B, like Aviles, can play 4, 5, and 6 that effectively makes our DH the utility infielder as Youk could play 3B to allow Aviles to move over.  As much as I love Ortiz - and wouldn't mind having him back - he's dead wood on the field other than his batting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Theo Epstein was not the architect of the 2004 team and much of the 2007 team.  He's been given undue credit for those teams.     Any of the bad contracts are his doing and he needs to be held accountable.   The Sox have the capable Allard Baird in the front office to be a real general manager.

Let Theo try his luck in Chicago or wherever.  He's done enough damage here.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

ON THE ISSUE OF YOUKILIS, I AGREE WITH THE POSTERS WHO
    SAY THAT HE IS NOT A #4 HITTER. HE BASICALLY DOESN'T GO
    UP TO THE PLATE TO HIT, FROM WHAT I CAN SEE. HE GOES UP
    THERE TO MILK WALKS. WHEN THE UMPIRES RING HIM UP AND
    HE SULKS, HE STARTS SWINGING AT BAD PITCHES. IF WE COULD
    REPLACE HIM, GREAT....BUT OUR LOUSY FARM SYSTEM DOES
    NOT EVEN HAVE A THIRD BASEMAN READY FOR 2012. FROM WHAT
    I READ, MIDDLEBROOKS MAY NOT BE READY UNTIL 2013, AND
    EVEN THEN HE IS NOT SUCH A SURE THING. SO WE WILL HAVE
    TO SEE YOUK AGAIN IN 2012. WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT.
    LACKEY IS A COMPLETE BOMB, AND WE CAN'T EVEN TRADE HIM.
    I WISH WE COULD TRADE CRAWFORD FOR WELLS...BUT EVEN
    THE ANGELS AREN'T THAT STUPID... WHY WELLS ?? HOPE
    SPRINGS ETERNAL. HE WAS ONCE A PRETTY GOOD HITTER,
    AND IN FENWAY, HE CAN PLAY CENTER AND LEFT AND SINCE
    HE IS A RIGHTY, HE IS OF MORE USE IN OUR BALLPARK.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

HAVE TO AGREE WITH AUSSIEWILL !! HE MAKES PERFECT SENSE
    AND SAYS THINGS THAT I HAVE BEEN THINKING AND POSTING ALL
    YEAR. THE YANKEES ARE SMART. THEY TAILOR A TEAM TO THEIR
    BALLPARK WITH THE BANDBOX RIGHT FIELD. GRANDERSON WAS
    A GREAT STEAL FOR WHICH THEY GAVE UP NOTHING EXCEPT A
    HOT PROSPECT WHO WILL JUST BE AN ORDINARY CF IN A HUGE
    BALLPARK. TEIXEIRA, CANO, SWISHER, CHAVEZ....ARE ALL MADE
    FOR THE BRONX WITH THE LITTLE LEAGUE PORCH IN RF.
    MEANWHILE,...BACK AT FENWAY, THEO FILLS THE LINEUP WITH
    LEFTIES WHO HAVE TO HIT THE BALL NEARLY 400 FEET TO GET
    A HR. GREAT THINKING. HOW MANY RIGHTY POWER HITTERS
    DO WE HAVE ??? PEDEY ?? GOD BLESS HIM, HE REALLY TRIES,
    AND WILL HIT 15 OR 20 HRS. OFF THE MONSTER, BUT AFTER THAT
    WE HAVE NO ONE. YOUK...ARE YOU KIDDING ? HE'S NO A ROD
    OR BAUTISTA OR LONGORIA....AND THAT'S WHAT YOU NEED AT
    3B. EVEN THE ORIOLES HAVE A 3B WHO HITS ABOUT 25 HRS. A
    YR. YOUK WILL NEVER HIT 25 AGAIN. HE'S TOO BEAT UP, AND HIS
    STANCE WON'T ALLOW IT. HE IS AN OLD 32, AND SHOULDBE
    TRADE BAIT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sox signed Lackey because they thought Beckett's days were numbered, Lackey was indeed signed to be #2.... somehow people here have twisted the facts into Lackey was supposed to be a 3 or 4.

Crawford was signed because the FO did not believe in Elles, and now look.

These are Theo's mistakes and nobody else.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Sox signed Lackey because they thought Beckett's days were numbered, Lackey was indeed signed to be #2.... somehow people here have twisted the facts into Lackey was supposed to be a 3 or 4. Crawford was signed because the FO did not believe in Elles, and now look. These are Theo's mistakes and nobody else.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Not really.  They signed Lackey and Beckett in the same off-season.  I doubt they signed Lackey because they thought Beckett's days were numbered, and then decided to extend Beckett anyway.

IRT CC, the signing probably had something to do with the fact that we needed a LF and he was the best available.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

wrong on both counts. These are my long standing opinions and I have heard them backed on several sports shows, and in print more than once. Was not Becket renewed in the spring of 2010, how were both pitchers signed in the same year? 

They signed Lackey in late 2009 under the pretense that Beckett would not be extended, they changed their minds.

Elles is as good as gone, Crawford took his money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]wrong on both counts. These are my long standing opinions and I have heard them backed on several sports shows. 

But why, if they thought his days were numbered, would they extend Beckett?

And he had just come off of an AS year.  How is it possible that someone said, 'Beckett is an AS, but we think he's finished, so let's extend him'?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Something changed in 5 months in their minds that is all. Lackey absolutely was signed to be the #2 starter behind Lester. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]Sox signed Lackey because they thought Beckett's days were numbered, Lackey was indeed signed to be #2.... somehow people here have twisted the facts into Lackey was supposed to be a 3 or 4. Crawford was signed because the FO did not believe in Elles, and now look. These are Theo's mistakes and nobody else.

Hitting the wine jug heavy tonight Burrito?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Something changed in 5 months in their minds that is all. Lackey absolutely was signed to be the #2 starter behind Lester. 

It wasn't five months.  My understanding from everything I've read is that the Beckett and Lackey contracts were arrived of at the same time, but Beckett signing didn't take place until the season started for luxury tax purposes, same as Gonzo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Theo has two catchers, neither who can throw any base stealer out. He loaded the team with Lefthanded hitters, making them vulnerable to left Handed pitching. He goes through Short Stops like Grant went through Richmond. His performance this year is bordering on crap. Should he be fired? of course. Will he be fired , no way, they sell out everynight, putting mediocrity , on the field, and charging a King's ransom to watch . people continue to buy this crap , so it will continue.

Bingo!

Lackey was signed in case Beckett left via FA. Not to replace Beckett.

Crawford was signed because management made the 2010 decision not to pay Ellsbury's FA years. If it was just to find a long term corner OFer, they would have signed Holliday or Werth.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Two birds of the same feather - Burrito and Softlaw.