Fire Lucchino!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CWM. Show CWM's posts

Fire Lucchino!

Why does John Henry meet with Bobby V and Cherington in a closed door session?
    Lucchino is the mad architect that ran off Epstein and Francona and has made getting under the salary cap his one goal. Get rid of him and put winning at the top.
    That's what we deserve

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Fire Lucchino!

Agreed!

But what is this meeting you speak of? Any article or something so I can get a few details? If he's having a meeting to talk about the trouble with the baseball team without the guy that runs the baseball operations, something is seriously wrong.

Lucchino hired BOTH Cherrington and Valentine. Those are HIS guys, if they are a problem and need to go, the first to go ought to be Lucchino.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The meeting was between the majority owner the GM and manager. Making it obvious to me that JH is making the decisions not LL.

I find it funy that one owner (LL) gets all the blame and he is not even the majority owner. All decisions hiring and firing of mgrs and GM must go thru the majority owner. I also doubt very much that Tom Werner is sitting in the back ground saying nothing.The FO in total including BC must fix what is wrong and that does not come down to one or two players.

LL is the guy who may have run of TE and TF but he is also the guy that brought them in.

BTW
    Yesterdays game had nothing to do with any of the players who were involved with last years clubhouse issues. So using that as an excuse by fans is a dumb post.

The team has scored runs it is the BP that is bad.

I trust they will fix it and soon

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Lucchino!:
    [QUOTE]The meeting was between the majority owner the GM and manager. Making it obvious to me that JH is making the decisions not LL. I find it funy that one owner (LL) gets all the blame and he is not even the majority owner. All decisions hiring and firing of mgrs and GM must go thru the majority owner. I also doubt very much that Tom Werner is sitting in the back ground saying nothing.The FO in total including BC must fix what is wrong and that does not come down to one or two players. LL is the guy who may have run of TE and TF but he is also the guy that brought them in. BTW Yesterdays game had nothing to do with any of the players who were involved with last years clubhouse issues. So using that as an excuse by fans is a dumb post. The team has scored runs it is the BP that is bad. I trust they will fix it and soon
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]Good post Jim......  Changes will be coming Soooooner, rather than later......  Got everyones ATTENTION ( $$$$$) yesterday !!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Fire Lucchino!:
    [QUOTE]Why does John Henry meet with Bobby V and Cherington in a closed door session? Lucchino is the mad architect that ran off Epstein and Francona and has made getting under the salary cap his one goal. Get rid of him and put winning at the top. That's what we deserve
    Posted by CWM[/QUOTE]You do realize that LL is one of the owners right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

It's too bad Francona and Theo didn't run him out of Boston rather than the other way around.  I am sure the team would be in MUCH BETTER off without Lucchino than it is with him.

Larry was probably too busy talking to his boys in the media like Cafardo to attend a meeting to discuss problems he himself is responsible for.  There was NO ONE in Major League Baseball offering Valentine a job....except Larry Boy.

No doubt Lucchoino was dictating the next in the Cafardo series of "This is all Ben Cherington's fault Columns".

If Henry and Warner continues to fall for this, they deserve everything bad that will happen to the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Fire Lucchino! : You do realize that LL is one of the owners right?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Forget it, he's rolling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Lucchino! : Forget it, he's rolling.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]Kinda like when the germans bombed Pearl harbor. Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Lucchino! : Kinda like when the germans bombed Pearl harbor.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    I was confident you'd catch that!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

FYI my understanding is Lucchino was at that meeting also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I get the point that Lucchino is 1/3 of the owners, and not the majority.

However, Henry has stated publicly that Lucchino "runs the baseball operations". So, either he's lying (which he definitely has in the past to try and save face), or he really is a hands-off, checkbook only owner, which he kind of seems to be at times. All three of these guys love to try and dance around the truth and come out looking good. It hasn't worked on many people.

Either way, I've been very critical of the whole ownership group. Don't like 'em. Don't want 'em. Don't need 'em.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I get the point that Lucchino is 1/3 of the owners, and not the majority. However, Henry has stated publicly that Lucchino "runs the baseball operations". So, either he's lying (which he definitely has in the past to try and save face), or he really is a hands-off, checkbook only owner, which he kind of seems to be at times. All three of these guys love to try and dance around the truth and come out looking good. It hasn't worked on many people. Either way, I've been very critical of the whole ownership group. Don't like 'em. Don't want 'em. Don't need 'em.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
    None of us are defending the owners. Just pointing out the obvious: That you can't fire owners.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

He can be fired from his position though can't he?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]He can be fired from his position though can't he?  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    As co-owner?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

The GM and managerhave to be on the same page. This was disaster in the making as these two are like oil and water.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Fire Lucchino!:
    [QUOTE]Why does John Henry meet with Bobby V and Cherington in a closed door session? Lucchino is the mad architect that ran off Epstein and Francona and has made getting under the salary cap his one goal. Get rid of him and put winning at the top. That's what we deserve
    Posted by CWM[/QUOTE]Epstein had relatively free reign here and the 25 man roster reflects the depth of minor league system (or lack there of) under Theo and is laded down with a lot of dead money that Theo spent. Short of rewarding Epstein after the 2011 with a multi year deal and more power for the Carl Crawford and John Lackey contracts, there was no way to keep Epstein.

While the way Francona was trashed in the media about his marital problems and use of pain medicine was off base, no manager in sports that was at the helm for a September like Tito had was going to have a two year contract option picked up.  

It isn't a salary cap BTW, it is a luxury tax threshold and the NYY just like the RS are making moves to ensure that they will be below the tax threshold by 2014.

You may find this hard to believe but the RS 2012 opening day payroll was $175M. In 2011 it was $164M.