Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez?

Problem is that Boston will have to trade Scutaro.  Florida wont take him if they sign Reyes.  So therefore, Boston will need to find a third team to make it happen. Who that would be?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez?

Can we please forget Hanley Ramirez...he has a terrible attitude (Mannyish) and the last thing this team needs is another prima donna.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ......  THERE WILL BE NO MORE DESPICABLE RAMIREZ'S ON THIS TEAM !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If the Phillies lose Rollins to FA--they will need a SS.
    or better yet keep Scu at SS and play Hanley at third or in CF if the Sox trade Ells for someone like Hanley or Gio Gonzales.

If Hanley comes and you are worried about attitude( what attitude problem does he have) keep Ortiz as the DH.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

How you can assume that he will have no problem playing 3B or CF if he have never try playing in these two position before.  I know there is no way he can play CF.  I think LF is an ideal position for him to play, but moving Crawford to RF is another problem for the team.  

I agree that he is another Manny's attitude guy, but if he play on a better team where he can see his team to get into a post season often, I think he will have one of the better attitude on the team!!

Alot of guys who got traded from Florida already started as a "BAD boy" type of a player such as M. Cabrera of Detriot, D-Train, Beckett, Hanley, etc.  I just do think the city of Miami have alot of influence on their behaviors over there!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

No. We already have a SS, a.k.a., Marco Scutaro.
    The SS Ramirez sailed long ago, and another is about depart, the SS Iglesias.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]Problem is that Boston will have to trade Scutaro.  Florida wont take him if they sign Reyes.  So therefore, Boston will need to find a third team to make it happen. Who that would be?  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Who that would be? No person. Any team haven't want a 36 old SS except the Red Sox Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If the Marlins get Reyes,they're going to move Ramirez to 3rd.They're not going to trade him and the Sox don't need his attitude. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Hanley's defense is about the same as Scutaro, but have a better throwing arm and an easily four time better hitter than Scutaro.

A-Gonz need protection especially a right handed hitter.  Having Hanley and A-Gonz hitting next to each other will remind of the Papi and Manny!!!!

Another ideal trade is to trade Crawford for Hanley.  Right now Florida need pitching and OF.  But I do think that Florida would like to ask Boston to take a bad contract such as Josh Johnson or Ricky Nolasco

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I'm ok with hanley playing short or third.  Scutaro can be the super inf sub, allowing for the trade of lowrie, aviles, or youk(1 or 2 of these 3).  Hanley was a great player, but he had a bad year last year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]  Ben should try to trade for Hanley. Hanley would be a major upgrade at short. Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes, report says
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

The report says the Marlins are interested? I'm sure that there's 28 other teams that are interested. So it's a bit of a leap to go from interested to the actual signing of, to then trading away a middle of the order bat who's under the teams control. In a season where they're making ready to move into a new ball park...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez? : Who that would be? No person. Any team haven't want a 36 old SS except the Red Sox Boston.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

You re right, but still not too many team want to spend over 10 million dollars or more a year to Fucal, Reyes, Barnes and Rollins.  The next five talent SS's is probably going to ask around 4 to 8 million or more a year for at least possible for 2 to 3 years such as Alex Gonzelez, Izturiz, McDonald, Santigo, etc.  The reason is that because the SS free agency have more talents for that postion available than all other positions.  

Also, there are teams that already have SS in the farm system where he could be ready to play in 2013 season such as Mets, Braves, etc.   Meaning that one of these team can try to get Scutaro as a one year rental instead having a harder time to convince the next group of SS after the top four to five SS to take a cheap contract such as to take one year contract or lower money.

So therefore I do think Scutaro is tradable!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

You want to bring in a guy with a horrible attitude, who already got one Manager fired with his prima donna disrespect and bring him into the Sox clubhouse issues that they are trying to correct?

Not to mention that his team is moving him off SS because he can't field the position?

Uh, brilliant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Can we please STOP the Hanley Ramirez talks!?

You people give me a headache!  The same people here calling for a change in the clubhouse culture are also the same MORONS begging the Sox to add a major clubhouse malcontent! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]You want to bring in a guy with a horrible attitude, who already got one Manager fired with his prima donna disrespect and bring him into the Sox clubhouse issues that they are trying to correct? Not to mention that his team is moving him off SS because he can't field the position? Uh, brilliant.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Anyone who is getting Reyes at the same time this team already have SS will move him to elsewhere anyway!!  Reyes is one of the best defensive SS and hitter in today MLB, but the problem for him is that he is an often injure prone player!!

Also per reading Miamiherald.com, I do not see anything about Florida is going to trade Hanley.  More likely that they will keep him, and play him in CF or 3B.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE] Right now Florida need pitching and OF.  But I do think that Florida would like to ask Boston to take a bad contract such as Josh Johnson or Ricky Nolasco
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Lost all faith in your posts today...You say that Florida needs pitching yet go on to say they would like to get rid of the bad contracts of their #1 and #2 starters that they just inked to new contracts - Johnson and Nulasko are their only good pitchers yet you think they want to get rid of them after just signing them????? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]If the Phillies lose Rollins to FA--they will need a SS. or better yet keep Scu at SS and play Hanley at third or in CF if the Sox trade Ells for someone like Hanley or Gio Gonzales. If Hanley comes and you are worried about attitude( what attitude problem does he have) keep Ortiz as the DH.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous, UTTERLY ridiculous. I don't just refer to the idea above, as bad as it is, it's actually decent compared to some of the others I've read on here. I cannot believe some of the silly to stupid trade ideas that I've seen on this board over the past 4 weeks. Everyone with an idea about how to proceed, and very few of them having any merit. I say very little about trades because---like most of you---I have at best a partial idea what the FO is up to, and what factors they are considering. It's like 100,000 GM's out here, with one bad idea after another. Change just for the sake of change, "lets clean house!" etc. so some poster can say "hey, look they're doing what I said...". How about THIS? How about we sit here and check BDC every day to see what the actual team decides to do? Since our "trade ideas" have no effect at all on what will happen, it's better to keep quiet about it and not look like a fool. No matter what happens, there's always going to be a softy, or an andrewmitch, or a pike, or whoever that says it's a bad idea. Furthermore, since events can only actually transpire in ONE way, no matter which way they fall, there will always be someone who advocated the opposite decision who will say "see, I told you it wouldn't work out." I have enough brains to say that I really don't know what the Red Sox should do specifically, and it's not my responsibility to know. RF, a starting pitchter, some bullpen help? Yeah, but as to who and all the factors that go into trades and signing FA's? I don't kow--that's why I'm here and somebody else is GM on Yawkee way.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez? : Ridiculous, UTTERLY ridiculous. I don't just refer to the idea above, as bad as it is, it's actually decent compared to some of the others I've read on here. I cannot believe some of the silly to stupid trade ideas that I've seen on this board over the past 4 weeks. Everyone with an idea about how to proceed, and very few of them having any merit. I say very little about trades because---like most of you---I have at best a partial idea what the FO is up to, and what factors they are considering. It's like 100,000 GM's out here, with one bad idea after another. Change just for the sake of change, "lets clean house!" etc. so some poster can say "hey, look they're doing what I said...". How about THIS? How about we sit here and check BDC every day to see what the actual team decides to do? Since our "trade ideas" have no effect at all on what will happen, it's better to keep quiet about it and not look like a fool. No matter what happens, there's always going to be a softy, or an andrewmitch, or a pike, or whoever that says it's a bad idea. Furthermore, since events can only actually transpire in ONE way, no matter which way they fall, there will always be someone who advocated the opposite decision who will say "see, I told you it wouldn't work out." I have enough brains to say that I really don't know what the Red Sox should do specifically, and it's not my responsibility to know. RF, a starting pitchter, some bullpen help? Yeah, but as to who and all the factors that go into trades and signing FA's? I don't kow--that's why I'm here and somebody else is GM on Yawkee way.   
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

+1SealedYell...not the least of which are all the trade Beckett tirades, when sox need another starter with Dice k and Lackey out for the 2012 season.

speaking of GM's Exam, if you haven't seen moneyball, I highly recommend it.
     I stopped going to movies years ago because they never failed to disappoint, but not this time. well worth the time and money

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez? : Lost all faith in your posts today...You say that Florida needs pitching yet go on to say they would like to get rid of the bad contracts of their #1 and #2 starters that they just inked to new contracts - Johnson and Nulasko are their only good pitchers yet you think they want to get rid of them after just signing them????? 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

For your information, these two pitchers were one of the worst two pitchers on the staffs for the 2011 season.  Reason is that Josh only pitched 9 games in 2011 due to shoulder injury (also had a T.J surgery in the past) and Nolasco have the highest ERA among these staffs.  Both are making more money than any starting pitching staffs on the roster.  By trading one of them to free up money to get a left handed pitchers such as Buehrle, Wilson, etc cuz they do not have any left handed pitchers on the starting rotation.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Not only do we have to trade Scutaro, but we would likely have to trade Iglesias as well, no???  Hanley is a great player and I would LOVE to have him on the team.....but why not dream about trades that would fill positions we REALLY need to fill.... like...ahh....err...um starting pitching/right field???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

There are better SS's out there than Ramirez; Y Escobar, Tulo, A. Cabrera, Andrus, just to name a few.
    We have our SS of the future, but the future is now, and most of you don't want to take a chance on him.
    Mark my words, he'll be traded away, just like Ramirez was, and we'll see him blossom into another O Smith defensively, and perhaps a Jeter-like hitter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Florida Marlins interested in Jose Reyes/Should Ben try to trade for Hanley Ramirez? : +1 ...not the least of which are all the trade Beckett tirades, when sox need another starter with Dice k and Lackey out for the 2012 season. speaking of GM's Exam, if you haven't seen moneyball, I highly recommend it.  I stopped going to movies years ago because they never failed to disappoint, but not this time. well worth the time and money
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Know what you mean, I rarely go to the movies either. Too much crap. I'll keep your recommendation in mind, I'll check it out sometime. But yeah, the "trade Beckett", "trade Ellsbury" stuff is wearing thin. That's why I went off here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Not only do we have to trade Scutaro, but we would likely have to trade Iglesias as well, no???  Hanley is a great player and I would LOVE to have him on the team.....but why not dream about trades that would fill positions we REALLY need to fill.... like...ahh....err...um starting pitching/right field???
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

ct, some of them on here wanted to trade our entire team for the Orioles team that last day. Remember? If the FO watched this forum and did a tenth of the things suggested, the Red Sox would never win a game.