For all you Joe Buck Hataz ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

For all you Joe Buck Hataz ...

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/01/31/watch-joe-buck-get-attacked-mercilessly-by-angry-new-york-sports/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: For all you Joe Buck Hataz ...

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't think it was that funny, except for the guy who only knew four english words,  F U Joe Buck. LOL.  

That said while I'm not a Buck guy he is a real human being and not just a stuck up broadcaster. I once criticized him on Twitter (I can't remember why) and he responded back to me personally saying he had meant to be sarcastic, he handled it well and I was impressed. 

Bottom line I don't think he thinks he's better than other people which is kind of unusual in his position

[/QUOTE]

I actually like his call.  I just wish he didn't always have such putzes working color along side him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/01/31/watch-joe-buck-get-attacked-mercilessly-by-angry-new-york-sports/

[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty funny, especially the St. Louis guy at the end.

Joe Buck is OK. I think the bias stuff is blown out of proportion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Broadcasting, like professional sports, is a business. Fox would not give World Series and Super Bowl assignments to Buck, if they had any doubts about his ability. They have too much money invested in these telecasts. Some Sox fans just have a thing against Buck and other network announcers. I guess it is their way of supporting Boston announcers. No big deal. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The bias stuff with Buck as a national broadcaster is not blown out of proportion.

His approach would be much better served as the Cardinals announcer where being a homer is just fine, just like Remy and Orsillo are Sox homers.

Of course, Buch was made to look even worse with "Idiot" McCarver working with him for so many years.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I must be easily amused.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was 100% staged, where is the humor? The old Candid Camera episodes were a thousand times funnier.

[/QUOTE]

Of course it was staged. It was still pretty funny. Being staged does not mean it can't be funny.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Obviously staged but still pretty funny. Buck doesn't bother me the way he does some of the posters here. If announcers start to bother me, I just turn off the sound.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Who cares if Buck is biased?  It's not like it affects the outcome of anything.  If you want to hear more pro-Sox stuff during national broadcasts, turn down the volume on th TV on the turn on the radio.   Like we all did for Celtics games in the 1980's, just to hear Johnny Most (who clearly was always watching a much, much more exciting game than I was.)

And besides, Buck absolutely NAILED the greatest call in Sox team history.  "Damon rounds third!! And he can run all the way to New York.  We're going to game six!!"   That call made that part of the greatest comeback ever even more memorable

And for that call alone, Buck gets a free pass in my book.  Even ten years later.  

(Wow.  It has been 10 years!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares if Buck is biased?  It's not like it affects the outcome of anything.  If you want to hear more pro-Sox stuff during national broadcasts, turn down the volume on th TV on the turn on the radio.   Like we all did for Celtics games in the 1980's, just to hear Johnny Most (who clearly was always watching a much, much more exciting game than I was.)

And besides, Buck absolutely NAILED the greatest call in Sox team history.  "Damon rounds third!! And he can run all the way to New York.  We're going to game six!!"   That call made that part of the greatest comeback ever even more memorable

And for that call alone, Buck gets a free pass in my book.  Even ten years later.  

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that was a perfect call by Buck. However you have to remember that was when the Red Sox were a team that hadn't won in 86 years. That team was good business, and if they won, so be it. Those lovable losers finally win one. That was a mere blip on the landscape. Truly. The win on '07 sent a shockwave through baseball. Yeah, they got one but now 2??? No no no. The collapse in '11 finally put the "lovable losers" back where they belong. Then the '13 Sox came by.  Verlander gets his second chance and Sherzer, boy he is awesome. Ouch. Didn't happen. Then the Cards.  Massive shockwave. 3 now? Yeah not good. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I don't like Buck but not becasue I think he is biased. That opinion comes from fans paranoia. I just don't like his style. Nothing personal.