Forget Iglesias, He Can't Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Forget Iglesias, He Can't Hit

In response to Modano9009's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't seen him play yet. Pedroia was pretty bad when he was called up in 2006 and the first 6 weeks of 2007. But I think Pedroia was a better hitter in AAA, numbers wise. Is there any reason to think Iglesias is going to hit once he adjusts to MLB?

[/QUOTE]

It was 21 games in 2007.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they should start him next year and let him learn while hes here. This team should be able to make up for his weak bat. There is nobody ready in the minors, Bogaerts and Marrero being the closest. At least Iggy will save a bunch of runs to partially make up for his lack of offense. And who knows, come may or June he could surprise is a little...

[/QUOTE]

That about sums my position up, southpaw.  You give him the job because he is the best alternative to hold the fort until Marrero or Bogaerts takes it away. 

But all those who think that Iglesias will win games with his glove have a good test of their theory.  How did the Sox do once they put Iggy into the lineup and  sat Aviles?  I think they won 7 and lost 22 after September 1st.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they should start him next year and let him learn while hes here. This team should be able to make up for his weak bat. There is nobody ready in the minors, Bogaerts and Marrero being the closest. At least Iggy will save a bunch of runs to partially make up for his lack of offense. And who knows, come may or June he could surprise is a little...

[/QUOTE]

That about sums my position up, southpaw.  You give him the job because he is the best alternative to hold the fort until Marrero or Bogaerts takes it away. 

But all those who think that Iglesias will win games with his glove have a good test of their theory.  How did the Sox do once they put Iggy into the lineup and  sat Aviles?  I think they won 7 and lost 22 after September 1st.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. Unless the team has a lot of talent along side him, he's not a help. Bogaerts on the other hand can hit, at least he has hit at similar levels much better.  I'd guess if he was thrown in the SS position right now, he'd hit significantly better (like Machado for example).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I figured I'd bring this back to the forefront.  All of you bashers who were defending keeping Iggy as the SS this coming season. Oops.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I figured I'd bring this back to the forefront.  All of you bashers who were defending keeping Iggy as the SS this coming season. Oops.

[/QUOTE]

i don't mind either way. signing drew is a win-win. we get a boost at the SS position (on paper) and if it doesn't work out we can just slot iggy back in... in the meantime iggy toils in AAA and learns how to hit minor leaguers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FantaSox. Show FantaSox's posts

Iglesias will hit, he has tremendous coordination and quick wrists. He needs

some more atbats. The kid is so good defensively he will square the

baseball, just give him a chance. Pedroia is the perfect example I remember

this board, posters screaming that Pedroia will never hit, well we all know

how he turned out. Iglesias will hit. The only thing is will Xander improve

alot defensively or will he have to be moved to another position? That kid

will definatelly hit. Did you guys see Dempster he sounds great very smart

funny a breath of fresh air will loosen the other pitchers up, very much needed

with our bunch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to FantaSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iglesias will hit, he has tremendous coordination and quick wrists. He needs

some more atbats. The kid is so good defensively he will square the

baseball, just give him a chance. Pedroia is the perfect example I remember

this board, posters screaming that Pedroia will never hit, well we all know

how he turned out. Iglesias will hit. The only thing is will Xander improve

alot defensively or will he have to be moved to another position? That kid

will definatelly hit. Did you guys see Dempster he sounds great very smart

funny a breath of fresh air will loosen the other pitchers up, very much needed

with our bunch.

[/QUOTE]

still don't know about him in the majors yet though. He hasn't really hit consistently in AAA yet. hes only 22, we can afford to let him refine his game and have Drew on a made good deal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

In response to FantaSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iglesias will hit

[/QUOTE]

LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Some get better, some don't

Ozzie Smith  

OPS  MLB  22yo, 23yo,....      623   522   589   549   653   657  684   716   

Omar Vizquel  

OPS MLB  22, 23,....    534   593   595   692   618   650   684   779

Mark Belanger 

OPS MLB 23, 24,....   442   520   696   562    685   482   564   598  

Rey Ordonez

OPS  24 (AAA), MLB 25, 26     554   592   510   577   636   504   635 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So everyone who disagrees with you is a basher? Got it...