Francona must do this!!!(READ+THOUGHTS PLEASE)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

Francona must do this!!!(READ+THOUGHTS PLEASE)

vs LHP

Scutaro SS
    Lowrie 3B
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis DH
    Mcdonald RF
    Varitek C
    Elsbury CF (or Cam)
    Crawford LF (This guy is being paid too much to platoon)

vs RHP

Lowrie SS
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Crawford LF
    Ortiz DH
    Drew RF
    Varitek C
    Elsbury CF

this is Lowries break out year for sure, he knows Iglesias is near. He's not going to give up the SS job without a fight. You shold never bat Drew vs LHP (use Cam on occasions and Darnell most of the time). Crawford needs to bat 5th vs RHP to get on base for Ortiz(maybe they won't shift him as much with crawford on). Elsbury should never lead off. I'd much rather have OBP guys like Scutaro and Lowrie at the top. The way Pedroia is hitting, you need to bat him 3rd vs LHP, they fear him. Flip over Gonzalez when a RHP is on. Saltalasuckia is a backup right now. point blank.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: Francona must do this!!!(READ+THOUGHTS PLEASE)

Lowrie isn't a SS. Unless you are defensive whiz, you have no business playing everyday SS. Iglesias would be the first real SS the Red Sox have had since Gonzo. The Red Sox have serious catching issues and need a solid young RH OF'er. 

Note: Scutaro has the two biggest RBI hits of the early season, not Lowrie. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

In Response to Re: Francona must do this!!!(READ+THOUGHTS PLEASE):
    [QUOTE]Lowrie isn't a SS. Unless you are defensive whiz, you have no business playing everyday SS. Iglesias would be the first real SS the Red Sox have had since Gonzo. The Red Sox have serious catching issues and need a solid young RH OF'er.  Note: Scutaro has the two biggest RBI hits of the early season, not Lowrie. 
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Lowrie is a servicable SS and that is why you platoon him and Scutaro at SS. Lowrie plays 3B vs lefties when ortiz sits and Youk DHs. The kid needs more at bats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Lowrie most definitely is a shortstop, and the Sox have done fine without a "defensive whiz" at the position. Right now a good hitting SS, Lowrie, would be very useful.  Iglesias would not. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

Why did Cameron, Lowrie, and Tek sit yesterday against a lefty? How can Tito make decisions like this? I'm not one of those guys that come to these threads to whine but you cannot have Lowrie sitting when he's currently the best hitter on a  team that isn't hitting. This is an embarrassing situation made worse by a manager that won't take the initiative. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I hate to say this but does anyone feel like Lowrie can be a better hitter than Ortiz?  I think Lowrie is looking at 3B with Youk at DH vs. most lefties.  That or Lowrie takes the DH and Youk remains at 3B.  Either way, Francona has to get Lowrie in the lineup and keep him there.  At least for now.  He's hitting too well right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Road-Warrior. Show Road-Warrior's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to say this but does anyone feel like Lowrie can be a better hitter than Ortiz?  I think Lowrie is looking at 3B with Youk at DH vs. most lefties.  That or Lowrie takes the DH and Youk remains at 3B.  Either way, Francona has to get Lowrie in the lineup and keep him there.  At least for now.  He's hitting too well right now.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Hey Clown
    Still have the Sox winning 114 games?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmini. Show mrmini's posts

Francona,,, quit now. I'm not second guessing you all I'm saying that you NEVER<NEVER<NEVER make the right move. You are getting paid to make good decisions and you are not capable. This is the 3rd yr in a row these guys
    came out of Spring traning unprepared. This yr 2-10, last yr 4-9, the yr before 2-6. You are a lazy phoney. What do you teach anyway??? Not the pitchers,
    not the infilders, not the OF. We do not have one OF assist yet,,, these guys
    are not ready and I'll gurantee they will have better spring traning in the
    future. I was there @ every game,,, I never saw Lester even pitch. You never once got off your lazy butt and went to the mound to say a word to ANY pitcher. You're getting beat coming out the chute every game.
    Stop reading the head lines,,, 115 game winning season. I think you better
    stop pacifying your GM and playing these guys he signed to make him look
    good,,, i,e Drew, Scutoro, Salty. The big bosses are running out of patience too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Salty is not there yet as a regular major league catcher - can't call pitches, can't hold runners, can't bat - that pretty much is the job description for a catcher, and he sucks in all of them.  Don't know what Theo was seeing in Salty all these years.  No stat to back this guy.

Even if Tek hits under 0.100, and cannot hold any runner, I would take just for the play calling.  Aren't the 2 wins so far with him behind the plate.

Where did this Young come from to be pitching coach.  Except for Beckett's one appearance, this pitching coach has reduced this seemingly good rotation and bull pen into minor league stuff.  At some point he needs to take responsibility, or Tito should, or Theo.

OK, may be too early to react.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona must do this!!!(READ+THOUGHTS PLEASE) : Hey Clown Still have the Sox winning 114 games?
    Posted by Road-Warrior[/QUOTE]

Hey, clown. Have any other SB threads you want to start? 

Btw, why don't you ever post under your real name?  I mean does anyone really believe you come here to only say about five words in every post?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

How does changing your batting order help when the pitchers are giving up close to 7 runs a game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

so francoma goes with 

Lowrie SS
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Ortiz DH
    Cameron RF
    Varitek C
    McDonald LF
    Ellsbury CF

looks like someone read this thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to say this but does anyone feel like Lowrie can be a better hitter than Ortiz?  I think Lowrie is looking at 3B with Youk at DH vs. most lefties.  That or Lowrie takes the DH and Youk remains at 3B.  Either way, Francona has to get Lowrie in the lineup and keep him there.  At least for now.  He's hitting too well right now.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

imo, im more comfortable with Lowrie at third and Youk at DH. From this day forth, Lowrie will most likely play 4-5 gms a week seeing time at SS,3B while Youk DH like you said. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

[QUOTE]I think the biggest problem with your LH lineup is that DHing Youk makes it hard to get Papi into the game if they bring in a righty.  I'd say keep Youk at 3rd, put Lowrie at SS, DH McDonald & put Cameron in right.  If they bring in a righty, you can PH Papi for McDonald without losing the DH.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

good point, but Lowrie must play

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3aca5cf83f-0d0c-4f71-b802-8132bc8de6e5&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:ca5cf83f-0d0c-4f71-b802-8132bc8de6e5Post:288925cd-6c23-48d5-892d-e3b5c7a6aa85">Re: Francona must do this!!!(READ+THOUGHTS PLEASE):
    I think the biggest problem with your LH lineup is that DHing Youk makes it hard to get Papi into the game if they bring in a righty.  I'd say keep Youk at 3rd, put Lowrie at SS, DH McDonald & put Cameron in right.  If they bring in a righty, you can PH Papi for McDonald without losing the DH.
    Posted by slomag

good point, but Lowrie must play

Just PH Papi for Salty and bring VTek in, PH Papi for DMac and bring in Drew or Crawford, or PH Papi for Scutaro an moveJed to SS and lose the DH for an inning or two.

Yes, the idea has merit, but resting Youk at DH for some of the games has a lot of plus side to it as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3aca5cf83f-0d0c-4f71-b802-8132bc8de6e5&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:ca5cf83f-0d0c-4f71-b802-8132bc8de6e5Post:288925cd-6c23-48d5-892d-e3b5c7a6aa85 " /> Re: Francona must do this!!!(READ+THOUGHTS PLEASE) : I think the biggest problem with your LH lineup is that DHing Youk makes it hard to get Papi into the game if they bring in a righty.  I'd say keep Youk at 3rd, put Lowrie at SS, DH McDonald & put Cameron in right.  If they bring in a righty, you can PH Papi for McDonald without losing the DH. Posted by slomag good point, but Lowrie must play Just PH Papi for Salty and bring VTek in, PH Papi for DMac and bring in Drew or Crawford, or PH Papi for Scutaro an moveJed to SS and lose the DH for an inning or two. Yes, the idea has merit, but resting Youk at DH for some of the games has a lot of plus side to it as well.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

exactly, Youk at DH has alot of upside vs LHP