Francona told Torre he'd talk to Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Francona told Torre he'd talk to Beckett

From WEEI

Red Sox manager Terry Francona, in his weekly appearance on The Big Show, said that he discussed the deliberate pace of Sunday night's Red Sox-Yankees game with MLB executive vice president of baseball operations Joe Torre. In that contest, Josh Beckett's times to home plate were well in excess of normal, something that Francona suggesed reflected the humidity and Beckett's discomfort at times on the mound. Even so, the Sox manager agreed after talking to Torre -- his former counterpart for years with the Yankees -- to address the topic with his pitcher.

"He was working slow," said Francona. "I promised [Torre] that I would kind of give [Beckett] a kick in the pants."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Francona told Torre he'd talk to Beckett-Why?

What he says in public, and what he actually says to Beckett, could be two things entirely.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, seems to be a classic Francona double-speak-winky-wink to diffuse any potential problems.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Francona told Torre he'd talk to Beckett-Why?:
    [QUOTE]Leave Beckett alone! From WEEI Red Sox manager Terry Francona, in his weekly appearance on The Big Show, said that he discussed the deliberate pace of Sunday night's Red Sox-Yankees game with MLB executive vice president of baseball operations Joe Torre. In that contest, Josh Beckett's times to home plate were well in excess of normal, something that Francona suggesed reflected the humidity and Beckett's discomfort at times on the mound. Even so, the Sox manager agreed after talking to Torre -- his former counterpart for years with the Yankees -- to address the topic with his pitcher. "He was working slow," said Francona. "I promised [Torre] that I would kind of give [Beckett] a kick in the pants."
    Posted by Mr.Bump[/QUOTE]

If the league rule between pitches is 12 seconds and Josh is taking 30 it's a reasonable request by Torre and he is only doing his job.  With that said, it should be done across the board to any pitcher in question.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

And honestly he should mention to Beckett to watch it a little bit. Other wise the umps will start calling balls on him when he holds the ball over 12 seconds. It is a very loosely enforced rule but it is a rule and can be enforced and would be if MLB felt that the RS were telling them to get stuffed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Tito: Hey, Becks, can I talk to you for a minute?
    Josh: Yeah, sure, man, what's up?
    Tito: About the game Sunday night...
    Josh: Yeah?
    Tito: Good job, son - keep up the good work. 
    Josh: Oh.  OK.  Thanks, man!

*waits for Beckett to leave, picks up phone*

Tito: Hey, Joe..yeah, I talked to him.
    Joe: Thanks, buddy.
    Tito: Hey, anything for you, old friend!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Francona told Torre he'd talk to Beckett

the irony.....Torre talking to Francona about the length of sox/yankee gamesSealed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Francona told Torre he'd talk to Beckett-Why?:
    [QUOTE]Tito: Hey, Becks, can I talk to you for a minute? Josh: Yeah, sure, man, what's up? Tito: About the game Sunday night... Josh: Yeah? Tito: Good job, son - keep up the good work.  Josh: Oh.  OK.  Thanks, man! *waits for Beckett to leave, picks up phone* Tito: Hey, Joe..yeah, I talked to him. Joe: Thanks, buddy. Tito: Hey, anything for you, old friend!
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]LOL...nice Yosh...:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Did Torre also tell Tito the merits of lapband surgery for Wakefield?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Francona told Torre he'd talk to Beckett-Why?:
    [QUOTE]Tito: Hey, Becks, can I talk to you for a minute? Josh: Yeah, sure, man, what's up? Tito: About the game Sunday night... Josh: Yeah? Tito: Good job, son - keep up the good work.  Josh: Oh.  OK.  Thanks, man! *waits for Beckett to leave, picks up phone* Tito: Hey, Joe..yeah, I talked to him. Joe: Thanks, buddy. Tito: Hey, anything for you, old friend!
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

12. www.jspsportsnews.com/mlb/20110622/boston-red-sox-josh-beckett-

13. Terry: Hey Josh,have you seen my Sports Illustrated picture?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

There's no crying,(or clocks), in baseball.