Franklin Morales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Franklin Morales

Tonight I completely lost confidence in our team's manager.  It is one thing when two evenly matched teams square off for a seven game series.  It is another when your manager literally tries to give a game away by bringing in the 25th man on the 25 man roster in the most important moment of the series and the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Franklin Morales

In response to Dabro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tonight I completely lost confidence in our team's manager.  It is one thing when two evenly matched teams square off for a seven game series.  It is another when your manager literally tries to give a game away by bringing in the 25th man on the 25 man roster in the most important moment of the series and the season.

[/QUOTE]

Actually to be fair Doubrant was the last man on the roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Doubront is a dramatically superior pitcher to Morales.  Dramatically.  It is not even close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Bonehead decisin by Farrell. Along with not batting for Drew to move Gomes along

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to sml1210's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bonehead decisin by Farrell. Along with not batting for Drew to move Gomes along

[/QUOTE]

the idiot. Managed us right into the World Series...fire the bum!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Sorry but you Morales doubters don't know what you're writing about. Morales spent most of the year out with injuries but from mid-August until seasons end he was one of the most reliable relief pitchers on the staff. 

14 appearances, 13 innings pitched, 10 hits with no home runs allowed, 10 strike out & six walks, only 3 runs allowed with 12 of those appearances holding the opponant scoreless. August era in 4 appearances of 2.70, September era in 10 appearances 1.86. 

Hetch

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Morales can get wild, no doubt. In hindsite Doubrant might have been a better choice. But he doesn't have the kinda strike out stuff like Morales, who can dominate lefties when he throws strikes.

Doubrant might have been the guy tomorrow night, or extra innings.

It's a tough call, our manager made it, and is still going to the WS. So... let's celibrate.

Go Red Sox!

-Daf.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Are Soxfans EVER happy?

"We're in the World Series!!"

"Yeah but it took SIX games and the other team scored runs on us!!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Farrell won't be up nights worrying about your faith.  Whatever confidence you have dashed in him will probably be restored when he wins AL Manager of the Year.

And at the very least, be thankful the Sox did not have Leyland.  I mean, if you are going to be critical of bullpen management and effectiveness...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I posted tonight under the ALCS game thread after the SOX were losing 2-1 that the SOX would win the game. I also stated that Farrell's only job was to make the victory a little more difficult. They love playing for Farrell so they ignore his mistakes and win anyway.

[/QUOTE]

POINTLESS COMMENT. WHAT EVER !! As much as you think the Sox win in spite of Farrel, Sox fans appreciate Farrel and the success that he has brought to this team despite your lunacy. Back you go to IGNORE. Not worth reading stupidity. And don't bother replying because you are now blocked. Goodbye TROLL. 

Hetch

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

we won. Relax

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Andrew miller going down had a big impact on the bullpen, if he's healthy Morales isn't even on the roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Andrew miller going down had a big impact on the bullpen, if he's healthy Morales isn't even on the roster.

[/QUOTE]

I quote from my last post on Morales below. Why your negativity torward him I don't know. Despite what you said, Morales has been a pretty solid reliever in the Sox bullpen for his two years prior to this and was slated to be in the BP this year until an injury took away most of his season. He started off terribly but after coming back mid August he was lights out. 

August 15th until seasons end. 14 appearances, 13 innings pitched, 10 hits with no home runs allowed, 10 strike outs & six walks, only 3 runs allowed with 12 of those appearances holding the opponant scoreless. August era in 4 appearances of 2.70, September era in 10 appearances 1.86. 

Hetch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we won. Relax

[/QUOTE]

Hey South, 

I'm relaxed and having a brew. Just don't understand foolish posts from fools who despite the Sox getting this far and having so much success, have to doubt what Farrel has done for this team, so I'm taking time to throw critisizm back in thier direction where is belongs.  One particular poster compares Toto's success with Farrel's as I wrote to him nights ago. Another one who think both were in the right place at the right time, not willing to give credit where it is due. Sorry but I can't deal with idiots. That's just me !!

Hetchless

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Thanks for the statistics on August and September.  This explains Farrell's decision.  The six walks are still the crux of my concern.  We have all watched Morales and we know that when he is wild it is really ugly.  After the 4 pitch walk to Fielder Farrell could have yanked Morales instead of letting him pitch to Martinez.  I understand that he was trying to turn Martinez around but still I would have rather had Workman in there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

It's 7:30 AM the Baseball god's said Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluuuuuia---the Sox truely came from last to first in the AL with many doubters along the way and won the pennant as a Band of Brothers.

They did it--they won the AL Pennant. Now they start anew--everyone is batting .000 everyone's ERA is .000. May the best team win. Let's have some good days ahead until the first team wins four.

Congrats Red Sox Nation--True Pandamonium at the Fens and all over the World.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes we all agree it was a head scratching move but come on relax enjoy it, they won! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Farrell will never satisfy some Sox fans.  I thought Morales was a very reasonable choice against a left bat--Fielder--because he has a good fastball and that big curve.  But he through four straight balls to load the bases and then threw I think two straight to the dangerous V-Mart, finally grooving one for a shot off the monster.  

About two weeks ago I made the case the Sox should go with just 6 relievers and 10 pitchers overall to make room for another bench guy, Bradley or McDonald.  But Farrell went with 7 and was absolutely right.  He used the bullpen a lot and they were terrific in the ALDS and even better in the ALCS. 

I put this entire thing on Morales, not his manager, who gave him a shot.  His manager is also the guy who asked his closer to get 5 outs in the crucial game 5 when the Sox went up 4-3.  As I recall, there were tons of critics saying he brought Uehara in too soon even though the score was 4-3. 

Farrell ain't just any manager.  He was also the Sox pitching coach in 2004 and 2007 when the Sox won the WS, so he has been to the wars, so to speak.  He absolutely knows what he is doing with his pitching staff.