Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........

In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on......... : I like him.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a pitcher this good get so much crap.  Imagine if he had an injury last september?  That would mean that he had a cy young caliber season minue one injury plagued month.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........

In Response to Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........:
    [QUOTE]FAT-CAT BECKETT'$ AND OWNERSHIP TOO !!!!   Beckett'$ will be gone after 4 innings and this will force a major shakeup of the roster..... Finally, "TRANSFORMATION"  !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Billy boy......

1.  It is spelled iNfamy.  I would think a Navy man would know how to spell a word that is most associated with Pearl Harbor. 

2.  Beckett is now through 8 with 1 ER allowed on only 80 pitches.  I know how frustrating this must be for you.

3.  Maybe it is time you get back to the Celtics boards and keep insisting that they trade Rondo..... good idea.  Your basketball IQ is impressive.

4. Thanks, not that we needed it but you've given us all more proof that you don't really have a clue of what you speak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucky Dent. Show Bucky Dent's posts

In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on......... : I've never seen a pitcher this good get so much crap.  Imagine if he had an injury last september?  That would mean that he had a cy young caliber season minue one injury plagued month.   
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

But he's still dumber than a stump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Bill - hope you are going to retract your thread with an "Me and Dad were wrong - again!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

My only response to this thread is absolute laughter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]My only response to this thread is absolute laughter.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

You need to change your quote to   "dating a yankee fan, proof men think with their _____s.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't know about anyone else, but I think the nattering nabobs of negativism might have been a little off today.  I mean bill 806 and hankwilliamsjr promised us horrible Sox hitting and a terrible Beckett on the mound. 

And here's the funny part.  Neither one cares about the Sox and so are going to be terribly disappointed, leading 8 to1 in the 8th, win this game.  I mean, it's one thing to be critical, but quite another to clearly despise the team you presumably are rooting for. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know about anyone else, but I think the nattering nabobs of negativism might have been a little off today.  I mean bill 806 and hankwilliamsjr promised us horrible Sox hitting and a terrible Beckett on the mound.  And here's the funny part.  Neither one cares about the Sox and so are going to be terribly disappointed, leading 8 to1 in the 8th, win this game.  I mean, it's one thing to be critical, but quite another to clearly despise the team you presumably are rooting for. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Exactly.    If you are vocally rooting against half the guys on the roster are you really a fan of the team?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on......... : Exactly.    If you are vocally rooting against half the guys on the roster are you really a fan of the team?
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

+1 i made a thread about this very thing. traitors i tell ya

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill-806 Posts: 9901 First: 8/6/2008 Last: 4/13/2012 4178301f3a7e56be6aa2bd009c15f775 Once again blabbermouth Bill is wrong again . why don't you and hank try to cheer for the sox instead of picking them apart. losers like you two are the main reason i don't post.  you have lots to say about nothing and nothing is all you know. FAT-CAT BECKETT'$ AND OWNERSHIP TOO !!!! Beckett'$ will be gone after 4 innings and this will force a major shakeup of the roster..... Finally, "TRANSFORMATION" !!!!
    Posted by bpapi[/QUOTE] Please, oh lib/left/moonbat.......  Don't stay off the board because of me..... Be a man and state your opinion/s at any time, thats what i do, although not always right. Great job today by Josh & the team too !!!   A great home opener, for sure !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on......... : You need to change your quote to   "dating a yankee fan, proof men think with their _____s. Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE] She likes soccer more then baseball anyways

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaGolfer. Show TampaGolfer's posts

I think that all of you people should become fans of another team in another city.

Yes, this team has gotten off to another bad start and without question, Beckett smelled it up against the Tigers.

How do dump on his effort and performance for today?  What could he have done better than 8 strong innings against a team that, of late, has owned the Sox?  How could you have been made happy?  24 - 2?, 30 or 40 - 2? Would that have been enough?

My God, I have been a REAL FAN for over 50 yrs. and the Sox have stunk many years and many years in a row.  Now for over a decade this has been a winning team.  A team with challenges, but 2, count them, 2 WORLD SERIES!  Do you have any clue as to how many teams win 1, nevermind 2 inside of 10 yrs.  Other than the Yankees?

No, because it doesn't happen.  I am so sick of so called fans that are more than welcome to share their opinions and some are well written, but this entire thread, other than my post, is nothing but garbage! 

If you don't like the team, don't watch.  If you can't figure out what can be improved, shut the F**K up!

This is a good team with a good Manager, that will likely win 90+ games, so then you can get back on the happy train and pretend to support them into the playoffs.

Go live in Pittsburgh, KC, Seatle, Chicago, Houston, Baltimore, Toronto and more.  Let those very nice cities, with some good ballplayers, listen to you spew your uneducated bunk!

Just my thoughts!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........": [QUOTE]Bill-806 Posts: 9901 First: 8/6/2008 Last: 4/13/2012 4178301f3a7e56be6aa2bd009c15f775 Once again blabbermouth Bill is wrong again . why don't you and hank try to cheer for the sox instead of picking them apart. losers like you two are the main reason i don't post.  you have lots to say about nothing and nothing is all you know. FAT-CAT BECKETT'$ AND OWNERSHIP TOO !!!! Beckett'$ will be gone after 4 innings and this will force a major shakeup of the roster..... Finally, "TRANSFORMATION" !!!! Posted by bpapi[/QUOTE] Make a note of bpapi as pikes latest creation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

[QUOTE]I think that all of you people should become fans of another team in another city. Yes, this team has gotten off to another bad start and without question, Beckett smelled it up against the Tigers. How do dump on his effort and performance for today?  What could he have done better than 8 strong innings against a team that, of late, has owned the Sox?  How could you have been made happy?  24 - 2?, 30 or 40 - 2? Would that have been enough? My God, I have been a REAL FAN for over 50 yrs. and the Sox have stunk many years and many years in a row.  Now for over a decade this has been a winning team.  A team with challenges, but 2, count them, 2 WORLD SERIES!  Do you have any clue as to how many teams win 1, nevermind 2 inside of 10 yrs.  Other than the Yankees? No, because it doesn't happen.  I am so sick of so called fans that are more than welcome to share their opinions and some are well written, but this entire thread, other than my post, is nothing but garbage!  If you don't like the team, don't watch.  If you can't figure out what can be improved, shut the F**K up! This is a good team with a good Manager, that will likely win 90+ games, so then you can get back on the happy train and pretend to support them into the playoffs. Go live in Pittsburgh, KC, Seatle, Chicago, Houston, Baltimore, Toronto and more.  Let those very nice cities, with some good ballplayers, listen to you spew your uneducated bunk! Just my thoughts!
    Posted by TampaGolfer[/QUOTE]

Nice rant and I certainly appreciate your frustration.  For what it's worth, I figured out some years back that the majority of participants under the guise of being passionate baseball fans who initiate threads such as this and frequently comment negatively on team and game related articles and blogs know absolutely nothing about the sport.  In all likelihood most have never even had a glove or a bat in their hands.  The media at large has largely contributed to creating this cesspool of verbal garbage with their incessant hyperbole designed to be controversial.   The Felgers, Masserotis, Adams and Shaughnessys of the world and there are many others of their ilk desperately need to be outrageous to get attention to make a living.   For the so-called baseball fans who offer their absurd, shallow, uniformed and ludicrous observations the only conclusion one can make is that they too seek attention for whatever reason and that somehow they are fulfilled by annoying or even worse angering knowledgeable baseball fans. 

By the way, there are a number of teams which have won 2 WS in 10 year spans, the most recent of which are the Cardinals, Yankees, Red Sox and Marlins.  Some fans of today's lowly Pirates, Orioles, Reds, Athletics and Blue Jays have experienced that euphoria.  I would suggest that championships in the game today are far less meaningful than they were 20 years ago for obvious reasons and that our national pasttime has simply morphed into yet another form of entertainment in which the mindless control the environment.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

i don't like Beckett but he sure shut down the Rays today. And home cookin' sure did wonders for the offense. Day of infamy? Bill you're ok, but calm down, things are not that bad. Have a little faith.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m