Friday night Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox -Davis vs. Lester

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Friday night Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox -Davis vs. Lester

Well at least the offense is picking up Lester, hope they leave this guy in long enough for A-Gon

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's keep this going. No telling how many runs it will take to win this thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Is it fair to say that Saltalamaccia is catching on in Boston?

You've gotta feel happy for this guy.  You can tell how much weight gets lifted off his shoulders each time he pulls through like that.

I think we've got our main catcher... at least for 2011.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox -Davis vs. Lester:
    [QUOTE]Jarrod Saltalamacchia, I love you!!! Marry me!!!
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]THERE WE GOOOOOOOOO! u spelled the whole thing out toooo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]Took me forever to type out his name!!
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]
    it is the longest name in MLB history.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Woot to Jake and Pedey!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Lay-Zer--Show. I think the faucet is open

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hey gove bogar some props he almost didnt stop him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I think it's safe to say Bogar is a tad gun shy tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

damn I really wanted A-Gon to face this Maine guy, he is on my fantasy team Money mouth

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I was thinking you have it saved somewhere ready to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yoshimi , do you take this man, Saltala...,  uh Salty to be your lawfully wedded husband?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

good move by the third base coach ....nobody out runners on 1st and 3rd with Gonzo at the plate followed by Youk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's safe to say Bogar is a tad gun shy tonight.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

LOL Joel. it was a good throw, would have had him if Bogar sent him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Is it fair to say that Saltalamaccia is catching on in Boston? You've gotta feel happy for this guy.  You can tell how much weight gets lifted off his shoulders each time he pulls through like that. I think we've got our main catcher... at least for 2011.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]salty now has 2 more HRs than he has had since 2009. this guy may end up being another pedey. theo took that risk and seems to have been smart not spending the big money and v-mart. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox -Davis vs. Lester : salty now has 2 more HRs than he has had since 2009. this guy may end up being another pedey. theo took that risk and seems to have been smart not spending the big money and v-mart. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    wow, that is some high praises already! He isn't going to win the MVP next year or anything, but it is very nice to see him finally connecting better on pitches.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ha-ha. Looked like he was afraid of the ball girl.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Do you guys remember that girl they called The Kissing Bandit?  Wonder if I'll become legendary as the Proposing Bandit?  Of course, I look nothing like Morganna...sigh....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox -Davis vs. Lester : salty now has 2 more HRs than he has had since 2009. this guy may end up being another pedey. theo took that risk and seems to have been smart not spending the big money and v-mart. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Whoah whoah whoah... put on the breaks there buddy.  The next Pedey?  If you're referring to Pedey's slow start in 2007 and comparing it with Salty right now then I think we have to slow down on that.  I think Salty is headed in the right direction which may just end up being...

.260, 14 HR, 55 RBI... Which the Sox would be more than happy to take.

I do think his ceiling is higher, but it's way too early to tell.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

E9? not on my scorecard. Give it to the home guy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

man is this offense heating up. salt is now at .227. just need craw to get it up and starting pounding with that stick! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

i think cc will heat up with the weather....he's use to indoor 72 degrees at the trop....it's been a cold spring in new england

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Can we please have a shut-down inning here? Please???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox -Davis vs. Lester : Whoah whoah whoah... put on the breaks there buddy.  The next Pedey?  If you're referring to Pedey's slow start in 2007 and comparing it with Salty right now then I think we have to slow down on that.  I think Salty is headed in the right direction which may just end up being... .260, 14 HR, 55 RBI... Which the Sox would be more than happy to take. I do think his ceiling is higher, but it's way too early to tell.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]yeah, i think salty has a high ceiling as well. this is the first time any team has ever really believed in him. he has the tools and the body to keep this going. what did pedy hit in 2007?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Come on, Jon. At least throw one 1-2-3 inning for your win tonight...