Game Thread 07/29: Sox Vs. Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Game Thread 07/29: Sox Vs. Sox

Come on BoSox... time to finally get a win against these guys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game Thread 07/29: Sox Vs. Sox

Pale hose suck. Go Red Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Why does Floyd always dominate us?  Put him on the list with:

Sam Fuld
    Travis Snider
    David Murphy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not a very favorable pitching matchup. Hope for the best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

If the Red Sox are to beat Floyd, they have to get to him in the first three innings.  He tends to get stronger as the game progresses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Wow, what happened to Adam Dunn?

Vizquel... last remaining player to have played in the 80's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Wake WILL get #200 tonight!!!  I've got a very good feeling about it :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 07/29: Sox Vs. Sox:
    [QUOTE]Why does Floyd always dominate us?  Put him on the list with: Sam Fuld Travis Snider David Murphy
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

....and Willy Aybar. Hate that dude. Bats .235, but always gets a big hit against US.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 07/29: Sox Vs. Sox : ....and Willy Aybar. Hate that dude. Bats .235, but always gets a big hit against US.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Snider is the worst IMO.  Only in the bigs because of us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

White Sox are a game under .500 but are only 3 games behind Detroit in a mediocre AL Central. White Sox offense is bad, while the Red Sox  are first in O.  The White Sox pitching staff has been solid with a team ERA of 3.66 good for 5th in the AL.  The Red Sox team ERA is 3.92, 8th in the AL.  The White Sox had a tough April going 10-18 but have gone 41-34 since May 1. Sox getting serious about sending prospects to Colorado for Jimenez.  Go gett'em BRS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

She's dancing tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

How many injections  is this now for Jenks... 4?  More?    Figure Theo is going to pull the trigger on a pitcher somewhere... maybe shock the world and get Pence but I don't have a good feeling about Clay.... need Wakefield to do his innings eating magic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]How many injections  is this now for Jenks... 4?  More?    Figure Theo is going to pull the trigger on a pitcher somewhere... maybe shock the world and get Pence but I don't have a good feeling about Clay.... need Wakefield to do his innings eating magic.
    Posted by OV[/QUOTE]

They have to make a move.  I agree, Buchholz gets more and more concerning by the day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Why does Floyd always dominate us?  Put him on the list with: Sam Fuld Travis Snider David Murphy

Geez, the whole team has dominated us over the past couple of seasons.  Here's hoping we can break the trend.  GO SOX!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Salty has been great.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

HR..... yeah baby!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Salty with a blast!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Almost time to talk extension with him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Sutton looks like J-Bay

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

We'll take it!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

You don't see guys taking the 2nd baseman out on the DP much anymore... Sutton could have dumped him there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 07/29: Sox Vs. Sox : They have to make a move.  I agree, Buchholz gets more and more concerning by the day.

Maybe. The vibe I'm getting from Tito now is that they're about to turn Bucholz loose, and want to have one more expert opinion that he won't do any more damage to it when they do. That is, unless something new came out today that I haven't heard. If the expert confirms what the last "expert" said, he'll probably get back to throwing, and be back in a little bit. The one thing I didn't understand is why the Sox waited and made the appt. on Monday--AFTER the trade deadline. I'd have thought they'd do it today so they'd know what they were up against before the TD.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 07/29: Sox Vs. Sox : Maybe. The vibe I'm getting from Tito now is that they're about to turn Bucholz loose, and want to have one more expert opinion that he won't do any more damage to it when they do. That is, unless something new came out today that I haven't heard. If the expert confirms what the last "expert" said, he'll probably get back to throwing, and be back in a little bit. The one thing I didn't understand is why the Sox waited and made the appt. on Monday--AFTER the trade deadline. I'd have thought they'd do it today so they'd know what they were up against before the TD.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

....but even so, I agree they need to make a move for a SP., even if Clay comes back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

No matter what, we can celebrate the fact that Asomugah signed with the Eagles instead of the Jests. NY loses another big free agent to Philly.