Game Thread 115:Red Sox at Astros

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game Thread 115:Red Sox at Astros

In response to AL34's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I dont think they were wrong, AL. I think he needed more time and he'll be back up. How's your daughter??

People there is nothing wrong with Mike Napoli, only a problem with where he hits.  Lineup has no legitimate #5 hitter

He's never been the same, since he was out for a few, 3 days, with dizziness. He never seemed to recover. He was a doubles machine, before that

JBay the FO thought that Middlebrooks was going to build on what he did last year and they were wrong. Now we have defensive third basemen who cannot hit a lick, they remind me last year of Brett Lillibridge. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Berkshirerick. Show Berkshirerick's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Napoli deja vu... All over again... My goodness until when will Red Sox Nation accept this slapstick act! 

The only sadder thing is that Lavarnway is in the line- up. What is his BA anyway?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Terrible decision to start Wright when Workman was there,  Lavarnway can't catch a knuckleball.  Really put team in the hole against a terrible team.  Anybody who thinks Lavarnway is a starting catcher in the bigs is nuts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Berkshirerick's comment:

Napoli deja vu... All over again... My goodness until when will Red Sox Nation accept this slapstick act! 

The only sadder thing is that Lavarnway is in the line- up. What is his BA anyway?

What catcher  could have caught Wright, the first inning? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Is this the same team that left Fenway or was their plane hijacked?  I thought the Celtics were the ones who played down to the competition. And Lavarnway...really?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

this is that moment in time, that turning point in the season when you look back and say, thats where they begain to unravel.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Who catches him in the minors now (Pawtucket) ? The Astros are completely embarrassing us. Its like the Red Sox came to town and took them lightly. They are stealing bases against us like we are a joke and our catcher is helping them think that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Astros are playing like its seventh game of WS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Terrible decision to start Wright when Workman was there,  Lavarnway can't catch a knuckleball.  Really put team in the hole against a terrible team.  Anybody who thinks Lavarnway is a starting catcher in the bigs is nuts.

That would be Bill 866 .... he called him the next Carlton Fisk...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

this is that moment in time, that turning point in the season when you look back and say, thats where they begain to unravel.....

100% right. You use teams like the Astros and wipe up the floor with them not let them get the better of you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Reminds me of the Baltimore Oriole series at the end of the season in 2011.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

As bad as Lavarnway is, the decision by Farrell or Ben to start Wright was worse.  What a momentum killer.  Back to AAA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Who catches him in the minors now (Pawtucket) ? The Astros are completely embarrassing us. Its like the Red Sox came to town and took them lightly. They are stealing bases against us like we are a joke and our catcher is helping them think that.

Long way to go, in this one. Lava also hasnt had much playing time, let a lone catching a knuckleball pitcher. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

Reminds me of the Baltimore Oriole series at the end of the season in 2011.

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Why not start Rubby?  Are they ever going to use him?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

As bad as Lavarnway is, the decision by Farrell or Ben to start Wright was worse.  What a momentum killer.  Back to AAA.

Correct just not bright on Farrell's part when the Red Sox need the game here after that shutout last night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Will all of Farrell's effectiveness be ruined by his sticking with Napoli?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Berkshirerick. Show Berkshirerick's posts

Terrible decision to start Wright when Workman was there,  Lavarnway can't catch a knucleball.  Really put team in the hole against a terrible team.  Anybody who thinks Lavarnway is a starting catcher in the bigs is nuts.

What an embarrassment - the WORST team in baseball is schooling the team with the best record on the aspects of playing winning baseball by doing all the little things - stealing bases, advancing runners, bunting all over the place and getting pretty good pitching. Bet the Rays and Orioles are watching closely, as well the rest of the league on how to turn up the heat on the Sox down the stretch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

My question is, with it being a dome, why did they start Wright vs Workman or hell, De La Rosa? What the hell did they bring him up for, if they aren't going to ever let him on the field? Start Workman, if he stinks, put Del La Rosa in. Or vice versa. Maybe it's the curse of Ruby. Seriously though, why waste the bullpen spot on him. 

"Any place you go, it will always be better than Tucson."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Will all of Farrell's effectiveness be ruined by his sticking with Napoli?

The Red Sox needed to pick up a hitter at the trade deadline as well and did not. Napoli is too streaky a hitter and Brock Holt cannot hit at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]omeone is laying

J feel for Mike N., but the truth is, I can't watch anymore!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

My question is why did Farrell not start Brandon Workman tonight. He has pitched great instead of screwing around with a knuckleballer and a catcher who looks lost in catching him. People this is Houston, one of the worst teams in the league and we need these games. These are the teams that you have to sweep, not lose against. There are probably more fans there tonight then fans of the Astros.

Actually it is the worst team in mlb

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Dont look now, but here comes the Sox......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

so Napoli a strikeout or dp?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Sox can still come back and win if they can hold Astros.