Game Thread 118:Red Sox at Royals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Re: Game Thread 118:Red Sox at Royals

Wow! I ueed to think Francona had trouble handling pitchers but Farrell's no better. I wonder who learned what from who?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to TheMaskedAvenger's comment:

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Farrell waited way too long to take Peavy out.  beato is not the answer.  Can't believe there is not another better option than him.

I agree. Starting to wonder about his decision making

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Can't expect another miracle comeback.  Just once i'd like to see a Sox starter pitch a complete game shutout.  Maybe Nancy Buchholz can if she ever comes back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Sox have six runs and its not enough.  Ben had better fix the pen or a losing streak is a strong possibilty.  And get a third baseman who can hit.  Holt and Snyder are a joke.

Agreed. Holt and Synder are late inning defensive replacements at best, not guys who you throw into an everyday role in a playoff race. Ben, please makes some calls and get a third baseman who can hit the baseball and some bullpen help. Dempster(still cannot believe we gave 24 million to this guy) and Wright killed the bullpen in Houston and we are paying for it now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Lester also a bullpen buzzkill.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Tough road trip ! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Of course Price has a 3 run lead so things aren't looking good. Maybe a rally? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

This has been a 'dream team' for most of the season thus far, but all dreams end and then reality sets in.

The reality is that as this team is set up right now, it is quite capable of duplicating what the 2011 team did, but this current team may begin their dive sooner.

And yes, Farrell is a Tito clone.

Except this team has a good attitude and is likeable, in contrast to 2011 team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Collins is doing his best to help us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

There goes the rally.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Collins is doing his best to help us.

Yes...but the sox will have none of it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Game over.  This one is on Farrell and the bullpen.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Don't get me wrong, I love Pedroia but he is not a 100 million dollar player not with the minimal number of homeruns he has. Cano is a hundred million dollar player. He has to control that violent swing of his and take what he can getandstop looking to jolt everything out of the park.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

This is a sad night for Red Sox Nation.  We have scored four runs or less in almost half of our games since June.  We have had trouble hitting with runners in scoring position.  Hitting home runs--almost non-existent.  Our best pitcher Lackey continues to turn in superb performances and gets little run support.  So that brings us to tonight.  We finally get some offense (six runs) and our newly acquired "ace" and excuse for a bullpen can't hold it.  Why do most believe this team will make the playoffs?  I know our record now, but I also see obvious major flaws and I didn't even mention our record against left handers.  I want to ask this question:  who would you bet on to produce with the tying run on second and two outs in the ninth (you must assume Ortiz would be facing a left hander)?  These are tough points to make from a Red Sox fan of over forty years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to tomtom1's comment:

This is a sad night for Red Sox Nation.  We have scored four runs or less in almost half of our games since June.  We have had trouble hitting with runners in scoring position.  Hitting home runs--almost non-existent.  Our best pitcher Lackey continues to turn in superb performances and gets little run support.  So that brings us to tonight.  We finally get some offense (six runs) and our newly acquired "ace" and excuse for a bullpen can't hold it.  Why do most believe this team will make the playoffs?  I know our record now, but I also see obvious major flaws and I didn't even mention our record against left handers.  I want to ask this question:  who would you bet on to produce with the tying run on second and two outs in the ninth (you must assume Ortiz would be facing a left hander)?  These are tough points to make from a Red Sox fan of over forty years.

1918....2004 I think we're used to it don't you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

In response to tomtom1's comment:

[QUOTE]

1918....2004 I think we're used to it don't you.

[/QUOTE]

Good Point!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

[QUOTE]

Game over.  This one is on Farrell and the bullpen.

Don't forget the starter.

[/QUOTE]

I don't blame Peavy as much as Farrell.  He left him in way too long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A pen full of these rookie kids is not going to work for long. They are as likely to melt down like we saw tonight as anything else. In spite of everything, in spite of the vast improvements, I still do not totally believe in this team, and am not yet counting on them to actually win much in the post season. There are a lot of holes. Time will soon tell for sure.