Game Thread 123:Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Game Thread 123:Red Sox at Blue Jays

This team cannot hit and needed a hitter more than  a pitcher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

The sky is not falling people.  This team has heart and has come back all year from bad losses.  They will take two of three from Skankees.  I do wish Sox had picked up Soriano.  He is RH power bat they needed.  He is on fire for NY.

No, the sky is not falling, this team just does not have what it takes to win the World Series as currently equipped. Very simple. "Come back from bad losses?" This was not a bad loss, it was a mind numbing, typical, run of the mill loss on the heels of another mind numbing typical run of the mill loss, in the midst of several other mind numbing, typical, run of the mill losses--and theres a difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Davidosul's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dont be surprised if the Red Sox are in second place at the end of the weekend

And behind in the wildcard race by next wweekend

no offense on this team

Not outside the realm of possibility.

[/QUOTE]

Sox look line a plane losing altitude in a hurry... Another one run game loss due to lack of offensive... Easy to understand: no July trader to bolster team...can one imagine Sox with Soriano?...

[/QUOTE]

He would have helped and the Yankees got him for nothing, but Luchinno is too cheap to make that move. On another note Pedroia is not a 100 million dollar player. Maybe 60 million over 4 years but they seroiusly overpaid on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The sky is not falling people.  This team has heart and has come back all year from bad losses.  They will take two of three from Skankees.  I do wish Sox had picked up Soriano.  He is RH power bat they needed.  He is on fire for NY.

Bad move on Luchinno's part not picking him up. That is where Larry gets cheap riding on the luck of this year instead of bolstering the team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Wish they'd activate Bogaerts for this Yankee series... not that I expect miracles from the kid right away, but he may just be the shot in the arm this team needs... ala Puig or Trout last year.  The team looks tired and listless lately. 

Watch Mark Reynolds tee off on the Sox this weekend.  He hits Sox pitching well.  Washed up players love to puton that Yankee uni and revive their careers... right Soriano?

I agree that this might help. It might, in fact, be the only move left to the Sox to salvage something special out of this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bad move on Luchinno's part not picking him up. That is where Larry gets cheap riding on the luck of this year instead of bolstering the team

[/QUOTE]

Hes had a few hot games, but hes still the same inconsistent strike out machine he was in Chicago. He'll cool off, just watch. I dont mind that we didnt get him, but we do need SOMEONE to get this pathetic offense started.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Hes had a few hot games, but hes still the same inconsistent strike out machine he was in Chicago. He'll cool off, just watch. I dont mind that we didnt get him, but we do need SOMEONE to get this pathetic offense started.

There is no one else. The current players will have to suck it up and start producing, if they can. We clearly do not have the pitching to pitch our way into the playoffs, so we will have to bash our way there. Even if we get in, I do not expect a long stay, though it will be fun if they do manage not to choke away this chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

There is no one else. The current players will have to suck it up and start producing, if they can. We clearly do not have the pitching to pitch our way into the playoffs, so we will have to bash our way there. Even if we get in, I do not expect a long stay, though it will be fun if they do manage not to choke away this chance.

[/QUOTE]

"Bash our way there"? (Forgive me PG, this isnt directed at you...) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah (breathe) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Bash our way there"? (Forgive me PG, this isnt directed at you...) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah (breathe) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[/QUOTE]

"They did the bash, they did the monster bash, the monster bash; it was a graveyard smash."

[/QUOTE]

Indeed it was. RIP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In a series where you give up 8 runs in three games, you should sweep. This team lost two of three games, incredible. They wasted two of the three pitching performances. It bothers me that the Yankees got Soriano for nothing and Luchinno should have had Ben in on that one. we are still below the cap and it was a bad decision on Lucky Larry Luchinno's part. It was Larry being cheap again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In a series where you give up 8 runs in three games, you should sweep. This team lost two of three games, incredible. They wasted two of the three pitching performances. It bothers me that the Yankees got Soriano for nothing and Luchinno should have had Ben in on that one. we are still below the cap and it was a bad decision on Lucky Larry Luchinno's part. It was Larry being cheap again.

Soriano was hitting .254/.287/.754 with the Cubs.

But, if you were advocating for the Sox to pick up Soriano before the Yankees did, I'd love to see the posts.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

April-June Papi's stats are...

.317BA .404OBP .604SLG 1.008OPS  17 2b  16 HR  57RBI  38K 36BB

July-Present

.336BA .407OBP .548SLG .965OPS  9 2b  7HR  18RBI  21K  19BB

They have 39 games in which papi could, at the very least, have very compareable stats to the 1st half. Maybe not in the RBI department, unless he get more opportunities. Bur certaily in the HR and 2b catagories.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

July-Present

They have 39 games in which papi could, at the very least, have very compareable stats to the 1st half. Maybe not in the RBI department, unless he get more opportunities. Bur certaily in the HR and 2b catagories.

Oops.

I guess the "obvious" isn't that obvious after all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

July-Present

They have 39 games in which papi could, at the very least, have very comparable stats to the 1st half. Maybe not in the RBI department, unless he get more opportunities. Bur certainly in the HR and 2b categories.

Oops.

I guess the "obvious" isn't that obvious after all.

[/QUOTE]

Just simply taking a minute and looking at the stats will tell you that despite a few bad games here and there, Papi has been one of the most consistent players in MLB this year. He has learned to go the other way, lay one down the 3b line against the shift and overall get himself on base over 40% of the time. The power is down ever so slightly, but hes still on pace for 30+HR 30+ 2b and 90-100RBI.

Its quite easy to dispute most, if not all of JB's claims against Papi. The bias he has against Papi, for whatever strange reason, is very transparent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

This team cannot hit and needed a hitter more than  a pitcher.

Yup, especially when Ortiz is going to go 0 for 4 in the close games, and when it is obvious his second half numbers are not going to match the first half, at least in the home run column.

You never miss a chance to dig at Ortiz. What about Napoli(.190/.699) or Pedroia (.213/.591)? Their performances have not exactly been stellar either. I am sure there are others, but you have a fixation on badmouthing our best hitter.