Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Actually twm it was a yankee fan who called singleton boring.....nhsteven. monotone has what to do with commentating exactly?? Orsill doesnt need a pass...does the postseason.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thats his problem.

Singleton compared to Remy is Mike Wallace.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Laugh if you want TWM.. Mets announcers, dodger/scully, then remy/orsillo look it up
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

It's a matter of opinion wherever it is.

But you should provide the link to back-up your claim.

The judges should be good for a few more laughs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

How do you like Susan Waldman and John Sterling ? They are awful simply awful, that is why they are not renewing their contracts. Kay is so phoney especially when the Yankees tanked that last game against Tampa Bay last year. Singleton is a bore, please they are so pro Yankees its sickening. At least Remy and Orsillo have an open mind and are fair. In response to "Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Then  we'll have to agree to disagree because while I understand that to a large extent it's a matter of preference I absolutely don't think the Yes staff is badf at all.  The funny think is I'm old enough to remember Bill White, Frank Messer and Phil Rizzuto.  At the time a significant percentage of viewers thought they were terrible.  Today they are the "Golden Age" of Yankees TV broadcasting.  Personally, the only reason to turn the volume on for any sporting event is to hear what the announcer can add in terms of context and perhaps an interesting anecdote.  The Yes team, like'em or not, is as good as any in cable or network.  Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Thats his problem. Singleton compared to Remy is Mike Wallace.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Have it your way TWM. can't reason with unreasonable. have a good night

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

At 4-9 we are reduced to arguing about the announcers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Then we will have to agree to disagee. The YES teams consists about 8 announcers.  How would anyone think they're as good as any cable or network "Like them or not" if you don't like them??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Who would you be putting them up against, .. Fox, .. NSEN?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Who would you be putting them up against, .. Fox, .. NSEN?
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

The announcers for BU's mens Lacrosse. Remy and Orsillo rank a close 2nd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Sterling and Waldman are both terrible, I can't listen to Yankee games on the radio, equally terrible like Remy. You guys are nuts. Remy is a homer nothing more.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

True statement.  Remy is the President of Red Sox Nation, he's a huge homer which is why they like him so much.  I don't mind that some Yankee announcers are homers, that is why I loved Rizzuto years ago but any Sox fan who criticizes another teams announcers for being homers and then showering Remy with praise is being hypocritical.  Remy is a homer and if NESN wants to have it that way I have no problem with that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I'm done.

I just think it's comical how the locals rag on the YES announcers when they listen to Jerry Remy like he's Grantland Rice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]How do you like Susan Waldman and John Sterling ? They are awful simply awful, that is why they are not renewing their contracts. Kay is so phoney especially when the Yankees tanked that last game against Tampa Bay last year. Singleton is a bore, please they are so pro Yankees its sickening. At least Remy and Orsillo have an open mind and are fair. In response to "Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

"How do you like Susan Waldman and John Sterling ?"

What doe thsat have to do with YES vs NSEN or Singleton?

"Kay is so phoney... At least Remy and Orsillo have an open mind and are fair."

Opinion, not fact.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Aren't you a Yankee fan Camel walk, go on the Yankee Blogs. In response to "Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************": [QUOTE]At 4-9 we are reduced to arguing about the announcers. Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucky Dent. Show Bucky Dent's posts

[QUOTE]How do you like Susan Waldman and John Sterling ? They are awful simply awful, that is why they are not renewing their contracts. Kay is so phoney especially when the Yankees tanked that last game against Tampa Bay last year. Singleton is a bore, please they are so pro Yankees its sickening. At least Remy and Orsillo have an open mind and are fair. In response to "Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

"At least Remy and Orsillo have an open mind and are fair. "

Thanks for the chuckles, chucklehead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]i'm not ragging all yank-em announcers. i simply pointed out that singleton sux!
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

And I simply pointed out that Singleton was a better player than Remy and now is a better commentator.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathanlamb75. Show nathanlamb75's posts

The Red Sox set a world record Friday: for the most bloated, over-the-top celebration of a non-event by a last place team. 
    Glad to see so much attention was paid to putting together this ceremony, in a year where the bullpen is a disaster and the rotation is hanging by a thread. Nice priorities. 

As for the ceremony itself--let's just say I hated Field of Dreams, so the only part I liked was the toast with Millar and Pedro. That aside, the only other surprise was that the Sox had only *3* ceremonial first pitches, instead of one for every year the park has been open. 

The good news: This nonsense is now in the rearview. Hopefully John Henry noticed that his T E A M wasn't that good yesterday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]I wish they would just play the crowd reaction audio instead of this field of dreams nonsense.  This touching moment doesnt need Hollywood cheese to make it a tearjerker.  And I want to hear the crowd giving it up for these guys!
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Yes, and great to see the original Spaceman in attendence, acting just like the old Space of course!