Game Thread 130: Red Sox at Dodgers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Game Thread 130: Red Sox at Dodgers

RHP John Lackey (8-10, 3.22) vs. RHP Ricky Nolasco (9-9, 3.60), 10:10 p.m. (ET), NESN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Game Thread 130: Red Sox at Dodgers

I think we win 2 of 3 in this series provided Farrell doesn't try to pitch Morales or Villareal in a close game late.

Sportsbozo1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Lineups?

i take it no X-man tonight?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I don't think Xander will start tonight.  We have Sat and Sun game with lefties on the mound.  If Ortiz and Naps don't feel perfect, Carp might start at 1B and Nava playing LF.

Ells - Shane - Pedey - Drew - Nava - Carp - Salty - WMB - Lackey maybe?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

not sure why we called up boegarts if we are just going to bench him every game excep the 1 that he started. seems pointless to me. he would be better served getting consistant at bats then sitting on th bench in boston. Also, when is farell going to clue in and move middlebrooks up in the order? the guy continues to be one of our hottest hitter and yet he is still hitting last every game. he should be hitting in the 5 or 6 spot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I will be at the game tonight ... wearing the Gonzalez home jersey I bought the second the Sox signed him.  Oughta be good for a drunken laugh ... or to get me beaten to paralysis, one or the other.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I will be at the game tonight ... wearing the Gonzalez home jersey I bought the second the Sox signed him.  Oughta be good for a drunken laugh ... or to get me beaten to paralysis, one or the other.

Or, you could drink until paralysis!  Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Steer clear of Puig!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

not sure why we called up boegarts if we are just going to bench him every game excep the 1 that he started. seems pointless to me. he would be better served getting consistant at bats then sitting on th bench in boston. Also, when is farell going to clue in and move middlebrooks up in the order? the guy continues to be one of our hottest hitter and yet he is still hitting last every game. he should be hitting in the 5 or 6 spot

Middlebrooks couldn't handle hitting fifth earlier this year.  He is comfortable now and hitting.  Why mess with that Now?  Ever hear of Daniel Bard?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Almost wish Dempster was pitching tonight so he could drill Crawford.  That guy is just a whining crybaby who won't shut up about Boston.  The fact is, he stunk and he has to blame it on everyone except himself.  Loser!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

CC needs to get over his time with the Sox and be grateful someone was crazy enough to pay him $142 M.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Did anybody tell CC to take the most money and come to Boston?  I'm not sure what the F is wrong with him but he needs a good brain surgery with all that money he stole from Henry.  I personally didn't care he sucked in Boston but his inability to face the big market team's fans and media is his fault.  He should have taken less money and signed elsewhere but HE freakin chose the Red Sox. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Bill Shaikin/LATimes
    Crawford LF, Puig RF, Gonzalez 1B, Ramirez SS, Ethier CF, Uribe 3B, M Ellis 2B, Federowicz C Nolasco P.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jenny Dell/NESN      

Ellsbury CF Victorino RF Pedroia 2B Ortiz 1B Saltalamacchia C Nava LF Drew SS Middlebrooks 3B Lackey

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Jenny Dell/NESN      

Ellsbury CF Victorino RF Pedroia 2B Ortiz 1B Saltalamacchia C Nava LF Drew SS Middlebrooks 3B Lackey

WOW!  John Farrell's lineup for tonight again looks good for the 2nd game in a row.  No Gomes, Napoli, Ross and/or XB.  WTG Farrell.  We've got a shot at scoring some runs tonight. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

the minor league season ends in a week.... you might have a point about the consistent ABs if we called him up 2 months ago sat him on the bench while there was plenty of baseball to be played in the minors. but he can help the sox now and at the cost of a weeks worth of games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

980 WCAP       

Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz to make rehab start for Lowell Spinners Sunday in Hudson Valley

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Not looking too good in Tampa.  TB leads 5-1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Rays beat the Yankees. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Stabbed by Foulke.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Rays beat the Yankees. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Good I think.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Great inning for Lackey.  He has really been good this year.  Much better than his record indicates.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Orioles just came back against the A's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Once again, no offense for Lackey.  So far, at least.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Grooved that one to Crawful. Darn.