Game Thread 144: Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: Game Thread 144: Red Sox at Yankees

Smith Bros. Cough Drops. Used to eat 'em like licorice. Loved 'em!

Life is what happens while were busy making other plans.

John lennon

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

On HLs, Stirling DID say, then up steps Yankee Killer Mike Napoli

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Lackey pitched a very average game today giving up 8 hits/7runs in 5 innings but he deserved a break after he lost a game when he only game up 3 hits in 7 innings. Fortunately, we gave him some run support or some would be complaining. I think Farrell should have pulled him earlier as we needed to see if our middle relievers could perform and with a sizeable lead we could afford some mediocre performances. Can never really rest against NY as I was not comfortable with their coming back from 12-3 to 12-9 and we were scoreless for 4 innings and Napoli's HR seemed like a grandslam cushion fot last of the 9th. Yankees have to feel defeated almost coming back...not a dry eye in my house.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:

Smith Bros. Cough Drops. Used to eat 'em like licorice. Loved 'em!

Life is what happens while were busy making other plans.

John lennon

They were tasty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Got to bury NY almost with a sweep tomorrow from the wild card as they are not losing ground to Tampa who keeps losing(helps us to know we ain't gonna lose the division) but NY plays 6 out of 9 last games against last place teams(I think) SF & Houston. Want them out of it before then !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Got to bury NY almost with a sweep tomorrow from the wild card as they are not losing ground to Tampa who keeps losing(helps us to know we ain't gonna lose the division but NY plays 6 out of 9 last games against last place teams(I think) SF & Houston. Want them out of it before then !!!

Absolutely. MLB gave the Yankees a big break with the schedule . Their last three are with Houston. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

And now breslow...I just don't get this logic.

Why ?  Lefty against lefty, with Uehara not available for the game.

I would have preferred Uehara not pitching yesterday though, and keep him fresh for today.

I just can't understand why he didn't use breslow earlier.totally agree about uehara. Wasn't sure why he was used last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Torgorox. Show Torgorox's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

And now breslow...I just don't get this logic.

Why ?  Lefty against lefty, with Uehara not available for the game.

I would have preferred Uehara not pitching yesterday though, and keep him fresh for today.

I just can't understand why he didn't use breslow earlier.totally agree about uehara. Wasn't sure why he was used last night.

At this point the only BP pitchers Farrell has  any confidence in are Workman, Breslow, and Uehara. Thorton is a complete waste and Tazawa looks used up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Torgorox. Show Torgorox's posts

In response to tomtom1's comment:

In response to trouts' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to gymrat05's comment:

[QUOTE]

I do not want to hear lackey griping about no run support ! You walk Nunez on 4 pitches and you have a 9 run lead ! Please do not pitch Thornton any more ! 

5.2 innings, 8 hits, 3 walks and 7 earned runs. Did Lackey just pitch himself out of a starting playoff assignment?

[/QUOTE]

One bad outing in the last month and you are ready to give up on him?  Are you serious?  Would you rather start Doubront or Dempster.  This man has been solid.  Unbelievably, after losing so many quality starts, looks like he'll win this one.

[/QUOTE]

Please, no Douby or Dempster starting in playoffs.  Are you listening Farrell? No douby or dempster.

Watching either of them pitch is more painful than an ingrown toe nail.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

We need to keep on scoring. No telling how many runs it will take to win this one. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

So far, so good

Yup. Keep it up. Maybe we can get 20 again. Or 21. 

[/QUOTE]

Great weekend so far with boomoming bats, everybody happy eying post september... Just fine...but my concern in case we make it as it seems, is how we are winning.... In sum, our pitching has surrendered 25 runs in 3 games... Not funny at all...we 've scored more, that is true, but that is not the point... Pitching is paramount...god willing Buch could be a true factor... No way we can produce 12 runs per game... Just a concern!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham         

Lackey on Bogaerts. "He crushed [the home run] and made a sick play on Cano. He played a really nice game."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Danny Knobler - CBSSports.com, Senior Basbeall Writer

Red Sox are first visiting team ever to score 9-plus runs on 3 consecutive days vs. Yankees

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jonah Keri - Grantland.com, Sportswriter

Red Sox on pace to win 29 more games than last year. Would tie the '91 Braves, and rank among the biggest worst-to-first swings of all time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:

In a sea of positiveness, Thornton SUCKS! And Farrell keeps sending him out there over and over again!

2.45 over his last 13 appeaqrances.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:

Honestly. over and over AND over again, I find my myself scratching my head with Farrell's moves!

Let me help you out.  Your BB information is limited.  It makes no more sense for you to try to understand Farrell than for to try to understand a rocket scientist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Got to bury NY almost with a sweep tomorrow from the wild card as they are not losing ground to Tampa who keeps losing(helps us to know we ain't gonna lose the division) but NY plays 6 out of 9 last games against last place teams(I think) SF & Houston. Want them out of it before then !!!

Would you prefer to face Moore and Price in the playoffs?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Xander Bogaerts         @XanderBogaerts

Great win today Red Sox ..feels great to hit my first ML homer on my moms b-day!! Thank you everyone for the wishes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

And, as sure as the sun rising in the the east, the Rays lose again. They really "chocked" didn't they! Hahahaha....