Gomes LF
    Pedroia 2B
    Napoli DH
    Nava RF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Carp 1B
    Ross C
    Drew SS
    Pitching: RHP Ryan Dempster (1-2, 3.30).

BLUE JAYS (10-18)
    TBA
    Pitching: LHP J.A. Happ (2-1, 3.86).

Game time: 7:07 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN / WEEI.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Game Thread 28: Red Sox at Blue Jays

Victorino hit on the field this afternoon but is not in the lineup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

The Yankees just placed Joba Chamberlain on the DL with a right oblique strain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Josh Beckett is now 7-20 with 4.95 ERA in last 36 starts; First time in career he's winless in1st 6 starts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Josh Johnson's triceps problem, which Blue Jays said was minor, is now more major. On DL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

RED SOX (19-8)
     Ellsbury CF
    Gomes LF
    Pedroia 2B
    Napoli DH
    Nava RF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Carp 1B
    Ross C
    Drew SS
    Pitching: RHP Ryan Dempster (1-2, 3.30).

BLUE JAYS (10-18)
    TBA
    Pitching: LHP J.A. Happ (2-1, 3.86).

Game time: 7:07 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN / WEEI.

interesting move. giving papi the night off. smart thinking by Mr. Farrell. besides, Naps is zeroed in and looking very dangerous. I like the lineup.

GO SOX!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

David Ross is starting back-to-back games for the first time all season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Stephen Drew is at .190 and .292 OBP

i can see why the bootlickers are so giddy with his performance lately.....what does it say about a "fan" that would rather see the most important field player hit under .200 and stay in the lineup than admit he was wrong about his "hitting" prowess....after all isnt that why we signed him....wait, he has only hit over .280 twice (barely) and the last time was about 5 years ago (in his third year...)

all this for a guy stealing ten million and sure to be gone mercenary style next season....yea - i can see why folks would rather have him playing than iggy or Pedro

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Josh Beckett is now 7-20 with 4.95 ERA in last 36 starts; First time in career he's winless in1st 6 starts

Where are the becket fans these days? anyone? anyone?  man that guy lost all of his friends here on bdc quickly....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i can see why the bootlickers are so giddy with his performance lately.....what does it say about a "fan" that would rather see the most important field player hit under .200 and stay in the lineup than admit he was wrong about his "hitting" prowess....after all isnt that why we signed him....wait, he has only hit over .280 twice (barely) and the last time was about 5 years ago (in his third year...)

all this for a guy stealing ten million and sure to be gone mercenary style next season....yea - i can see why folks would rather have him playing than iggy or Pedro

Stephen Drew was 4 for 35 (.114) in his first 11 games this season. Combine that with his rehab assignment with Double A Portland and that's roughly the equivalent of a normal spring training in terms of at-bats.

He is since 7 of 22 (.318) with three extra-base hits, seven RBIs and five walks.--Peter Abraham

He was injured for half of 2011 and half of 2012 which is why he hasnt had his BA over .280 in 3 years. I imagine its a safe bet to say Drew will end up close to his career OPS, which is just under .800. A week ago he was batting under .100 with an OBP just over .100. He has raised both signifigantly over the last week or so. So, If you put the numbers you listed in the correct context you'll get a clearer picture that says hes got his timing down and is starting to hit like his career numbers suggest he will.

Amazing how putting things in the correct context changes things.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

I'm pretty convinced you are just here to stir up the pot, because no one this dumb could possibly know how to operate a computer, but just in case, you do realize that Drew is 7 for his last 22 and missed a lot of time during Spring Training, right?  He's now had roughly the same amount of at bats he would have had in Fort Myers.

If you want to whine that they should have kept in AAA longer to get his timing down, then that's fine, but you're a little late to the party if you want to bash his hitting & defense right now, because his defense has been great and he's clearly much more comfortable at the plate. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Congrats to former Sea Dog Clay Buchholz, who has been named the American League Pitcher of the Month for April. Buchholz was 5-0 record with a 1.19 ERA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Shane Victorino is available if necessary today and should be in the lineup Friday in Texas.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Mike Napoli  leads the MLB w/ 21 XBH, 14 2B & 31 RBI.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Whispers in Toronto that Buchholz was doctoring baseball last night. Farrell a little ticked off at insinuations.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

John Farrell's response to an accusation that Clay Buchholz was cheating: "He's got rosin on his arm. Rosin was designed to get a grip."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Dirk Hayhurst, a former major-league pitcher, now working as a Toronto radio analyst, posted to his Twitter account that he saw Buchholz "loading the ball with some Eddie Harris worthy slick'em"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

John Farrell:

"It bothers me immensely when someone is going to make an accusation -- and in this case, of cheating -- because they've seen something on TV," Farrell said. "He's got rosin on his arm. Rosin was designed to get a grip. He's got it on his arm. I've seen some people that have brought photographs to me. They're false. The fact is that the guy is 6-0. He's pitched his tail off. People are going to point to cheating? Unfounded."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

John Farrell:

"It bothers me immensely when someone is going to make an accusation -- and in this case, of cheating -- because they've seen something on TV," Farrell said. "He's got rosin on his arm. Rosin was designed to get a grip. He's got it on his arm. I've seen some people that have brought photographs to me. They're false. The fact is that the guy is 6-0. He's pitched his tail off. People are going to point to cheating? Unfounded."

Just for the edifycation of the uneducated rosin was designed too help with getting a grip on a baseball in an effort to keep pitchers from throwing unintentional spitters/spitballs. How would putting rosin on your arm constitute cheating? Only a loser would even intimate such a ludicrious claim!!!! How would rosin on your arm actually help you in a cheating fashion? What moron actually brought a picture of this to the attention of anyone? Must have been the guy who claimed Tiger cheated Mr. Eger seems he has nothing better to do!!!LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Where are the becket fans these days? anyone? anyone?  man that guy lost all of his friends here on bdc quickly....

I'll always be grateful for 2007.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

The Red Sox have put as many men on base against Happ this inning (four) as they did in six innings against Happ on April 6.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Lets Go Sox!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Miller is too wild to be used in close games.  He just walked a terrible hitter.