Game Thread 3: Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Game Thread 3: Red Sox at Yankees

I give Gardner some credit on his HR. he went in & got it , it was not an over the plate meatball. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:

question for the board, i had the radio on, and John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman were discussing Ryan Dempster, Waldman siad heis a good guy to have on your team.then Sterling went into Dempster's rep as an "innings eater" saying to the effect what good is it if he doesn't win games...let me make clear he wasn't talking about Dempster specifically but guys who are known as innings eaters, so i guess my question is being that Dempster was 12-8 last year, what do you think is a reasonable/acceptable amount of wins for someone who's know as such??? 

It's based on the idea that you've got a couple of guys at the top of the rotation who are putting you well over .500.  You need guys at the back who are around .500 and pitching enough innings to not overtax the bullpen.

thanks Nut'..i just found it to be a strange statement, say he was pitching like # 4-5 in your rotation and he was consistently giving you 200 innings i would find 12 or so wins from him not too shabby..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ross cut down two base stealers. Both on one hop throws. Big assist to Iglesias . Nice scoop and tag.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Struck out 8 but walked 4, lot of pitches, but first outing of the season, not so bad.

went 5 innings. I was thinking he might give us something closer to 7 but... I like the strikeouts, & if he had some run support his mistakes wouldn't be so glaring .

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

JBJ! RBI double! I thought it was gone.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

sawx are seeing the benefits of great fundamental guys.. btw, JAGR just scored his first goal!

real nice pickup by the B's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Yes! JBJ

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, Jackie!!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Soooooo close

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

AAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I hate April.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

cold air kept that in the park

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Thought Ross's was gone. To bad it was to the deepest part 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

wow...Cervy goes yard!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Iggy single left

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:

question for the board, i had the radio on, and John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman were discussing Ryan Dempster, Waldman siad heis a good guy to have on your team.then Sterling went into Dempster's rep as an "innings eater" saying to the effect what good is it if he doesn't win games...let me make clear he wasn't talking about Dempster specifically but guys who are known as innings eaters, so i guess my question is being that Dempster was 12-8 last year, what do you think is a reasonable/acceptable amount of wins for someone who's know as such??? 

Hi Jete. I don't have a number of wins that would be acceptable. To me " innings eater " is a euphemism for " doesn't have real good stuff."  You would like any starter to go deep in the game.  I don't know that Dempster will " eat " any more innings than our other guys.

Disagree; it means a horse who doesn't break down, stuff not withstanding. However, they are usually not an ace, but almost as important, since they save the staff (including AAA). The most notorious examples were Walt "Bulldog" Terrell, and an example of aces were Spahn, Drysdale, Gibson, & Robin Roberts (All HOFers). I believe Roberts won 26-27 games 3+ yrs in a row (154 game seasons to boot, on a bad team), and pitched over 300 IPs many times; granted, it was a different era. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ellsbury sux! Beats into a double play, against old man Andy. Nearly everyone else has a hit.

bradley had one too ya know

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ellsbury sux! Beats into a double play, against old man Andy. Nearly everyone else has a hit.

& Iggy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Checked Baseball Reference : Between 1950 and 1955 Roberts pitched 300+ IP every yr, and led the NL 4 consecutive yrs in IP & WINS; his WIN totals during this stretch were 20,21,28,23,23,23. His arm must have tired, because the next 2 seasons he went 19-18 (297 IP) and 10-22, with ERAs from the 2s to the 4s.

He was in the MVP voting from 1950-1956 (when he won 19 that last yr)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I think?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

"Ellsbury sux! Beats into a double play, against old man Andy. Nearly everyone else has a hit.

bradley had one too ya know"

Logic?? Are you sure you know how this process works?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

& Iggy

of course that doesnt matter to softy as he will take any chance to cheap shot Ells.