Game Thread 57: Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: Game Thread 57: Red Sox at Yankees

Nava, Bradley, Iglesias went 9 for 16 w/ 5 RBI, 2 2Bs, & a 3 run HR. 5 hits out the 8 & 9 spots and there were some definitive hits in there. Laced.

Like to see more walks but the whole team combined had only 3 total ( Ortiz 2, Carp 1). Part of the reason is not looking at border-line strike 3 calls. If its close, I'd rather them swing 'cause they really aren't getting that call (Not this series, the whole season). If I can mention that w/out sounding like a crybaby is the real challenge for me. Smile 

Nice to see the kids clickin' on offense. Hopefully they keep it up. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

And the Heat are losing!

Always great to see the Heat lose.  It would be great to see them lose the next game.  Not sure it will happen but it would make me very happy. 

Miami and James annoy me.  Real superstars don't try to accumulate a dream team.  Bird never left, Magic never left, Jordan, Shaq, all these guys won with what they handed.

Plus, I love watching Hibbert play.  Dude is a beast.  You can't cover James, but all the guys on Miami look like skinny kids compared to Hibbert.  The Pacers are the blue collar guys at this dance.

I agree Joe, (about Hibbert, the Pacers) but to include Shaq as one of those guys who hung in there and won with the team he was drafted by couldn't be further from the truth.

He fled Orlando for tinseltown (and Kobe) pretty much for the same reasons Labron went to the Heat.

True. But the Magic were more than competitive. The Cavs not so much. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

btw, is it possible for douby to show less confidence on the mound?

9 starts and only one with more than 3 ERs.

hey joe, you're leaving a lot out.

Not really.  His 9 starts.

• 5.0 IP 3 ER
    • 5.0 IP 2 ER
    • 6.2 IP 3 ER
    • 6.2 IP 3 ER
    • 3.2 IP 6 ER
    • 5.0 IP 2 ER
    • 6.0 IP 2 ER
    • 6.0 IP 2 ER
    • 6.0 IP 1 ER

In a starting role, he has had only one bad inning this year.  Two ground ball singles, a walk, a bases-clearing 2B by Beltre, and the RP allowed one more.  Take out the one bad inning, at Texas, and his starting ERA is ~ 3.50.  Obviously you can do similar exercises with other SPs, but if continues the pattern above for the remainder of the year, he'll be quite a bit > .500.

It's all about quality starts. What more should we want from any pitcher and especially a #5? Give me consistently good quality starts any day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

And the Heat are losing!

Always great to see the Heat lose.  It would be great to see them lose the next game.  Not sure it will happen but it would make me very happy. 

Miami and James annoy me.  Real superstars don't try to accumulate a dream team.  Bird never left, Magic never left, Jordan, Shaq, all these guys won with what they handed.

Plus, I love watching Hibbert play.  Dude is a beast.  You can't cover James, but all the guys on Miami look like skinny kids compared to Hibbert.  The Pacers are the blue collar guys at this dance.

I agree Joe, (about Hibbert, the Pacers) but to include Shaq as one of those guys who hung in there and won with the team he was drafted by couldn't be further from the truth.

He fled Orlando for tinseltown (and Kobe) pretty much for the same reasons Labron went to the Heat.

Shaq while with the Magic made it to the NBA finals one time, same with Labron with the Cavs.

Big difference is that Labron actually hung in there longer with the Cavs (7 seasons) then Shaq with Orlando (4 seasons).

I see Labron as less of a carpetbagger than Shaq. Kind of tough for him to stay in Cleveland knowing that pretty much every season the franchise would be carried on his back.

Labron was there 7 years and you well know how competitive every season any organization run by Pat Riley is going to be.

I know that they are not a likeable group unless you are of course a Heat fan, but I can't blame Labron for taking advantage of the opportunities he had in front of him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

yanks lost because the umpire blew to pitches in the 9th

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

And the Heat are losing!

Shaq while with the Magic made it to the NBA finals one time, same with Labron with the Cavs.

Big difference is that Labron actually hung in there longer with the Cavs (7 seasons) then Shaq with Orlando (4 seasons).

I see Labron as less of a carpetbagger than Shaq. Kind of tough for him to stay in Cleveland knowing that pretty much every season the franchise would be carried on his back.

Labron was there 7 years and you pretty much know how competitive an organization run by Pat Riley is going to be.

I know that they are not a likeable group unless you are of course a Heat fan, but I can't blame Labron for taking advantage of the opportunities he had in front of him. 

Oh that's right. Swept by the Spurs in 07. Forgive me, If it wasn't so highly forgettable, i would not have forgotten. Wink

For me? It's not when or why. It's how. That media charade when he "took his talents to S. Beach" was so self-righteous & obnoxious maggots everywhere were gagging. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I agree the homeplate umpire was semi-blind, giving the hitters a lot of balls that were obvious strikes, but it was still a rough justice because he did it to both sides.  A lousy ump should have favored Hughes because he is more mature, plus Doubront has seemed temperamental in the past.  As it was, Doubront hung in there, but Huges didn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And the Heat are losing!

Labron was there 7 years and you pretty much know how competitive an organization run by Pat Riley is going to be.

Oh that's right. Swept by the Spurs in 07. Forgive me, If it wasn't so highly forgettable, i would not have forgotten. Wink

For me? It's not when or why. It's how. That media charade when he "took his talents to S. Beach" was so self-righteous & obnoxious maggots everywhere were gagging. 

I know there was/is a great deal of anger from Knick fans directed at Labron for choosing Miami who had hoped Labron would pick their franchise.

The guy is the undeniably the best talent in the game love him or hate him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

And the Heat are losing!

I know there was/is a great deal of anger from Knick fans directed at Labron for choosing Miami who had hoped Labron would pick their franchise.

The guy is the undeniably the best talent in the game love him or hate him.

Its hard to fault a guy for going wherever he wants to go, either for the money, or for a better chance to win a ring. If I were fortunate enough to be in that position, I would be doing exactly what I wanted to do and not worry about what anyone else thought about my decision-since its MY life to run as I please. I can't issue negative judgement on LeBron or Shaq for making whatever choice they see fit. I still don't have to like LeBron, but it IS his life.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

btw, is it possible for douby to show less confidence on the mound?

9 starts and only one with more than 3 ERs.

hey joe, you're leaving a lot out.

Not really.  His 9 starts.

• 5.0 IP 3 ER
    • 5.0 IP 2 ER
    • 6.2 IP 3 ER
    • 6.2 IP 3 ER
    • 3.2 IP 6 ER
    • 5.0 IP 2 ER
    • 6.0 IP 2 ER
    • 6.0 IP 2 ER
    • 6.0 IP 1 ER

In a starting role, he has had only one bad inning this year.  Two ground ball singles, a walk, a bases-clearing 2B by Beltre, and the RP allowed one more.  Take out the one bad inning, at Texas, and his starting ERA is ~ 3.50.  Obviously you can do similar exercises with other SPs, but if continues the pattern above for the remainder of the year, he'll be quite a bit > .500.

Joe,

Good post.  I know there is room for improvement, but he hasn't been a bust like so manyu infer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

yanks lost because the umpire blew to pitches in the 9th

Zac,

You are, as usual, the master of the ironic.