Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.

getaway day....you guys get some home cooking after this...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm glad DMac is playing vs the lefty, but I thought Ross was a better RF'er than DMac. They have DMac in RF and Ross in LF. Maybe I was wrong about Ross being a capable fielder, because DMac is one of the worst RF'ers I have seen in years. (DMac seemed to play LF OK.)

Good to see Shoppach in vs the lefty. I hope this becomes a regular thing. Salty stinks vs lefties, and Shoppach has had a great career vs them.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Go blue jays!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

A win today is important psychologically before coming home.  Hope Lester can continue his April turnaround.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.:
    [QUOTE]A win today is important psychologically before coming home.  Hope Lester can continue his April turnaround.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

take the series, head home for the opener, a good start from Beckett can turn things around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.:
    [QUOTE]RED SOX (1-4) Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH McDonald RF Ross LF Aviles SS Shoppach C Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (0-0, 1.29)
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

And why isn't Sweeney playing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. :  take the series, head home for the opener, a good start from Beckett can turn things around.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I like it JB.  Though, despite my rampant optimism, I am doubtful on Beckett.  I have the feeling that the thumb is toast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : And why isn't Sweeney playing
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Good question, today may have been one of those 6 games this year he will hit a home-run. Dos Mio!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad DMac is playing vs the lefty, but I thought Ross was a better RF'er than DMac. They have DMac in RF and Ross in LF. Maybe I was wrong about Ross being a capable fielder, because DMac is one of the worst RF'ers I have seen in years. (DMac seemed to play LF OK.) Good to see Shoppach in vs the lefty. I hope this becomes a regular thing. Salty stinks vs lefties, and Shoppach has had a great career vs them.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Sweeney has hit in every game going 8 for 18 and he sits? Shoppach is 0 for 9 lifetime against Romero. Good to see DMAC and Shoppach in there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes it is, again why sit Sweeney when he might hit one of his 6 yealry homers.... what are they thinking?!?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : And why isn't Sweeney playing
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I will let you do the work, but, do youy know his splits vs. lefties?  Take a gander and you will know the answer to your question without any further subtle exasperation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ADG will spend the rest of the year saying one or both of the following:

"Why isn't Sweeney in there," and/or "I told you all Sweeney was the man!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : I like it JB.  Though, despite my rampant optimism, I am doubtful on Beckett.  I have the feeling that the thumb is toast.

I've had my doubts also, space but Peter Abraham said while Beckett never uses his injuries as an excuse to the media, he has always been honest with the organization, while some players are not. He claims it's not an issue. Hoping it's a repeat of last season, didnt do well in his first start in Cleveland, then was lights out until Septmeber. Friday will tell the story.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : I've had my doubts also, space but Peter Abraham said while Beckett never uses his injuries as an excuse to the media, he has always been honest with the organization, while some players are not. He claims its not an issue. Friday will tell the story.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with that assesment.  But, at the same time, Beckett came out and said he had been getting cortisone shots in the off-season and in ST and that it could require surgery "at some point".  So, its not like he is saying it is not an issue.

I agree, Friday will be telling.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Yeah, I agree with that assesment.  But, at the same time, Beckett came out and said he had been getting cortisone shots in the off-season and in ST and that it could require surgery "at some point".  So, its not like he is saying it is not an issue. I agree, Friday will be telling.

Beckett said it's been an issue for 18 months, which would include last season. He said the cotizone shots were not as effective recently. I would think if it was that much worse, after seing 3 doctors, he wouldnt have started the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Good question, today may have been one of those 6 games this year he will hit a home-run. Dos Mio!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

LOL ... Burrito, don't forget I have him starting against you today in "The League" LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Beckett said it's been an issue for 18 months, which would include last season. He said the cotizone shots were not as effective recently. I would think if it was that much worse, after seing 3 doctors, he wouldnt have started the season.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right.  I guess my fear is not that JB is lying per se, but just that his competetive instinct and desire to bury last September is driving him to compete even with a bad thumb.  But, I really hope you are right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : I hope you are right.  I guess my fear is not that JB is lying per se, but just that his competetive instinct and desire to bury last September is driving him to compete even with a bad thumb.  But, I really hope you are right.

So do I, Space, so do I...but I'm usually not, so don't count on itWinkSealed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This is a game they need today.

Looking for another good start from Lester and hoping the bats show up before the 9th inning.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I'm afraid that we may have to re-think the idea that this team will have no trouble scoring runs. This is not a terribly impressive lineup. If Ellsbury and Youkilis don't start producing , we have a total of three productive hitters on the team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I'm afraid that we may have to re-think the idea that this team will have no trouble scoring runs. This is not a terribly impressive lineup. If Ellsbury and Youkilis don't start producing , we have a total of three productive hitters on the team.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Always good to make judgements on offensive potential based on 5 games in April.